Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Spirituality  > !!DANGER!! Enemies of the Cross/Spirit!

Old 09-29-2018, 07:22 AM

Default !!DANGER!! Enemies of the Cross/Spirit!

Pardon the discomforting title, but ask one who knows that discomfort with much patience concerning this form of doctrinal abuse.

The following opinion of mine comes from the undercurrent that could be found in so many Churches today that are as numerous as the stars in the sky, but by-and-large, they are profoundly guilty of cleaving to the wrong recipe; The Connection vs The Power. Beware of this beast!

The many mottos Churches acquire I am weary of, but within all their varying initiatives, these all have the same connection to the Spirit:
`repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'

(Acts 2:37-38).
The Faith that Dies
(“can faith save”?)

But this initial sound recipe is as far as they go and where they part from our NT forerunners.

You know the drill, shall I cite for you (dear reader) elsewhere in this section where that warning can be found to part from our dearest of worshipping acquaintances?, ,
“, , having a form of godliness, but denying
the power thereof: from such turn away
.”

“, , it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our
salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is
far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off
the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.”

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.”

(2 Timothy 3:5, Romans 13:11, Ephesians 6:10)
It is either or the other; we seek the Lord accordingly, or we work to fulfill an initiative accordingly! And this dovetails into the success of T2O or not, , it is God who gives increase in all. Let us take care of the smaller things so he would bring about that increase! Amen!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-2018, 04:36 PM

Default Re: !!DANGER!! Enemies of the Cross/Spirit!

Jesus taught us that Christians would be hated; this should come as no surprise. He told Nicodemus that people preferred darkness to the light of Christ, because (many) of their works were evil. And he told His Disciples they would be hated because they were not of this world.
The most difficult question Christians face, I think, is whether we can only hope to raise and convert more Christians, or can we reasonably expect to significantly change the world (other than by growing more Christians).
I ask members to express their opinions, and I pray God will give us inspiration to understand, and power to improve it. God told Adam to subdue the world, to fill it, and to have dominance over it. But what did this mean?

Last edited by eschator83 : 10-01-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-17-2019, 05:04 AM

Default Re: !!DANGER!! Enemies of the Cross/Spirit!

Though we shouldn’t be surprised at the lack of interest over this, we shouldn’t also be alarmed at the denial when it is found. God is on the throne. Yet caution is one thing that shouldn’t be denied.
“, , having a form of godliness, but denying
the power thereof: from such turn away.”

(1 Timothy 3:5)
The two main points this raises over the work of communion and regeneration within a Christian is just that,
Power for living
Power for transforming
If you are new to the faith, take heart even when facing concern about expecting too much of His cleansing renewal; there is a segment in Christendom that would willingly go to their grave if it meant stamping out any possibility of not only walking in His power, but a person being changed by it too.