Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Spirituality  > Feast of the Baptizer

Old 07-03-2019, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Feast of the Baptizer

One of the single greatest preachers of our time became known by many as a gifted man of God. Although as an evangelist, the thrust and theme of his messages was to compel the listener to decide to choose Christ as the only way to heaven and a fuller life on earth, God mightily used and blessed Billy Graham increasingly.

What was Dr. Graham’s response to the masses when he did approach the subject of Jesus’ teachings on Baptism with the Holy Ghost?
"I believe the Scriptures teach that, at least one time, we’re baptized" - Billy Graham

The Holy Spirit and you - Sacramento CA - September 16, 1983
Billy Graham on the Holy Spirit

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2019, 02:58 PM

I got a book called "The Holy Spirit" by billy graham, I agreed with all I read.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
I got a book called "The Holy Spirit" by billy graham, I agreed with all I read.
Between Peter’s founding, Paul’s planting and Apollos’ watering, whom do you think Billy was most likened to? Was not Billy regarded mostly as a planter? If so, had he the enormous opportunity to accompany Paul, would you think there would be some major shifts in Billy’s method of sowing the word?
Old 07-07-2019, 09:21 PM

Although most see him as a planter, I can tell you that he had groups of people that went ahead of him to his locations of rallies, and drummed up interest, so I see them as the planter and him as a gatherer. Then sometimes others take up the task of growing in the faith, sometimes no one helps them grow afterwords. I think he and Paul were a good bit different, although Peter and he were much closer in role in the church.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:20 AM

For the Gospel’s sake we all, no matter what stage of development we are, told to take on the full armor of God. One such is the armor of the Gospel, either with the preparation or being baptized with full power from on high,
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
But you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you:
and you shall be witnesses unto me, , unto the uttermost part of the earth.

(Ephesians 6:15, Acts 1:8)
My, what a joy it is to lead someone to Christ! Even more so knowing this joy is shared in heaven and furthermore shared with others when they too win another soul. This power, for sharing the Gospel to the world is unfortunately not presented to the “uttermost part” of the world by all sowers receiving it with this, God’s blessing of unity with all brothers. Yet this Gospel shall be preached.

What an amazement it is to see when among us, the unflinched resolve of a brother who comes to Church with a battered face saying, was due to sharing the Gospel. The interesting thing there is, there is no limit that makes our suffering incorrect for the Gospel’s sake, it is all commendable before God and His power will rest upon us, yet He knows our limits to do so.
Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

(Acts 15:26)
Another hazard is of a deeper sort. What Jesus referred to as the clean house formerly troubled by being associated with demonic activity.
When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.

(Luke 11:24-26)
This is where I wish all those naysayers would come down from their lofty ideal to understand the importance of not only claiming sinners but pray over the baptism of the Holy Spirit for filling them too.

Old 09-20-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
But you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you:
and you shall be witnesses unto me, , unto the uttermost part of the earth.

(Acts 1:8)
Then again, a hazard of a different sort. How deeply should that power flow?

To follow Christ using the Apostle’s example, remains a query for me, does preaching the word “in season, out of season” attempt to lay an adverse foundation where Christ is known?
And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where
Christ was named, lest I should build on another man’s foundation,

Romans 15:20
While also putting him in remembrance to "redeem the time" which to me speaks of an exhilaration for the word, but, shall it speak of every oracle of knowing Christ and Him crucified in error if we resist such tampering of that foundation?