Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Sexual Morality  > God is Not “Love”

Old 09-04-2017, 04:27 AM

Default Re: God is Not “Love”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
God is Truth
Isaiah 65:16

16. "Because he who is blessed in the earth Will be blessed by the God of truth; And he who swears in the earth Will swear by the God of truth; Because the former troubles are forgotten, And because they are hidden from My sight!

God is Love
1 John 4:8

8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

God reveals Truth
John 16:13

13. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

You seem to think that a faithful believer in Christ cannot be instructed by Christ/God via the Holy Spirit. Or, perhaps revelations are no longer believed possible, when in fact it is available to all true believers.

Revelation from scripture, or from prayer and meditation for conscious contact with God, via the Holy Spirit of Truth, for God's will for us (and not our own will, hence unconditional) is a revelation. Because God is inconceivable to us, only God/Christ can make the inconceivable conceivable, hence a revelation of what is true. It is God's will for us to conceive God unconditionally / Truth unconditionally / Love unconditionally.

When we become conditional (out of fear, or a lack of faith) we block ourselves from receiving the truth.
On the contrary, I happen to believe a person could be instructed by the Holy Spirit with very little knowledge of the scriptures. But we know by the scriptures themselves, that isn’t God’s will.

For revelation will never transgress the word, remember? As Jesus said in stark contrast,
"Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.”
(John 17:17)
How much of the word? Just as v-13 says, "all". The acts of revelation should never be an anticipation to serve oneself, though that is possible, but others. Can that possibly be proven? Of course! If I’m being instructed by the Holy Spirit, wouldn’t this serving others be confirmed by the word? Yes,
“Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.”
(1 Corinthians 14:26)
Revelations, words of knowledge, words of wisdom, interpretations can all on occasion come to minister outward relief to our lives, but we are told to “test the spirits”, even the interpretations are to be weighed. We must develop a shrewd mindset to guard with, for there are many deceivers.

Revelation, the act of revealing or disclosing
Perversion, to cause to turn away

If we are speaking and instructing by the Spirit of truth, it won’t obstruct our sanctification of v-17's “Thy truth”.

Now that I know is the force of God's own edict, the scriptures are littered with instances of helping us to guard the flock with. I would rather be found faithful in that.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-04-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
On the contrary, I happen to believe a person could be instructed by the Holy Spirit with very little knowledge of the scriptures. But we know by the scriptures themselves, that isn’t God’s will.

For revelation will never transgress the word, remember? As Jesus said in stark contrast,
"Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.”
(John 17:17)
How much of the word? Just as v-13 says, "all". The acts of revelation should never be an anticipation to serve oneself, though that is possible, but others. Can that possibly be proven? Of course! If I’m being instructed by the Holy Spirit, wouldn’t this serving others be confirmed by the word? Yes,
“Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.”
(1 Corinthians 14:26)
Revelations, words of knowledge, words of wisdom, interpretations can all on occasion come to minister outward relief to our lives, but we are told to “test the spirits”, even the interpretations are to be weighed. We must develop a shrewd mindset to guard with, for there are many deceivers.

Revelation, the act of revealing or disclosing
Perversion, to cause to turn away

If we are speaking and instructing by the Spirit of truth, it won’t obstruct our sanctification of v-17's “Thy truth”.

Now that I know is the force of God's own edict, the scriptures are littered with instances of helping us to guard the flock with. I would rather be found faithful in that.

Firstly, John 17:17 does not mean 'never transgress the word'. But to sanctify (bless, support, approve) them (the disciples) by the truth, your word is truth.

Do not today's disciples of Christ discern the truth via the Holy Spirit?

John 17:17-18 does not say that what is recorded about what Jesus Christ spoke, in the New Testament, is the full measure of the word.

Do you really think that all that is recorded, in what Jesus said in the New Testament, is all that he spoke in the three years with his disciples.

As I mentioned earlier, God is Truth, with no beginning and no end. God is so infinitely awesome that He, and Truth, are inconceivable. To believe that all truth is in the bible scriptures is so limiting ones own faith and belief in God and Christ.

I am not asking you to believe anything I post, or anything that I think is a revelation. Actually it is your duty to test and discern for yourself. If you honestly cannot discern the truth, then either it is not true, or it is true but you cannot see or hear the truth.

