Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Is the term Mother of God same as mother of God ?

Old 12-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Representative Clergy

Default Re: Is the term Mother of God same as mother of God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
I do not believe there is a verse of Scripture where Mary is (Called, Identified or Ascribed ) with it title of "Mother of God".
How about "Mother of the Lord"?

Quote:
Why must there always be some sort of Addendum to the things found within the pages of Scripture (Bible)
Because the Book of Acts has an ellipsis, and because Scripture itself says to keep the tradition whether by word or by scripture.

Quote:
There have been a number of times, where verses have been put Forward, stating the Bible (Should not be added to, or subtracted from) isn't this the case which is in question at this Moment?

There are enough things which do reside within the pages of the Bible which both Protestant and Catholic can agree, why is it needful to constantly advance questions which gender strife bringing into question those things which cause division.
I don't think it is causing division at all. Ped and I understand each other much better from this discussion.

Quote:
I see a lot of times, when things like Bill down the road, or President Obama are brought into the mix.
We are not to compare Spiritual things with Earthly things,
Right, whether we use a capital in English is an earthly thing, and so I was comparing earthly things with earthly things.

Quote:
Sticking with what Scripture says and not some ones interpretation of what it says, is the safest way to go, that is where the Holy Spirit can then lead
So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” (Acts 8.30-31)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” (Acts 8.30-31)
That's a great passage!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Is the title or term Mother of God same as mother of God ? Can they be used interchageably ?

ped
That term is actually a translation of "Theotokos" which actually means "God-bearer".

Traditionally, to "father" is to "originate", and to "mother" is to "bear", Hence we say things like "She bore a child."

So in calling Mary "Theotokos" we are saying that Mary bore God in her womb, because Jesus is God.

This term has more to do with the divinity of Christ than it has to do with Mary.

Quote:
I do not believe there is a verse of Scripture where Mary is (Called, Identified or Ascribed ) with it title of "Mother of God".
I believe I have just asnwered that. The Bible teaches that Jesus is God and that Mary bore him in her womb. Case closed.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 12-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
If GOD is God, The Holy Spirit is God, and Jesus is God, and it is said that Mary is the Mother of God, does the word INCEST enter the conversation at some point when the term Mother of God is used, because God Impregnated Mary, which is HIS Mother...........
No, because she bore the "Son", the second person of the Trinity, but it was the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who had originally overshadowed her. I am sure that Father Linsinbigler can probably give a better answer though.

Quote:
Then lets just glorify Jesus, rather than attempting to lift Mary to an equal status.
Ah yes, Ye Old straw man. Nobody is lifting Mary to an equal status as Jesus. Stick with the facts please.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 12-30-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
If GOD is God, The Holy Spirit is God, and Jesus is God, and it is said that Mary is the Mother of God, does the word INCEST enter the conversation at some point when the term Mother of God is used, because God Impregnated Mary, which is HIS Mother.
That is a blasphemous question.

Quote:
Then lets just glorify Jesus, rather than attempting to lift Mary to an equal status.
Nobody is trying to lift Mary to be equal to God. That is your strawman which makes it easier to attack than dealing with the Truth about Mary and her REAL DIGNITY as Mother of the Second Person of the Holy Trinity.

"... There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him." (Pope Benedict XVI) [Homily of His Holiness, Sunday, April 24th 2005]

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

When Jesus, the Living Bread, says IS He means IS.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
If GOD is God, The Holy Spirit is God, and Jesus is God, and it is said that Mary is the Mother of God, does the word INCEST enter the conversation at some point when the term Mother of God is used, because God Impregnated Mary, which is HIS Mother.

Be Blessed
JIM
Sorry to say but in all the years I have come to this site, this would have to be the worst responding post (seemingly cleverly constructed) I have seen for presenting a perspective. And to one of, if not the most knowledgeable and esteemed persons, Reverend Linsinbigler.
He may know otherwise.

What has become of you Jim?
Be Blessed!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Sorry to say but in all the years I have come to this site, this would have to be the worst responding post (seemingly cleverly constructed) I have seen for presenting a perspective.........
I don't know if its the "worst", but it sure ranks pretty low.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I don't know if its the "worst", but it sure ranks pretty low.
Sure there are the whackos but I have never considered Jim to be a whacko.
I still would never but has he had a moment or something?
Does he really see the Trinity concept from that perspective?

Why present it like that to Reverend Linsinbigler?
Old 12-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Sure there are the whackos but I have never considered Jim to be a whacko.
I still would never but has he had a moment or something?
Does he really see the Trinity concept from that perspective?

Why present it like that to Reverend Linsinbigler?
Well, I think I had better reserve my opinion due to my recent behavior with other members.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:23 AM
Knight of the Forum