Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Ministers > Ministries/Outreach Discussion  > Dangerous Training To Deal With Demons

Old 11-13-2010, 09:49 AM

Exclamation Dangerous Training To Deal With Demons

Other than training Christians to stop hating and murdering, handling the manifestation of Satan is certainly one if not the most neglected aspects of the Christian ministry in most churches,especially Protestant churches.

Below you will read an interesting report of how one denomination is addressing the dangerous shortage of trained clergy to handle the increasing activity of Satan in these last days.

Although the article presents a complimentary view of the Catholic church,it does contain one piece of thoroughly alarming and outrageous piece of information which I will highlight in capitol letters.Priests are being trained to identify the Holy Spirit gift of "speaking in tongues" as evidence of the presence of demons. This act is totally within the definition of the one unforgivable sin that Jesus identified,attributing the work of the Holy Spirit as a work of Satan. TRULY DANGEROUS TRAINING!

CATHOLIC BISHOPS: More Exorcists Needed

By RACHEL ZOLL
AP Religion Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Citing a shortage of priests who can perform the rite, the nation's Roman Catholic bishops are holding a conference on how to conduct exorcisms.
The two-day training, which ends Saturday in Baltimore, is to outline the scriptural basis of evil, instruct clergy on evaluating whether a person is truly possessed, and review the prayers and rituals that comprise an exorcism. Among the speakers will be Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, archbishop of Galveston-Houston, Texas, and a priest-assistant to New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan.

"Learning the liturgical rite is not difficult," DiNardo said in a phone interview before the conference, which is open to clergy only. "The problem is the discernment that the exorcist needs before he would ever attempt the rite."
More than 50 bishops and 60 priests signed up to attend, according to Catholic News Service, which first reported the event. The conference was scheduled for just ahead of the fall meeting of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which starts Monday in Baltimore.

Despite strong interest in the training, skepticism about the rite persists within the American church. Organizers of the event are keenly aware of the ridicule that can accompany discussion of the subject. Exorcists in U.S. dioceses keep a very low profile. In 1999, the church updated the Rite of Exorcism, cautioning that "all must be done to avoid the perception that exorcism is magic or superstition."
The practice is much more accepted by Catholics in parts of Europe and elsewhere overseas. Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, the longtime private secretary of Pope John Paul II, revealed a few years after the pontiff's death that John Paul had performed an exorcism on a woman who was brought into the Vatican writhing and screaming in what Dziwisz said was a case of possession by the devil.
Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Ill., who organized the conference, said only a tiny number of U.S. priests have enough training and knowledge to perform an exorcism. Dioceses nationwide have been relying solely on these clergy, who have been overwhelmed with requests to evaluate claims. The Rev. James LeBar, who was the official exorcist of the Archdiocese of New York under the late Cardinal John O'Connor, had faced a similar level of demand, traveling the country in response to the many requests for his expertise.

The rite is performed only rarely. Neal Lozano, a Catholic writer and author of the book "Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance" about combatting evil spirits, said he knows an exorcist in the church who receives about 400 inquiries a year.

No one knows why more people seem to be seeking the rite. Paprocki said one reason could be the growing interest among Americans in exploring general spirituality, as opposed to participating in organized religion, which has led more people to dabble in the occult.
"They don't know exactly what they're getting into and when they have questions, they're turning to the church, to priests," said Paprocki, chairman of the bishops' committee on canonical affairs and church governance. "They wonder if some untoward activity is taking place in their life and want some help discerning that."

Many Catholic immigrants in the U.S. come from countries where exorcism is more common, although Paprocki said that was not a motivation for organizing the conference.
Exorcism has deep roots in Christianity. The New Testament contains several examples of Jesus casting out evil spirits from people, and the church notes these acts in the Catholic Catechism. Whether or not individual Catholics realize it, each of them undergoes what the church calls a minor exorcism at baptism that includes prayers renouncing Satan and seeking freedom from original sin.

