Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Christian Forum Inc. > Official Forum Meetings  > Is Hell Eternal?

Old 05-04-2020, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Is Hell Eternal?

Food for thought...

For those who know the Bible as if it were the back of your hand...I say that not as sarcasm....count the number of times Jesus spoke about hell and the number of times he spoke of heaven.

Bottom line....he spoke more of hell than heaven. Don't you think from that observation we can conclude that Jesus had an emphasis for us to know that it exists? That if people chose not to follow his way of living that would be their ETERNAL placement?

It is by one's own choice that they enter the gates of hell....

Fortunately, Jesus has promised...even at the moment of death if a soul repents he/she will be given graces to avoid the alternative.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter10652 View Post
Food for thought...

For those who know the Bible as if it were the back of your hand...I say that not as sarcasm....count the number of times Jesus spoke about hell and the number of times he spoke of heaven.

Bottom line....he spoke more of hell than heaven. Don't you think from that observation we can conclude that Jesus had an emphasis for us to know that it exists? That if people chose not to follow his way of living that would be their ETERNAL placement?

It is by one's own choice that they enter the gates of hell....

Fortunately, Jesus has promised...even at the moment of death if a soul repents he/she will be given graces to avoid the alternative.

You are correct. Jesus spoke about hell more than anybody else did.

I think that the problem is that some people don't think hell is eternal. By that they mean, unlike heaven wHere you are there forever with God, if you go to hell your spirit gets extinguished and you no longer exist even spiritually and therefore you don't experience hell forever as you would heaven.

Anyway, that is the new-fangled belief by some folks.

I (and you I assume) believe that hell IS eternal just like heaven. Do you agree?

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 05-05-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-05-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
You are correct. Jesus spoke about hell more than anybody else did.

I think that the problem is that some people don't think hell is eternal. By that they mean, unlike heaven were you are there forever with God, if you go to hell your spirit gets extinguished and you no longer exist even spiritually and therefore you don't experience hell forever as you would heaven.

Anyway, that is the new-fangled belief by some folks.

I (and you I assume) believe that hell IS eternal just like heaven. Do you agree?
Absolutely...
Old 05-05-2020, 05:38 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter10652 View Post
Absolutely...
Yep. That is the traditional belief.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 05-10-2020, 12:02 AM

The kinds of torture in hell....from the diary of Saint Faustina:

The loss of God

Perpetual remorse of conscience

One's condition will never change

The fire that will penetrate the soul without destroying it, a terrible suffering since it is purely a spiritual fire...lite by God's anger

Continual darkness and a terrible suffacating smell... the devils and the damned see each other and all the evil, both of others and their own

The constant company of Satan

Horrible despair

Hatred of God, vile words, curses and blasphemies

These are the Tortures suffered by the damned all together, but that is not the end
of their sufferings
There are special Tortures destined for particular souls. These are the Tortures of the SENSES
Each soul undergoes terrible and indescribable sufferings related to the manner in which it has sinned
There are caverns and pits of Torture where one form of agony differs from another

Let the sinner know that he will be Tortured throughout all eternity, in those senses which he made use of to sin

Most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a hell
Old 05-10-2020, 12:18 AM

just a quick response to what I posted.....despair and perpetual remorse of conscience are what I consider to be 1st cousins. All of the above "characteristics" carry meaningful attributes....but one who has experienced, to a certain degree, both of those...the mental pain is excruciating. Thing is, it wasn't perpetual.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Knight of the Forum

Loss of God is a torture once we do not have him. Nobody can grasp that until it is too late.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:27 AM

Deleted advertisement in a foriegn language advertising some guy dressed in orange like a eastern monk.

Last edited by Soulheart3 : 05-27-2020 at 08:47 PM.