Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Health  > Is Christian Healing increasing?

Old 02-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Default Is Christian Healing increasing?

A 1976 book, Healing and Christianity, by Morton Kelsey, a Protestant pastor and professor at Notre Dame Univ. seems quite vague on whether our Faith in the Power of Healing has rebounded from severe doubts in the Dark Ages and then again in modernism, materialism, and scientism. He tells of studies of healing by many major Protestant Churches in the 1960s, but curiously says he doesn't need to give statistics because there are dozens of books that do so. I attended a wonderful healing service recently, and ask others to comment on your experiences and hope. I ask CC to comment on recent changes in the Catholic Sacrament of Healing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2020, 01:49 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Is Christian Healing increasing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
A 1976 book, Healing and Christianity, by Morton Kelsey, a Protestant pastor and professor at Notre Dame Univ. seems quite vague on whether our Faith in the Power of Healing has rebounded from severe doubts in the Dark Ages and then again in modernism, materialism, and scientism. He tells of studies of healing by many major Protestant Churches in the 1960s, but curiously says he doesn't need to give statistics because there are dozens of books that do so. I attended a wonderful healing service recently, and ask others to comment on your experiences and hope. I ask CC to comment on recent changes in the Catholic Sacrament of Healing.
Before I could answer is Christian healing increasing, I have to ask myself do I believe in healing. When it comes to healing what kind are we talking about ? simple or more complicated healing ? I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2007 after or about the same time with tumor on my pituitary gland .

My brain surgery for my tumor went well but my Parkinson's is slowly getting worse. So now 2020, I have been praying for my Parkinson's but receiving healing in my spiritual maturity. Dealing with Parkinson's also teach me with compassion and sympathy for others with similar disability.

God is our healer and His diagnose on us could be different with what we think is wrong with us. I knew of others who were prayed for but God called them home. There are some who believe that the gift of healing has ceased. There are also many healings being reported happening in the mission fields.

If one reads the Bible one will see that Jesus did not perform healing on others because of unbelief. There is also a case of Apostle Paul where his prayer for a sickness of his was not granted.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I don't think so, there is to much skepticism, but I am not sure if that is the right word.
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:24 PM

In the Kelsey book, he says (p 6) a large western hospital announced a meeting to discuss spiritual healing. 80% of the doctors attended, but only 30% of the clergy chaplains. Could this be good news that doctors were interested, or opposed? And I wonder what kept the chaplains away? Strangely, sadly, Kelsey didn't comment much except to say that "in most Protestant churches (I doubt he could verify most, but many is probably accurate) there is actual hostility (surprising word) to the practice of religious healing."
Old 02-12-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
In the Kelsey book, he says (p 6) a large western hospital announced a meeting to discuss spiritual healing. 80% of the doctors attended, but only 30% of the clergy chaplains. Could this be good news that doctors were interested, or opposed? And I wonder what kept the chaplains away? Strangely, sadly, Kelsey didn't comment much except to say that "in most Protestant churches (I doubt he could verify most, but many is probably accurate) there is actual hostility (surprising word) to the practice of religious healing."
I don't doubt there is hostility, many low Protestants/Evangelicals are cessationist and believe most miracles and such ended with the Bible. There are some but not many. Now my Church do believe in miracles and my Priest told us about a lady who was completely healed of MS when she took the Holy Eucharist and the Canon (retried Priest) told about going to Africa and witnessing many miracles including resurrections. I know Catholics and Orthodox believe in miracles. In America we are just to resistant to miracles
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:35 PM

I have seen the magnificent Basilica of the Oratory in Montreal, Canada, with its huge hall of thousands of crutches, wheelchairs, and other medical devices left behind by believers
who perceived themselves to have been healed. It is a fairly short trip for anyone in New England, and I strongly recommend it.