A major exorcism can only be performed by a priest with the permission of his bishop after a thorough evaluation, including consulting with physicians or psychiatrists to rule out any psychological or physical illness behind the person's behavior.

Signs of demonic possession accepted by the church include violent reaction to holy water or anything holy,SPEAKING IN A LANGUAGE THE PERSON DOESN'T KNOW and abnormal displays of strength.

The full exorcism is held in private and includes sprinkling holy water, reciting Psalms, reading aloud from the Gospel, laying on of hands and reciting the Lord's Prayer. Some adaptations are allowed for different circumstances. The exorcist can invoke the Holy Spirit and trace the sign of the cross on the person's forehead and command the devil to leave.

The training comes at a time when many American bishops and priests are trying to correct what they view as a lack of emphasis on the Catholic teaching about sin and evil after the Second Vatican Council, the series of meetings in the 1960s that enacted modernizing reforms in the church. Many in the American hierarchy, as well as Pope Benedict XVI, believe that the supernatural aspect of the church was lost in the changes, reducing it to just another institution in the world.

A renewed focus on exorcism highlights the divine element of the church and underscores the belief that evil is real.
"For the longest time, we in the United States may not have been as much attuned to some of the spiritual aspects of evil because we have become so much attached to what would be either physical or psychological explanation for certain phenomena," DiNardo said. "We may have forgotten that there is a spiritual dimension to people."

The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Dangerous Training To Deal With Demons

I would like to offer a story.

The setting: I lived, moved away for a spell and then came back to my mill house in North Carolina. It is in a neighborhood which was established by the Mill at the turn of the century so the houses are simple and all are 12 ft off of the street and close together.

This was about 4 years ago...
There had been a woman staying at Glen's house (a neighbor two houses down and across the street) and she seemed disturbed. She asked me one time if I could turn off her car lights and then another time if I could put the key in the ignition-like she did not know how to do it)
She scared the children because of her behavior though she did not hurt anyone.

I was sleeping and my room was in the front of the house. I had had a streetlight placed at the corner of my ye=ard so it isn't so dark out front. About 2:00 the phone rang and a voice like a man's voice asked if this was the police and I said no. The man then told me he had wanted to report a D.W.I. which was odd since I had not heard that term since the 70's. The man was very polite and friendly and not distressed at all so I thought how strange it was to be so calm while calling a number you think is the police. (my no. was not even close to the police no.)

I returned to my room and crawled back under the covers. One of my dogs started growling. Rahcel did not always sleep next to me but tonight she did. When Rachel would growl it would mean someone was talking outside in the street but if they were in the yard she would bark. I got back up and went to the front door and peeked out. I heard a man in a gruff voice saying,"Hold her up, hold her up! She's falling down." Then a woman cried out, "He's stabbing me, he's stabbing me!". I didn't see but one person but told my husband to call the police. I kept looking at saw it was at a neighbor's house, Glen. Even before the police arrived I understood that it was demons who were stabbing this woman. Not her body but her soul. It was strange, right? Well the police come and talked to her and she explained in a normal voice that she and her boyfriend had a fight which was why she was sitting on the porch smoking a cigerette.
The police left and then I could hear the gruff voice cussing and berating her. I began to pray and I prayed the demons be bound until such time as they be cast out and they be gagged and not manifest and to not return to her.
When I finished the woman walked toward my house in a sort of robotic manner and before she got to where my light was I had said aloud, "I know a name by which all knees must bow" as I was angry at what satan had done to this woman. The woman then bowed over under the street light and then straightened up and wnet back to Glen's porch.

