Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > True2ourselves.com Help > General Questions  > Atheists

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Atheists

The mission statement of this forum states:

Our Mission StatementTo encourage candid communication among people of good faith everywhere who seek the truth. Our objective is to promote true unity among the world wide community of faith. It is not our objective to create "artificial unity" or unity for its own sake. This website rests on the premise that if we are true2ourselves, the bonding experience of our ministers will surely become our own! We will then continue our march together towards God's glory where all believers will eventually be one!

Are atheists "people of good faith"? And if not, why are they allowed to critique people of faith here?

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Representative Clergy

Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
The mission statement of this forum states:

Our Mission StatementTo encourage candid communication among people of good faith everywhere who seek the truth. Our objective is to promote true unity among the world wide community of faith. It is not our objective to create "artificial unity" or unity for its own sake. This website rests on the premise that if we are true2ourselves, the bonding experience of our ministers will surely become our own! We will then continue our march together towards God's glory where all believers will eventually be one!

Are atheists "people of good faith"? And if not, why are they allowed to critique people of faith here?
Open for review. I will have contact with Mark and Olsen about the matter.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Administrator

I don't know if it would be good practice to close the doors completely to non-believers... as long as they are respectful (and don't actively "promote" their belief as truth), then I don't see the problem. Brad, for example, is typically very respectful and at times, he keeps things interesting - I would hate to be so rigid that we would have to kick him out.

Until it becomes a bigger issue, we'll hold off on actively banning non-believers.

That said, non-believers beware - you must be extra mindful when posting sensitive subject matter.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Representative Clergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I don't know if it would be good practice to close the doors completely to non-believers... as long as they are respectful (and don't actively "promote" their belief as truth), then I don't see the problem. Brad, for example, is typically very respectful and at times, he keeps things interesting - I would hate to be so rigid that we would have to kick him out.

Until it becomes a bigger issue, we'll hold off on actively banning non-believers.

That said, non-believers beware - you must be extra mindful when posting sensitive subject matter.
Thanks Mark. I agree. Although not the primary purpose of the forum, outreach to unbelievers is a mission of Christianity, and is the duty of each. Even as an unbeliever, he was created in the image of God and we wish to see that image restored in the grace of the Lord. We must also be willing to give an answer and reason for the hope that is in us.

That said, it is a Christian forum and the faith of Christians will not be permitted to be diminished by anyone, as is already a rule of the forum.

Since Atheist Brad is the point of conversation here, I will say that he has NEVER ignored nor failed to conform with a moderation reprimand, whether seen or unseen by the forum. That is a big deal for anyone in a moderational position.

Can anyone say that Brad or any other atheist is not one of the flock that has not yet turned to the Lord but is called by Him and will hear his voice at some point in the future? I will gladly give up my seat and go lower to make room for them if they would only knock that the door may be opened.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Knight of the Forum

Certainly not a moderator, but I have had a similar post made about myself so I feel entitled to comment.

I think it's interesting, Brad is usually considerate and respectful of other people and their beliefs. I don't recall him naming anyone a heretic, blasphemer, telling them to go read their Bible, referring to someone else's posts as vile lies, or in any other way acting like a condescending, arrogant ****hard who's beliefs are indisputable facts and anyone who doesn't share them is at best foolishly wrong.

Quote:
Yet in the past few weeks more and more, and in the last few days a vast majority, of threads involve derogatory name calling, finger pointing, holier than thou declarations and condensations from people who name themselves Christians implying that they are followers of Christ, yet are recently showing little sign of the love, compassion and charity that mark His life and mission.

But Brad being here is an issue open for discussion between the powers that be? This, is what Ghandi was talking about when he said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians." Faith, Hope, Love, Charity, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, Diligence, Obedience...any of those ring any bells?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Hi xenic101

If you come across a post that is offensive, simply report it so we can review it... that's usually the only way we'll be aware of it.

This thread is closed now.
Closed Thread