Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Health  > Legislation in Virginia to Elimimate Preexisting Conditions

Old 01-31-2019, 04:17 PM

Default Legislation in Virginia to Elimimate Preexisting Conditions

There is legislation now before our state legislature incorporated in H.B. 2771, Medicare Supplement Policies; switching plans, that would eliminate the stipulation that when a person wants to switch to another plan during the enrollment period that he or she cannot be denied coverage for a preexisting condition. What a blessing this will be for many elderly Virginians who want to switch to another cheaper plan but canít because of preexisting conditions. I just contacted my legislators both in the House of Delegate and Senate to pass this much needed and long overdue legislation.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-31-2019, 06:44 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Legislation in Virginia to Elimimate Preexisting Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist12 View Post
There is legislation now before our state legislature incorporated in H.B. 2771, Medicare Supplement Policies; switching plans, that would eliminate the stipulation that when a person wants to switch to another plan during the enrollment period that he or she cannot be denied coverage for a preexisting condition. What a blessing this will be for many elderly Virginians who want to switch to another cheaper plan but can’t because of preexisting conditions. I just contacted my legislators both in the House of Delegate and Senate to pass this much needed and long overdue legislation.
With respect, I don't think you understand what insurance is or means. Insurance is meant to be coverage in case something happens to you, just like car insurance is there in case I get into a wreck. Insurance does not cover a wreck that has already happened though, right? I cannot go to a car insurance company and say, "I was in a wreck. I need to buy insurance now, and then I want you to fix my car."

Medical Insurance insures against future illnesses or accidents.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 02-03-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-03-2019, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Legislation in Virginia to Elimimate Preexisting Conditions

Unfortunately, the legislator who introduced the legislation contacted me and said it did not get out of committee and will have to be re-introduced in next year's session of the legislator. Regardless it is a real downer for those on limited incomes