The Lord told me that He wanted me to remember should I be tempted to rationalize this away that it was NOT mental illness but demonic possession.
The other thing the Lord told me was that even after the demons are bound a person may exhibit behaviors but that they are habits which will fall away in time.
update: Two weeks ago two of my grandkids and I volunteered at our local soup kitchen and we saw this woman there. She too was a volunteer and I did not recognize her at first but my grandkids knew her right off. She had participated in the devotional discussion that morning and seemed very normal and peaceful. I believe it was God showing the girls how He had saved her and brought her out of captivity. She did not recognize us but I would think she wouldn't remember us since she had been gone from our sight for 4 years. She left the neighborhood shortly after that night I had been woken up to pray for her.
I prayed as God told me to because God gives specific instruction as I have said already. God used other laborers to help her in different points as the word says, some plant, some water...
I do not do deliverance as some do because I can only do as God shows me.
As many people know, demons or evil spirits HATE to be alone and unable to chatter with one another and they draw power from the unholy alliance which is where they gather together in a neighborhood, family, town, school, etc...But we can pray against those alliances and cut them off. Praise God.

Also if God does not send you then it is not a good thing. We may want someone's freedom but to get ahead of God is really bad. Think sons of Sceva...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Dwaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrank View Post
Other than training Christians to stop hating and murdering, handling the manifestation of Satan is certainly one if not the most neglected aspects of the Christian ministry in most churches,especially Protestant churches.

Below you will read an interesting report of how one denomination is addressing the dangerous shortage of trained clergy to handle the increasing activity of Satan in these last days.

Although the article presents a complimentary view of the Catholic church,it does contain one piece of thoroughly alarming and outrageous piece of information which I will highlight in capitol letters.Priests are being trained to identify the Holy Spirit gift of "speaking in tongues" as evidence of the presence of demons. This act is totally within the definition of the one unforgivable sin that Jesus identified,attributing the work of the Holy Spirit as a work of Satan. TRULY DANGEROUS TRAINING!

CATHOLIC BISHOPS: More Exorcists Needed

By RACHEL ZOLL
AP Religion Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Citing a shortage of priests who can perform the rite, the nation's Roman Catholic bishops are holding a conference on how to conduct exorcisms.
The two-day training, which ends Saturday in Baltimore, is to outline the scriptural basis of evil, instruct clergy on evaluating whether a person is truly possessed, and review the prayers and rituals that comprise an exorcism. Among the speakers will be Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, archbishop of Galveston-Houston, Texas, and a priest-assistant to New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan.

"Learning the liturgical rite is not difficult," DiNardo said in a phone interview before the conference, which is open to clergy only. "The problem is the discernment that the exorcist needs before he would ever attempt the rite."
More than 50 bishops and 60 priests signed up to attend, according to Catholic News Service, which first reported the event. The conference was scheduled for just ahead of the fall meeting of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which starts Monday in Baltimore.

Despite strong interest in the training, skepticism about the rite persists within the American church. Organizers of the event are keenly aware of the ridicule that can accompany discussion of the subject. Exorcists in U.S. dioceses keep a very low profile. In 1999, the church updated the Rite of Exorcism, cautioning that "all must be done to avoid the perception that exorcism is magic or superstition."
The practice is much more accepted by Catholics in parts of Europe and elsewhere overseas. Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, the longtime private secretary of Pope John Paul II, revealed a few years after the pontiff's death that John Paul had performed an exorcism on a woman who was brought into the Vatican writhing and screaming in what Dziwisz said was a case of possession by the devil.
Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Ill., who organized the conference, said only a tiny number of U.S. priests have enough training and knowledge to perform an exorcism. Dioceses nationwide have been relying solely on these clergy, who have been overwhelmed with requests to evaluate claims. The Rev. James LeBar, who was the official exorcist of the Archdiocese of New York under the late Cardinal John O'Connor, had faced a similar level of demand, traveling the country in response to the many requests for his expertise.

The rite is performed only rarely. Neal Lozano, a Catholic writer and author of the book "Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance" about combatting evil spirits, said he knows an exorcist in the church who receives about 400 inquiries a year.

