Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Prayer Requests  > Peripheral, 'Parchment' Resisting Spirit

Old 06-30-2019, 04:50 AM

Default Peripheral, 'Parchment' Resisting Spirit

Last week I set out to revisit what I generally understood as a conservative Lutheran assembly across town.

To report of the spirit concerning this Church appears to be less than favorable. A mere short four or five years ago this body resisted alignment with it's liberal and gay-affirming ELCA branch. Now, as congregant numbers suffer, as is also now evident the Apostolic tradition, to bear "the parchments" (2 Tim 4:13), I have the distinct feeling the number of gay-affirmation churches may be on the rise of those previously undeterred. You can see this appear after running a search of Gay Affirming Churches on the local level and see some of those well-known disobedient flocks to the community do not always appear whose only purpose is to continue to set the deceiving standard.

Make no mistake, the Lord is quite aware of this craft, we ask, looking into it further Lord, praying Your mighty ways available bind-up this wicked stronghold against the people and cast it into the pit reserved for such!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2019, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Peripheral, 'Parchment' Resisting Spirit

Concerning homosexual behavior among consenting adults, although I dont agree with it, I see it as no worse sin than the many others. But as to anyone who is caught up in it to the point of seeing "nothing" wrong with it, they should hold no office within the church.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:19 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Last week I set out to revisit what I generally understood as a conservative Lutheran assembly across town.

To report of the spirit concerning this Church appears to be less than favorable. A mere short four or five years ago this body resisted alignment with it's liberal and gay-affirming ELCA branch. Now, as congregant numbers suffer, as is also now evident the Apostolic tradition, to bear "the parchments" (2 Tim 4:13), I have the distinct feeling the number of gay-affirmation churches may be on the rise of those previously undeterred. You can see this appear after running a search of Gay Affirming Churches on the local level and see some of those well-known disobedient flocks to the community do not always appear whose only purpose is to continue to set the deceiving standard.

Make no mistake, the Lord is quite aware of this craft, we ask, looking into it further Lord, praying Your mighty ways available bind-up this wicked stronghold against the people and cast it into the pit reserved for such!

Its terrible. You may be shocked to hear me say this but the Catholic Church has the same problem

"How can that be when you believe Rome's teachings are infallible?" May I be so bold as to assume that is your question to me?

The answer is simple: Disobedience. We already know that, sadly, many Catholics are not faithful to the teachings of the Church for a variety of reasons. Long ago this disobedience seeped its way into parish committees and groups and so forth. I have been to Mass in some parishes where I saw things that shocked me. We also have groups that are outright bald faced heretics, such as Catholics for Choice . Why recent popes have not booted out the whole lot I have no idea. But on the local level I have an idea and it is the same one you mentioned: Suffering congregant numbers, which boils down to the almighty dollar.

Pope Paul VI once had a vision, and famously said, "The smoke of Satan has entered the vestibule."
Pope Paul VI said that when Pope John XXIII "opened the windows", his term for Vatican II liberalization, that the smoke of Satan entered the vestibule. Vatican II was hijacked by people wishing to do evil. There has been a battle ever since, especially at the parish level.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 07-06-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Its terrible. You may be shocked to hear me say this but the Catholic Church has the same problem

"How can that be when you believe Rome's teachings are infallible?" May I be so bold as to assume that is your question to me?

The answer is simple: Disobedience. We already know that, sadly, many Catholic are not faithful to the teachings of the Church for a variety of reasons. Long ago this seeped its way into parish committed and groups and so forth. I have been to Mass in some parishes where I saw things that shocked me. We also have groups that are outright bald faced heretics, such as Catholics for Choice . Why recent popes have not booted out the whole lot I have no idea. But on the local lever I have an idea and it is the same one you mentioned: Suffering congregant numbers, which boils down to the almighty dollar.

Pope Paul VI once had a vision, and famously said, "The smoke of Satan has entered the vestibule."
Pope Paul VI said that when Pope John XXIII "opened the windows", his term for Vatican II liberalization, that the smoke of Satan entered the vestibule. Vatican II was hijacked by people wishing to do evil. There has been a battle ever since, especially at the parish level.
As though the heart of man is about to repeat the same thing as did the children of Israel,
When the people saw that [Jesus] was so long in coming down from [heaven], they gathered around Aaron and said, “Come, make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow [Jesus] who brought us up out of [the slavery of sin], we don’t know what has happened to him.

(Exodus 32:1)

Old 07-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
As though the heart of man is about to repeat the same thing as did the children of Israel,
When the people saw that [Jesus] was so long in coming down from [heaven], they gathered around Aaron and said, “Come, make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow [Jesus] who brought us up out of [the slavery of sin], we don’t know what has happened to him.

(Exodus 32:1)

That is the story of man. Man is shown the glory of God, and then when he gets a little freedom he backslides and returns to evil.

Man seems to do well in times of strife and poorly in times of luxury.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II