Ego-fear always tries to veil the truth from exposing itself as an impostor. Where there is fear, there is a lack of faith. When you discern what is true or not, do so with faith (fearlessly believe) in Christ, so that you can unconditionally discern God's will (Truth) for you. The Holy Spirit does not speak on is own, but only what is told to say by Christ/God (Truth).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Where there is fear, there is a lack of faith.
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

I don't think St John could be accused of a lack of faith. I suggest his faith is far superior to ours. He witnessed Christ in all His splendour and glory.
I suspect the fear is inherent in the Adamic nature but not one to attempt to hide when Christ becomes the focus.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead.

The final sign of Adamic nature, dies.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

The perfect love of Christ placing His hand and saying do not be afraid drives out the fear from John. Christ is perfect love.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Firstly, John 17:17 does not mean 'never transgress the word'. But to sanctify (bless, support, approve) them (the disciples) by the truth, your word is truth.
You’re saying it is ok for a revelation to transgress the truth of the word?

The word sanctify itself is a correction,
Sanctify, To set apart for sacred use; consecrate.
Quote:
Do not today's disciples of Christ discern the truth via the Holy Spirit?
Already negated in post 19, you’re still refusing to accept the full meaning of v-16 in 2 Timothy. Of course this is understandable if you’re in the habit of giving personal preference over reason found in the word of God.
Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, God is Truth, with no beginning and no end. God is so infinitely awesome that He, and Truth, are inconceivable. To believe that all truth is in the bible scriptures is so limiting ones own faith and belief in God and Christ.
I don’t know of anyone here who would dispute His awesome attributes, but don’t change the meaning of the issue of “all”. But here we go. This again has the makings of disobedience found in the scriptures as we are not to argue over words. So please stay on course.

I did not infer that all truth is found in the Bible, no more than did 2 Timothy or any other reference you will ever find. Once more for the full text,
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”
(2 Timothy 3:16,17)
Quote:
, , it is true but you cannot see or hear the truth.
If it is true to you and the unwilling party doesn’t agree with it because it runs counter to areas in the word of God, we are to remain as, oh well? But now the time is up, you don’t support the sanctifying work that corrects our walk with Christ. You have in place a substitute called revelations from the Holy Spirit that may or may not fit the confines of scripture.

To “test the spirits” is what we find in scripture, we don’t then extract this for self-willed purposes of ambiguity that ends up ministering ‘questions’.

“Fear”? Yes, and love and everything God has apportioned for himself and the Church and are found in His word. Every last word is not thought of by me as destitute due to my fallen nature, thereby making it an improbable motive. We press on to the mark that signifies the approval of heaven and earth, lost and saved though “beast” I hear escaped and rose to stout opposition. That was then, this is now, I pray the “all” will remain intact for you as it should.

Last edited by pryz : 09-04-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]You’re saying it is ok for a revelation to transgress the truth of the word?...
Yes and no, depending of how you define 'transgress'.

In terms of go beyond the limits of (what is morally, socially, or legally acceptable)[Google Dictionary], I do not see how I done that by referring to Truth as being unconditional and corrective.
In terms of go beyond the limits... I refer to the word of God as Truth Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

While studying Scripture, with an open heart, and the word of God penetrates deeper into the Scripture, revealing more about what is written, am I to ignore that; to ignore the glorious awareness that is celebrated in my heartfelt praise for the Lord. I don't think so.

pryz, you are entitled to limit yourself, but I will not, in good conscience, ignore what is revealed to me while in prayer and meditation for God's will for me, and which feeds my love for Christ and God.

My faith in Christ the Son of God the Father of All, is all I have. Anything else is rubbish. Being considered unfaithful because of my unorthodox wording, or articulating truth beyond the limits of what is to be accepted by theologians of the Word, is so saddening to my heart.

As you said "But now the time is up, you don’t support the sanctifying work that corrects our walk with Christ."

Sorry to be a stumbling block to your walk with Christ.
I shall remove myself to clear your passage.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:46 PM

Lines continue to be drawn today, some putting on Christ Jesus, some, putting Jesus to an open shame.

Thanks to the many of the forum's finest, defining the title better than I could have!

Old 01-19-2020, 09:40 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Lines continue to be drawn today, some putting on Christ Jesus, some, putting Jesus to an open shame.

Thanks to the many of the forum's finest, defining the title better than I could have!
When a homosexual candidate for president thumps the Bible in public and then kisses another man in public afterwards, one wonders what has happened to the public's morals

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 01-20-2020, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
When a homosexual candidate for president thumps the Bible in public and then kisses another man in public afterwards, one wonders what has happened to the public's morals
True, an unquestionable erosion. So much so in his case, has single-handedly made my one-on-one coffee-hour conversations with him a detriment, lest he repent.