No one knows why more people seem to be seeking the rite. Paprocki said one reason could be the growing interest among Americans in exploring general spirituality, as opposed to participating in organized religion, which has led more people to dabble in the occult.
"They don't know exactly what they're getting into and when they have questions, they're turning to the church, to priests," said Paprocki, chairman of the bishops' committee on canonical affairs and church governance. "They wonder if some untoward activity is taking place in their life and want some help discerning that."

Many Catholic immigrants in the U.S. come from countries where exorcism is more common, although Paprocki said that was not a motivation for organizing the conference.
Exorcism has deep roots in Christianity. The New Testament contains several examples of Jesus casting out evil spirits from people, and the church notes these acts in the Catholic Catechism. Whether or not individual Catholics realize it, each of them undergoes what the church calls a minor exorcism at baptism that includes prayers renouncing Satan and seeking freedom from original sin.

A major exorcism can only be performed by a priest with the permission of his bishop after a thorough evaluation, including consulting with physicians or psychiatrists to rule out any psychological or physical illness behind the person's behavior.

Signs of demonic possession accepted by the church include violent reaction to holy water or anything holy,SPEAKING IN A LANGUAGE THE PERSON DOESN'T KNOW and abnormal displays of strength.

The full exorcism is held in private and includes sprinkling holy water, reciting Psalms, reading aloud from the Gospel, laying on of hands and reciting the Lord's Prayer. Some adaptations are allowed for different circumstances. The exorcist can invoke the Holy Spirit and trace the sign of the cross on the person's forehead and command the devil to leave.

The training comes at a time when many American bishops and priests are trying to correct what they view as a lack of emphasis on the Catholic teaching about sin and evil after the Second Vatican Council, the series of meetings in the 1960s that enacted modernizing reforms in the church. Many in the American hierarchy, as well as Pope Benedict XVI, believe that the supernatural aspect of the church was lost in the changes, reducing it to just another institution in the world.

A renewed focus on exorcism highlights the divine element of the church and underscores the belief that evil is real.
"For the longest time, we in the United States may not have been as much attuned to some of the spiritual aspects of evil because we have become so much attached to what would be either physical or psychological explanation for certain phenomena," DiNardo said. "We may have forgotten that there is a spiritual dimension to people."
Mr.frank I do not think you are in a position to dispute with the catholic clergy concerning demonic possesion.An area in which they have alot of experience with.As you have noted speaking in tongues is not the only criteria used as evidence of demonic possesion,You are making a mountain out of a molehill.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 AM

It is common for people to be demonized and they could be anywhere. We have masked it with explanations and labels which removes us from having to deal with deliverance and the exorcisms with which we are familiar are usually hyped by Hollywood and may or may not contain accurate information.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 PM

i need to know where i can find a real exorcist my mother in law my sister in law me and a few others all believe that my husband is possessed and i need to know what to do i am at a loss right now so any advice is greatly appreciated
Old 03-21-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistypowers53 View Post
i need to know where i can find a real exorcist my mother in law my sister in law me and a few others all believe that my husband is possessed and i need to know what to do i am at a loss right now so any advice is greatly appreciated
You can pray. You can ask others who have experience to pray. The war is fought in the spirit realm, right? Having others pray on his behalf for his freedom is imperative and then as you begin to pray God can and will show you specific things to do and pray. Do you understand Matthew 12:29?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistypowers53 View Post
You can contact the office of the Archbishop of Atlanta.

Does he want help? Your first priority should be to the safety of the people around him so they don't get injured. If not, there's much you can do about it except try to stay safe yourself. If he doesn't want help, you're wasting your time and energy. Sometimes the intention of people on self-destruct is to drag others with them.

Is he on drugs? You don't provide many details; but I suggest a call to the archdiocese.

Last edited by Giuliano : 03-21-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Prayer Warrior & Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
You can pray. You can ask others who have experience to pray. The war is fought in the spirit realm, right? Having others pray on his behalf for his freedom is imperative and then as you begin to pray God can and will show you specific things to do and pray. Do you understand Matthew 12:29?
You go!! You bring wisdom and understanding to this forum.