Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Health  > You know you're growing old when...

Old 07-07-2015, 06:09 PM

Default You know you're growing old when...

I misplace my eyeglasses so often. But i need it not just on the desk, but in the kitchen too when reading package instructions, our outside when i type on a mobile phone. Wish i didnt, but even lost another pair recently which should have been a help so i dont carry it here and there=(.
I see many others just blessing others in spite of the grey hairs abounding.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:42 AM

Default Re: You know you're growing old when...

Ha-ha, yet frustrating at times I know. The two women in my life (separate generations) who have an ongoing quest to keep eye wear near deal with this on a regular bases, saying some form of:

ē I donít have
ē I canít find
ē I donít want to look (again)

I donít know why, but speaking for myself, I will make a separate trip to set them down somewhere, rather than where I set. I'm not saying that is what you are experiencing, maybe something quite different.

God bless!

Mike.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2015, 05:28 PM

I dont have that problem (55 here), but my hearing and eyesight have gotten worse and my short term memory is faulty as well. I am a creature of habit and tend to always put stuff in the same place. Now my wife is always losing things, her glasses, her keys, or her cell phone. I often hear her say she has lost one of them, and my typical reply is, "I hid them really good." which she knows is me joking, but she usually finds them shortly after I say that.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
I dont have that problem (55 here), but my hearing and eyesight have gotten worse and my short term memory is faulty as well. I am a creature of habit and tend to always put stuff in the same place. Now my wife is always losing things, her glasses, her keys, or her cell phone. I often hear her say she has lost one of them, and my typical reply is, "I hid them really good." which she knows is me joking, but she usually finds them shortly after I say that.
Thanks Pryz. Also SH... sure people a creature of habit. So when uve been habitually leaving them in 3 or 4 places that's where u usually put them. But they still get lost!
Btw, i also know we're growing old as there are more grey hairs. I didnt use to mind and do not care for the hair dyes-- but oh, the greys are real.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:05 AM

Grey or white hair is a badge of honor. We have shown enough wisdom to make it to that point in life.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:58 AM

There was some posts i saw elsewhere on this, but only now i came across this. may interest some here:
https://starsimplified.wordpress.com...ng-older-when/

You know you’re getting older when:

1. You find yourself beginning to like accordion music.

2. You’re sitting on a park bench and a Boy Scout comes up and helps you cross your legs.

3. Lawn care has become a big highlight of your life.

4. Your underwear starts creeping up on you … and you enjoy it.

5. You tune into the easy listening station on purpose.

6. You take notes during commercials for laxatives and motorized wheelchairs.

7. When you light the candles on your birthday cake, people form circles and sing “Kumbaya.”

8. Someone compliments you on your layered look … and you’re wearing a bikini.

9. You keep repeating yourself...
Old 02-28-2016, 12:42 AM

...when you have forgtten there was a thread like this here.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:43 AM

while you can't find your glasses you won't know your getting greyer.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari View Post
I misplace my eyeglasses so often. But i need it not just on the desk, but in the kitchen too when reading package instructions, our outside when i type on a mobile phone. Wish i didnt, but even lost another pair recently which should have been a help so i dont carry it here and there=(.
I see many others just blessing others in spite of the grey hairs abounding.
I know the feeling.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 02-29-2016, 04:00 PM

You know you are growing old when you try to stand up, after sitting for a while, and you can feel the rigor mortis setting in.