Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Spirituality  > The Fondness for Supernatural

Old 12-31-2015, 04:29 AM

Default The Fondness for Supernatural

This could be one more of those subjects that could invite a multitude of usages to discuss, I understand that. But here, I was wondering if it could remain subject-free a while to only focus on this one thing, should we ascend to the expectant mind, or decline for it being associated to evil, this element of the supernatural? But if you feel a particular aspect needs to be introduced, feel free.

Those of us who have made our presence at differing Christian places of worship will soon experience this as being one of those items that separates us quite sharply. May I say here, the impression I am left with is folks would generally like to stay in a beneficiary position without the fanfare. Which to me remarks something of fence-straddling, but if we cut away the contentious bias to core conviction, I don’t see how that is possible, either we are pro or con on this one. As three benchmark verses:

"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah." (Matthew 16:4)

“So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?” (Galatians 3:5)

“Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” (I John 4:1)

Do we ascent or decline?

Thanks,

God Bless!

Mike.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-31-2015, 05:15 PM

Default Re: The Fondness for Supernatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
This could be one more of those subjects that could invite a multitude of usages to discuss, I understand that. But here, I was wondering if it could remain subject-free a while to only focus on this one thing, should we ascend to the expectant mind, or decline for it being associated to evil, this element of the supernatural? But if you feel a particular aspect needs to be introduced, feel free.

Those of us who have made our presence at differing Christian places of worship will soon experience this as being one of those items that separates us quite sharply. May I say here, the impression I am left with is folks would generally like to stay in a beneficiary position without the fanfare. Which to me remarks something of fence-straddling, but if we cut away the contentious bias to core conviction, I don’t see how that is possible, either we are pro or con on this one. As three benchmark verses:

"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah." (Matthew 16:4)

“So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?” (Galatians 3:5)

“Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” (I John 4:1)

Do we ascent or decline?

Thanks,

God Bless!

Mike.

The first verse doesn't pertain to anyone other than the Jews at the time of Christ, Jesus was telling them.

Luk. 11:30
For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

See what I mean, there isn't anything for us to ascent to in regard to this verse.

JIM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-01-2016, 01:13 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:

Do we ascent or decline?

Thanks,

God Bless!

Mike.
Depends on one's definition of supernatural:

Quick definitions from WordNet (supernatural)

▸ noun: supernatural forces and events and beings collectively ("She doesn't believe in the supernatural")
▸ adjective: not existing in nature or subject to explanation according to natural laws; not physical or material ("Supernatural forces and occurrences and beings")

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

A Call to Persevere
17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

This verse you quoted:

Quote:
God works His Spirit in a supernatural way.

We should ascend to this supernatural Spirit.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Depends on one's definition of supernatural:

Quick definitions from WordNet (supernatural)

▸ noun: supernatural forces and events and beings collectively ("She doesn't believe in the supernatural")
▸ adjective: not existing in nature or subject to explanation according to natural laws; not physical or material ("Supernatural forces and occurrences and beings")

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

A Call to Persevere
17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

God works His Spirit in a supernatural way.

We should ascend to this supernatural Spirit.
Amen!

You know, one that comes to mind is the ref our Lord gave, and only once was “the finger of God”. I find that one fascinating. Is that an evil interest to be repented of? I would sincerely like to hear other’s objections. I think some folks cares stoke more fear than interest. Bravo Cinder!

Mike.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post

The first verse doesn't pertain to anyone other than the Jews at the time of Christ, Jesus was telling them.

Luk. 11:30
For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

See what I mean, there isn't anything for us to ascent to in regard to this verse.

JIM

Gasp! The “For as Jonas” could be those jewish directed 100%, I honestly didn’t consider. Even with the more generalized “An evil and adulterous generation” of v4. The one thing that would prevent my total signing onto said directness is II Tim 3:13, that shoulders my last; I John 4:1:

“But evil men, , , shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived”

If the Lord’s assessment garners “evil”, we may have come to – and long past Paul’s, putting (if possible) the Lord’s in a much better light and easing the directness.

