Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Announcements > Important Messages from Moderator  > Help Me Keep This Website Alive

Old 09-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Default Help Me Keep This Website Alive

Hello all,

This community has been around for a long time... it's seen good days and bad days (great discussions and horrible attacks). With very little money and technical support, it has amazingly survived these many years. However, it's reaching a breaking point.... the old server is on the verge of crashing and there are numerous technical issues that need to be debugged ASAP.

With all the horrible things on the internet these days, I think it would be a shame to lose this online community. I really want to keep this Christian community alive.... moreover, I want to advertise to attract more members and push again for the original forum members to participate (and inform their churches, expand, etc).

Realistically, before I can do these things, I have to address technical issues that have occurred over the years (the website is old and has been neglected). We need to move it to a new server and then start the task of debugging/updating. Only after it's fixed properly can I push to expand.

In short, I don't have any money to do this...I can donate my time but I need help to make this work. Therefore, I created a gofundme page to accept donations. Please, if you feel this website is worth saving (and if you are able), take a minute and donate to us.

Here's the link for the page:

https://www.gofundme.com/christian-w..._co_campmgmt_w

Thank you and God bless!

*I'll send a site-wide email saying the same thing.

**In the meantime, please save important content as the website may go down (during a server switch) and not sure I can get it back up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Help Me Keep This Website Alive

Mark, I'm so sorry it's come to this. It was such a great site.

Maybe I'll have some farewell comments in due course. In fact I am sure I will. But for now - all I can say is that you gave it a great shot and your efforts over the years have been appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Knight of the Forum

There is a cheap option: There are numerous free forum sites, and you could export everybody to one. Obviously it would not be near as nice as this site, but its an option if all else fails. >> https://www.proboards.com/

I am happy to contribute, but I fear the mere pittance I can afford would do no good. But I will contribute if you think the site will stay alive. If it does then you might also consider scaling it back. There tons of stuff at this site that nobody uses.

I shared it on Facebook too:
https://www.gofundme.com/christian-w..._co_campmgmt_w

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 09-03-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words... when I transferred the site over to the new server, many errors occurred.., I have to outsource for help. If I can get those errors fixed relatively cheap, then the site will live on to fight another day...
Old 09-04-2018, 08:16 AM
Administrator

**ha - there's an issue with the news letter script (so currently can't send site wide emails).... hard to get the word out with that down.... will try to work around that later.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:24 PM

I'm reading this today for the first time and apologize for delay in response. First to express my deep appreciation for all you've done to maintain this site. Next to admit that I haven't enough money to make a small dent in $50k; I'm wondering if $1-200 can make any difference? I wonder if you have considered something like the way the Christian Defenders forum has affiliated with Ave Maria Radio to stay alive?
Attacks from atheists are appalling and will surely continue until legislation is passed to identify and prosecute them with significant fines and incarceration, which I think we should all advocate and support. Is it possible you can find a group, perhaps in law enforcement, to help keep this site open and identify attackers?
I encourage you to use the site as long as you can, and I repeat my longstanding suggestion to move atheist attacks and other posts to a separate area where they can be easily identified. At present, I think many visitors are offended by rampant atheism, heresy, and outspoken agnosticism, and they don't return.
Also, I fully agree with Terry that many unused features should be deleted both here and in the gofundme application unless you truly hope to continue them, especially the ministerial communication references as well as groups and chat, which are misleading, albeit not deliberately so. Best wishes, good luck, we keep you in our prayers.
Why does it say I can't post new threads?
Old 09-16-2018, 03:34 PM

I can't give money right now but I can offer a forum to you mark. It's a free one and I had it for eons (well a log time any way ) your welcome to it. It's inactive but I kept it for some reason.
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:25 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
I can't give money right now but I can offer a forum to you mark. It's a free one and I had it for eons (well a log time any way ) your welcome to it. It's inactive but I kept it for some reason.
I just took this abandoned site over: True2Ourselves

I changed the theme and the artwork, and its FREE. It just needs some work

Tell me if you want me to delete that stuff.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 09-16-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:08 PM

CC-the new T2 has a message from Scarletuser.com that is worrisome. Do you think it is ok? I was hoping to see you in there with a message of some sort.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:09 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
CC-the new T2 has a message from Scarletuser.com that is worrisome. Do you think it is ok? I was hoping to see you in there with a message of some sort.
I just now took over the site. Everything there is years old. If we use it I will wipe everything out.

« Vacation | - »