Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > What Catholics and Protestants can do together.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default What Catholics and Protestants can do together.

What Catholics and Protestants can do together.

This morning something came to mind about what Catholics and Protestants can do together without giving in to the other side but I believe it still pleases God and blesses the doer. I would like to tell them now but the suspense will be lost. But before I tell it , I would like the readers to think about it or anything that Catholics and Protestants can do together .

So share your thoughts and I will share mine later perhaps today or tomorrow.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:49 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: What Catholics and Protestants can do together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post

This morning something came to mind about what Catholics and Protestants can do together without giving in to the other side but I believe it still pleases God and blesses the doer. I would like to tell them now but the suspense will be lost. But before I tell it , I would like the readers to think about it or anything that Catholics and Protestants can do together .

ped
As promised here is my suggestion, Catholics and Protestants can do something together. We all can read the book of Psalms, one Psalm a day at least. Everyone can still do what they used to do (hopefully good ones). We still have a choice of which Psalm to read, but read at least one Psalm a day.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:

ped
They can breathe which should be pleasing to God as long as there is no grieving of the Holy Spirit with any other actions they may do.

They could even stop breathing which would probably achieve more in spirit but wouldn't get much done in the flesh.

And then there is the reality of recognition of the two as one which should ultimately be what Catholics and Protestants can do/be together.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:08 PM

Worship of Jesus should be done by both.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Suspended for Review

They could go on retreat to a Trappist monastery.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
They can breathe which should be pleasing to God as long as there is no grieving of the Holy Spirit with any other actions they may do.

They could even stop breathing which would probably achieve more in spirit but wouldn't get much done in the flesh.

And then there is the reality of recognition of the two as one which should ultimately be what Catholics and Protestants can do/be together.
Alan,

You seem to be mystical.

ped
Old 12-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkthompson View Post
Worship of Jesus should be done by both.
Amen. By Jesus we mean Jesus of Nazareth, the Jesus of the Bible.

ped
Old 12-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
They could go on retreat to a Trappist monastery.
Have not heard them before. Quick look in the internet showed this that aside from their practices, to support their monastery they make cheese , bread, etc. and beer, beer ?

ped
Old 12-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Have not heard them before. Quick look in the internet showed this that aside from their practices, to support their monastery they make cheese , bread, etc. and beer, beer ?

ped
They don't talk very much. Maybe people would get along better if they did more things together and talked less about their disagreements.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
They don't talk very much. Maybe people would get along better if they did more things together and talked less about their disagreements.
Yes, that is what the internet tells about the Trappist, that they don't talk much. The rest of your statement makes sense, but can we do that ? My suggestion to read the Psalms, one Psalm a day. looks inviting, don't you think ?

ped