Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Spirituality  > Towards Having Your Gift

Old 05-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Towards Having Your Gift

This is a tough subject for sure. Is it possible that all of our faiths are weak and that's why healings are so rare? I think it is. I'm no saint for sure. Or is Jesus saying something else.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
This is a tough subject for sure. Is it possible that all of our faiths are weak and that's why healings are so rare? I think it is. I'm no saint for sure. Or is Jesus saying something else.
Hello CC, you are more correct than you may think. I posted on another thread, scripture about Peter, asking to follow Jesus to where he was going, (that he would follow him to death) and Jesus asked him back, follow me to death? and tells him that very night he would deny him 3 times.

Put that in perspective. All the things Peter witnessed and accomplished himself, but still, his belief wavered enough after all that, that the very night he would be challenged, out of fear, (lack of faith, after all, when called out, there was in fact his chance to follow him) he would deny Jesus 3 times. a weakness in full belief of everything taught and encountered.

Now, Perhaps also, that was the moment, he had to choose, that he chose he would fully believe, no longer drift, or perhaps it was when Jesus returned. somewhere, in there.

So yes, Some struggle more than others with belief, I find the Coptic's (Orthodoxy) in the Middle east fascinating as they live a life of Christianity (defined as striving to be Christ like) knowing they are daily terrorist targets, and have been throughout much of their history, a threat, this country's Christians, hardly understands.

When you have fleshly life in the temporary perspective or stand at deaths door or other encounters, you have choices at times. Sometimes you are fortunate enough to get a chance to choose to no longer drift but surrender wholly. Because that's just what its about.

By the way, from my perspective and many, healing's are not so rare. They are just not frequent enough.. Perhaps your looking for a certain kind in a certain place at a certain time..

Dan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdan View Post
Hello again from Pentecostal Assembly of God land... a bit of a challenge for you my friend.
your original post draws a strong conclusion that Pentecostals are taught they are to do or able, greater works meaning miracles and healing s than Jesus himself "because I go unto my father"

Well, I am here to tell you, never in all my days was I ever taught that, have I ever met anyone taught that, in fact I never met anyone so arrogant to even suggest that. I am curious where that information comes from. I purposely did some research into fundamental truths / statements of faith across the web, couldn't find any that even remote suggest that type of interpretation .. My personal interpretation is close to Jims/Lookinforacity with the previously mentioned verse being the resurrection and completion.

Dan
Sorry, Then that has me wondering if I've miss-applied something somewhere? For the "greater works" notion to aspire to is something I have always encountered, at least most always.
People come to me all the time asking, "Ken, the Bible says that greater works than these shall we do. Why aren't we seeing them happen?" I tell them, "The reason we're not seeing it happen is because people are not moving in all the gifts of the Spirit." - Commanding Power – Kenneth Hagin Jr 1985
Old 05-13-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Sorry, Then that has me wondering if I've miss-applied something somewhere? For the "greater works" notion to aspire to is something I have always encountered, at least most always.
People come to me all the time asking, "Ken, the Bible says that greater works than these shall we do. Why aren't we seeing them happen?" I tell them, "The reason we're not seeing it happen is because people are not moving in all the gifts of the Spirit." - Commanding Power – Kenneth Hagin Jr 1985

I would clarify greater works with example such as the following...

Now, with the technology, you or I or anyone has a capability of reaching millions by just simply communicating on a message board on some religious site, much greater an audience than by a sea shore, or a few weeks ago, I posted a video, with a man, (Nick Vujicic)who was/would beyond a shadow of a doubt be considered a helpless cripple with no arms and legs, and far beyond being healed, He touches Millions of hearts, all in Jesus name.

Dan

Last edited by iamdan : 05-13-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdan View Post

I would clarify greater works with example such as the following...

Now, with the technology, you or I or anyone has a capability of reaching millions by just simply communicating on a message board on some religious site, much greater an audience than by a sea shore, or a few weeks ago, I posted a video, with a man, (Nick Vujicic)who was/would beyond a shadow of a doubt be considered a helpless cripple with no arms and legs, and far beyond being healed, He touches Millions of hearts, all in Jesus name.

Dan
Oh. Then is this what I am being understood saying, that these types of things do not consist of being "greater"? I do btw, being under the collective work of the Spirit.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Oh. Then is this what I am being understood saying, that these types of things do not consist of being "greater"? I do btw, being under the collective work of the Spirit.
Of course, If you are not being led by the Holy Spirit, then you are being deceived. To be doing these things, experiencing these gifts you should be grasping and understanding that difference.
as to greater, perhaps a play for lack of choicer words, but in perspective, if our teacher were present, how much greater would he be?
After all, it is written, when he returns ALL will see him and know him..not just a few meesly million.

Revelation 1:7 (KJV)
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Mark 13:26 (KJV)
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
Luke 21:26-27 (KJV)
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Last edited by iamdan : 05-13-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Maybe something overlooked. Maybe something already present. How I have pondered whether a nurturing towards our own counterproductivity isn’t in play?

May the true necessity of receiving from the Lord for those times of refreshing, ,never be misplaced through lack of contentment, or for anything that we have already received or which we already have.

While we do consider things from our Christian quarters could most always experience something better from the hands of Him who can bring about that ancient surprise, exceedingly abundantly, the lifting of those refreshing floodgates could, (depending on our individual needs) fall on those oft-overlooked categories of, patience and or suffering for Jesus sake. Neither being mutually exclusive but greatly dependent on the other and most always seen being rewarded. Whether that path leads us to pay the ultimate price or we fix firmly in our hearts that the Lord holds a thousand years as one day, and commit to the Creator’s hands on that premise, that He is still able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ask OR think.

Who, after that duration has occurred can resist what the Lord deems appropriate? Or put another way, what if that blessing itself experienced a duration, nurtured, and developed, who is it then that deems it inappropriate?