Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > The Truth About Ouija Boards

Old 03-15-2012, 05:03 PM

Default The Truth About Ouija Boards

Ouija Board

(excerpt from 4truth.net)

The Ouija Board was purchased and mass marketed by Parker Brothers in 1966. It is sold in toy stores and rests on the shelves of thousands of homes. The rectangular board is imprinted with the alphabet, numbers, and the words "yes" and "no". The players ask questions which are answered when the triangular pointer moves to letters or numbers on the board. It is sold as a game, but if it is a game, what is the objective? The objective is to receive answers from the board itself, even though few people believe that a piece of cardboard can give an answer.

Precursors of today's board were used in ancient Greece and Rome as a tool to contact departed spirits. The triangular device, called a "planchette," came to use in Europe in the 1800s. It originally had a pencil attached as a way to receive messages from the dead. The current Ouija Board was developed in the late 1800's by Elijah J. Bond. William Fuld later bought the patent from Bond, and his name still appears on the board. "Ouija" is the modern name based on the combination of the French word oui and the German word ja, both meaning "yes."

The board has been used to contact any type of spirit that the players may believe in, whether an angel, a spirit guide, a being from another dimension or planet, or the "Spirit of the Board." The use of the Ouija Board was responsible for the supposed contact of writer Jane Roberts with an entity calling himself Seth, which resulted in several books of Seth's occultic and New Age teachings being channeled by the late Roberts.

Many other examples of contact with unseen entities have been reported by users of the board. Since we are forbidden by the Bible to contact the dead or any spirits, the only spirit one might contact through the Board would be an evil spirit, a demon. If Satan disguises himself as an "angel of light" (2 Cor. 11:14, NIV), then it is not hard to believe that his demons may do the same. Why would it be difficult for a demon to disguise itself as a dead person, a helpful guide, or an angel? In fact, this would be an ideal way to deceive someone; we know that Satan is "a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44, NIV).

Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience, by Rosemary Ellen Guiley (Castle Books, 1991), defines the Ouija Board as a device "used for divination and by some as a means to contact spirits or entities," and as a way "to discover insight, wisdom, and self-truths and to communicate with discarnate beings" (p. 418). Although there are many instances when the players are moving the pointer or when nothing happens, it should be remembered that the Ouija Board was invented and designed specifically for spirit contact, not as a game. If you know that a piece of cardboard cannot answer questions, who are you expecting to answer you when you play this "game?"

The Bible forbids contact with spirits or with the dead and divination: Leviticus 19:26,31; 20:6; Deuteronomy 18:11; 14; 1 Samuel 28:11; 2 Kings 23:24; Isaiah 8:19; 19:1- 4; Zechariah 10:2.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Default Re: The Truth About Ouija Boards

Children are drawn (by the enemy of their souls) to try a Ouija Board.

It is not a parlor game and should not be treated as such.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:14 AM

I've never been to crazy about them, and with good reason.
If you can agree with your church about 95% of the time and the 5% you and your church disagree on are minor issues, you're in a great church. Now whether or not the Lord agrees with that church is even more important. Look, you can only solve so much via government. Sometimes you have to jump off the couch and do some stuff yourself. Some peoples reaction to that?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM

Obviously people, usually parents, buy them and do not have a clue why they are not good for the kids.

Amos 8:11 "The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land--not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM

Exclamation Re: The Truth About Ouija Boards

The bottom line is that the use of ouija boards attracts demons and frequently results in demon possession of the users.

The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Knight of the Forum

My only experience with a Quija board was shortly after my marriage (1972) but prior to being drawn into a close walk with Jesus (1976). My wife's brother had one of those board's and both my wife and I tried it.

My experience with God earlier in my life was very real, but at that moment, in my own natural life I was wanting to believe that religion itself (including Christianity) was a deception.

The Quija Board experience was very real and it scared me. The good thing was that I was reminded of the God I had already met in my youth (while active in the RCC). I left my brother-in-law's home and his Quija Board and thereafter avoided any purposeful contact with such a thing again. [My wife was with me completely in this decision.] At the time, I had never read a Bible and knew very little of what was written in scripture. I simply knew that the use of the Quija Board, for me, was movement in the wrong direction.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Knight of the Forum

I've only had one experience with a Ouija board as well. It's wasn't me using it or even involved. But I know that no matter how innocent or harmless the intent, that kind of thing opens the door to exactly the wrong kind of spirit.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM

I have met a few kids this past year who have played with Ouija boards. One in particular said he saw a demon in his home-satyr looking demon by his description to me.
This is a kid who has been on the prayer list here at the forum and has come a long way to the good since the above conversation.
I didn't think this teenage boy would see his 21st birthday before he started being lifted up in so much prayer. The spirits around him were defiance, rebellion, hatred and anger, not in that order.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Administrator

My new tattoo...

Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
My new tattoo...

Who does this??? Yuk. Too much money and time-that had to be expensive.

I googled and strangely enough there are more than a few people who have these. The shock value is a real thrill apparently. Wonder how many are pk's.

Last edited by Maizie : 03-18-2012 at 01:13 PM.