Mike.

Last edited by pryz : 01-01-2016 at 08:37 AM. Reason: He's not finished w/me
Old 01-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Amen!

You know, one that comes to mind is the ref our Lord gave, and only once was “the finger of God”. I find that one fascinating. Is that an evil interest to be repented of? I would sincerely like to hear other’s objections. I think some folks cares stoke more fear than interest. Bravo Cinder!

Mike.

Our repentance is inspired by the supernatural. Each of us in our own way and in our own time.

Luke 11:20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

But we have a part to play in this supernatural relationship.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Demons are supernatural as well.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post

Our repentance is inspired by the supernatural. Each of us in our own way and in our own time.

Luke 11:20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

But we have a part to play in this supernatural relationship.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Demons are supernatural as well.
True.

I wonder with small doubt at my own convincement,

Is the worst of this refusal to approve unknowingly enlist itself in the worst of my assessment,

Rebellion, which “is as the sin of witchcraft” (1 Sam 15:23), also supernatural?

Mike.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
True.

I wonder with small doubt at my own convincement,

Is the worst of this refusal to approve unknowingly enlist itself in the worst of my assessment,

Rebellion, which “is as the sin of witchcraft” (1 Sam 15:23), also supernatural?

Mike.
That kind of supernatural we are to refuse, most definitely but also help to bring to repentance at which I understand is a purpose of your thread and rightly so.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
", , should we ascend to the expectant mind, or decline for it being associated to evil, this element of the supernatural? But if you feel a particular aspect needs to be introduced, feel free.
"Enter through the narrow gate, , “

(Matthew 7:13)
Could those resistant to ascent be drawing v-13 against the miraculous? I do somewhat.

As Rev. K. Hagin would say in regard to supernatural, ‘You can’t strike your finger with a hammer and strike it again after praying for the first injury, you can’t violate the laws of nature.’

So then, he who happens to be the most likely candidate to believe for the mountain to be cast into the sea since Christ himself walked among us, would he first send out a public service announcement as well as law-enforcement to deploy immediate evacuation procedures?

Old 02-24-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:
"Enter through the narrow gate, , “

(Matthew 7:13)
Could those resistant to ascent be drawing v-13 against the miraculous? I do somewhat.

As Rev. K. Hagin would say in regard to supernatural, ‘You can’t strike your finger with a hammer and strike it again after praying for the first injury, you can’t violate the laws of nature.’

So then, he who happens to be the most likely candidate to believe for the mountain to be cast into the sea since Christ himself walked among us, would he first send out a public service announcement as well as law-enforcement to deploy immediate evacuation procedures?
It doesn’t appear this was an especially popular subject by the lack of interaction, but maybe they’re correct in resisting the subject. For what impresses me most these days concerning this is the ease which our Lord walked in and the references that attest to an ever-present calm.

I am convinced, the (Jms 5:16) “effectual fervent prayer” isn’t a frenzied or agitated prayer but one of composure, of contentment, of assurance, , but first of ease.
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

(Philippians 4:19)
Now what is the first thing that this ease of “all” meets up with that I think leads my resistant friends? Oh yes, lest we forget,
“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.”

(Romans 12:3)
Therefore, the extraction below showing a supplied-faith certain members can walk in is justified, one to instruct a mountain-moving faith, if again, that is what God’s own supply of ease has led you to,
“Therefore, when Mary came where Jesus was, she saw Him, and fell at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.” When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and was troubled, and said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to Him, “Lord, come and see.” Jesus wept. So the Jews were saying, “See how He loved him!” But some of them said, “Could not this man, who opened the eyes of the blind man, have kept this man also from dying?”

So Jesus, again being deeply moved within, came to the tomb. Now it was a cave, and a stone was lying against it. Jesus said, “Remove the stone.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there will be a stench, for he has been dead four days.” Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. “I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me.” When He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth.” The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.”

(John 11:32-44)