Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Mary the mother of God

Old 06-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Mary the mother of God

I just read this in another post, and I have heard this before as to why certain Catholics pray to Mary. I myself don't agree Mary is the mother of God. God created Mary so how could Mary mother God???

This is just for debate I don't expect a right or wrong answer I am just looking to see other perspectives. I will debate my belief you can debate yours but please nobody should pass judgement here as only God can Judge.

From my understanding that is part of Catholicism to believe that Mary is the mother of God?

If so it seems that that doesn't coincide with the Christian organization so how can one be a Christian Catholic?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Mary the mother of God

If you maintain the orthodox Christian faith that Jesus is God the Son then you must also affirm that Mary is the Mother of God the Son, ... hence, Mary is Mother of God.

The Eastern Orthodox ecclesial community also affirm this.

Catholics are Christian because they are Catholic.

God bless you.

"... There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him." (Pope Benedict XVI) [Homily of His Holiness, Sunday, April 24th 2005]

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

When Jesus, the Living Bread, says IS He means IS.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Suspended for Review

So you believe that Mary's very DNA is the same as Jesus DNA???

I have no proof or scripture to back this up but I don't believe that Jesus DNA could be traced back to Mary. In order for that to be possible God would have had to use Mary's egg and fertilize it with some type of male sperm egg to create a baby. I believe God chose Mary to use as a vessel in order to carry Jesus as God willed it to be. She was simply a vessel and not literally the biological mother of Jesus (given that Jesus Is God. I will go along for the sake of this subject) If Mary is said to be the Mother of God then wouldn't she also have to be divine?

Are there any scripture that associate Mary to being the biological mother of Jesus?
Old 06-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Knight of the Forum

I'm neither a Catholic Christian or an Orthodox Christian, but I am quite happy with the title "Mother of God" for Mary. However, it does need to be understood in the context in which the phrase was first coined, where it's primary purpose was to defend the deity of Christ from a heresy at that time. Too late here in the UK for me to go into detail now, but I'm sure those on here who are better versed in church history can give you more information if you would like it.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHJE View Post
If you maintain the orthodox Christian faith that Jesus is God the Son then you must also affirm that Mary is the Mother of God the Son, ... hence, Mary is Mother of God.

The Eastern Orthodox ecclesial community also affirm this.

Catholics are Christian because they are Catholic.

God bless you.
Mary is the mother of Jesus the Man.
Since He is 100% Man and !00% God.
Mary is the mother of the 100% Man. At the incarnation Christ took on human flesh. Yet Jesusí divine nature never changed since he never ceased being God even while on earth. At the resurrection, Christís physical body became immortal and no longer experiences change.

By becoming man and setting aside his authority, Jesus became subject to the Father. Jesus also entered into a new relationship with the Father. Whereas prior to the incarnation Christ related to the Father specifically as a Son, now after becoming flesh the Father became Jesusí God due to Christ willfully becoming part of the very creation he came to redeem. Since Christ retains his humanity the Father will continue to be Jesusí God.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Mary is the mother of the 100% Man. At the incarnation Christ took on human flesh. Yet Jesus’ divine nature never changed since he never ceased being God even while on earth. At the resurrection, Christ’s physical body became immortal and no longer experiences change.

By becoming man and setting aside his authority, Jesus became subject to the Father. Jesus also entered into a new relationship with the Father. Whereas prior to the incarnation Christ related to the Father specifically as a Son, now after becoming flesh the Father became Jesus’ God due to Christ willfully becoming part of the very creation he came to redeem. Since Christ retains his humanity the Father will continue to be Jesus’ God.
When Christ was in Mary's womb, He was still 100% God and 100$ man. When Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth, Elizabeth addressed Mary as the "Mother of my LORD." Lord is the title given to God the Son. Elizabeth called Mary "Mother of my Lord" when Christ was still in her womb.

Last edited by Selene : 06-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
When Christ was in Mary's womb, He was still 100% God and 100$ man. When Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth, Elizabeth addressed Mary as the "Mother of my LORD." Lord is the title given to God the Son. Elizabeth called Mary "Mother of my Lord" when Christ was still in her womb.
I think in this content the lord means Adon, Master, King earthly lord.
When a person in biblical times became a slave he had a Lord or a Master.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Lightbulb Re: Mary the mother of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching4truth View Post
So you believe that Mary's very DNA is the same as Jesus DNA???

I have no proof or scripture to back this up but I don't believe that Jesus DNA could be traced back to Mary. In order for that to be possible God would have had to use Mary's egg and fertilize it with some type of male sperm egg to create a baby. I believe God chose Mary to use as a vessel in order to carry Jesus as God willed it to be. She was simply a vessel and not literally the biological mother of Jesus (given that Jesus Is God. I will go along for the sake of this subject) If Mary is said to be the Mother of God then wouldn't she also have to be divine?

Are there any scripture that associate Mary to being the biological mother of Jesus?
Jesus is Flesh of Mary's flesh and Blood of Mary's blood, so obviously all that is Human in Him He received from His Blessed Mother (by the Power of the Holy Spirit).

In Gen. 3:15 Jesus is called the SEED of the Woman and St. Elizabeth calls Jesus the FRUIT of Mary's womb in Lk 1:42.

It is unique that Jesus is called the SEED of a Woman, for normally a child is usually called the SEED of a man. And to say that Jesus is the FRUIT of Mary's womb shows that Jesus, in His Humanity, is "produced" FROM Mary in a like manner that fruit is produced from a tree (analogically speaking).

So, ... yes, ... Jesus looked like His Mother and had her features for we all know that He did not have a human father. He certainly must have possessed a beautiful Human Nature. And whatever Mary's complexion was this is what Jesus' complexion was as well.

Glory be to Jesus the Divine Son of Mary.

"... There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him." (Pope Benedict XVI) [Homily of His Holiness, Sunday, April 24th 2005]

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM

Question Re: Mary the mother of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Mary is the mother of the 100% Man. At the incarnation Christ took on human flesh. Yet Jesusí divine nature never changed since he never ceased being God even while on earth. At the resurrection, Christís physical body became immortal and no longer experiences change.

By becoming man and setting aside his authority, Jesus became subject to the Father. Jesus also entered into a new relationship with the Father. Whereas prior to the incarnation Christ related to the Father specifically as a Son, now after becoming flesh the Father became Jesusí God due to Christ willfully becoming part of the very creation he came to redeem. Since Christ retains his humanity the Father will continue to be Jesusí God.
I agree with Selene, ... but, interesting Moses, ... Have you come to believe that Jesus Christ, the Son, ... IS God?

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHJE View Post
Jesus is Flesh of Mary's flesh and Blood of Mary's blood, so obviously all that is Human in Him He received from His Blessed Mother (by the Power of the Holy Spirit).

In Gen. 3:15 Jesus is called the SEED of the Woman and St. Elizabeth calls Jesus the FRUIT of Mary's womb in Lk 1:42.

It is unique that Jesus is called the SEED of a Woman, for normally a child is usually called the SEED of a man. And to say that Jesus is the FRUIT of Mary's womb shows that Jesus, in His Humanity, is "produced" FROM Mary in a like manner that fruit is produced from a tree (analogically speaking).

So, ... yes, ... Jesus looked like His Mother and had her features for we all know that He did not have a human father. He certainly must have possessed a beautiful Human Nature. And whatever Mary's complexion was this is what Jesus' complexion was as well.

Glory be to Jesus the Divine Son of Mary.
Thanks for the scriptural insight on this matter. It is unique how it is worded. So is there scripture that points to weather or not Mary was Divine? To be considered the mother of the Divine God wouldn't this make her divine?