Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > people who have no luck in life

Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 AM

Default people who have no luck in life

Do you think people will get recompensated for having to life miserably on Earth, without success and things like that, when it wasn't their fault? I have a friend in the Philippines, a woman in her 40's. Her dad forbade her to learn a trade and made her a kind of kitchen slave for many years. Out of christian humility, she gave in. Later on after her dad and mom died, she lived on the street. Now she has a home with her brother but he is abusive and mean to her. She tried getting a job but due to lack of skills she fails them again and again and gets fired. She has serious health issues with bleeding and hepatitis. Her love life was also pretty tragical, always falling for guys who would eventually leave her and decide themselves for other women.

Now recently she told me she spends much time with her journal, trying to record the many good things that God gave her in her life. She is grateful for small things even.

I have no idea if I could bear such a fate, and the only reason why I can conceive of our good God allowing it would be that He is actually honoring her and wanting to give her a great life in Heaven where she will enjoy a special dignity that those possess who suffered humbly in life.

What do you think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: people who have no luck in life

The following verse holds the answers to your questions:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Each of us will be judged fairly by God, who is not a respector of persons. He knows exactly what He gave to each one of us, including abilities [or the lack thereof], material wealth [or the lack thereof] and opportunities [or the lack thereof].

The question each of us needs to ask about ourselves, is what did we do with what we had, for this is surely the direction in which God is looking.

Last edited by Amadeus : 03-08-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Each of us will be judged fairly by God, who is not respecter of persons. He knows exactly what He gave to each one of us, including abilities [or the lack thereof], material wealth [or the lack thereof] and opportunities [or the lack thereof].
Well said

The Lord is just, and judges us with due consideration to what we did with what we had.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Well it can also be that we don't understand life. We go forward, backward, misunderstand things, fail at our goals, generally mess things up and have no one to break through to us. Yes, the parable of the Talents is christian doctrine, but isn't there some divine love in it that goes beyond demanding, demanding, demanding and actually supports us? I think this is missing here.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutherangerman View Post
Well it can also be that we don't understand life. We go forward, backward, misunderstand things, fail at our goals, generally mess things up and have no one to break through to us. Yes, the parable of the Talents is christian doctrine, but isn't there some divine love in it that goes beyond demanding, demanding, demanding and actually supports us? I think this is missing here.
Does a person need to understand life to enjoy the blessings that are rained on the just as well as the unjust? Should people join Job in his darkest hours when he was wishing that he had never been born?

God is not demanding. God desires man to love Him as He loves man and He has provided a Way for that to be a real possibility.

Along with this Way He has also provided alternatives, which can give a person a measure of satisfaction or pleasure for his flesh.

Many, and probably most people have chosen and are choosing these alternatives to God's preferred Way. But... the alternatives are not all the sweet and easy life of which they might dream and hope. Their children and friends and neighbors and co-workers are affected by their choices, which include the negative as well as the positive results.

Man has messed up the beautiful world that God gave him. This wasn't done by one man or by one generation, but by most men since there have been men.

There is an escape from the evils of this world, but that escape is not ever by our ways, but rather by walking along the road on which Jesus walked. Our hope is not in this world, but in Him!

"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." I Cor 15:19

Last edited by Amadeus : 03-08-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Giuliano

Quote:
From what you said, this woman seems to have the love of God in her.

Look at the other people in her life. How will they be judged? We can't be sure, but we can guess. She did her best to honor her father; and I bet he still died an unhappy and bitter man who blamed the world for all his problems. Then look at the men who leave her for other women. They may think they can do better. Perhaps they can, who knows? Perhaps they prefer to be with women who are never satisfied with things?

We may be seeing God work through this woman. Consider the story of Lazarus and the rich man. Can the rich man say he kept all his money for himself because he never met any poor people who needed his help? Lazarus didn't need money to be a good person and wasn't given it; but I think he was playing a role in God's plan so the rich man was given the opportunity to choose correctly. The rich man believed he needed his money to be happy. He had money as his idol and never even experimented with acting with charity. I think if he had tried it, done some acts of kindness, he would have felt so good about it, he would have realized his money wasn't making him happy. Lazarus was there giving him the chance to become a better person.

Lazarus was a type of the "suffering servant." How could the rich man learn to act charitably without someone to be there so he could act charitably? And don't forget now, it is more blessed to give than to receive. Had the rich man given to Lazarus, he would have been more blessed than Lazarus!

The woman's health problems may be hard to understand; but she may have needed to learn to trust God over such things. When I meet people with birth defects, I'm always struck by their character. In general, it seems to me they're either very sweet or very bitter. Isn't that odd? The same problem can make them either very sweet or very bitter?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Do you think people will get recompensated for having to life miserably on Earth, without success and things like that, when it wasn't their fault? I have a friend in the Philippines, a woman in her 40's. Her dad forbade her to learn a trade and made her a kind of kitchen slave for many years. Out of christian humility, she gave in. Later on after her dad and mom died, she lived on the street. Now she has a home with her brother but he is abusive and mean to her. She tried getting a job but due to lack of skills she fails them again and again and gets fired. She has serious health issues with bleeding and hepatitis. Her love life was also pretty tragical, always falling for guys who would eventually leave her and decide themselves for other women.

Now recently she told me she spends much time with her journal, trying to record the many good things that God gave her in her life. She is grateful for small things even.

I have no idea if I could bear such a fate, and the only reason why I can conceive of our good God allowing it would be that He is actually honoring her and wanting to give her a great life in Heaven where she will enjoy a special dignity that those possess who suffered humbly in life.

What do you think?
18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

She has your love!

I think Jesus may of suffered more and he gave all of himself in love and to the Glory of God.
I don't know what to say. It seems unfair.
Her journal will give account of her love for God.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Josiah

Your question haunts me.....

With rare exceptions, I have had a superabundance of blessings - sometimes to SUCH an extent that I feel guilty. Yeah, I almost died at birth (I still have a health issue - but I'm okay) and a very signficant other and I after 3 years.... But all-in-all, AMAZINGLY, amazingly blessings. A pretty easy life....

I've been to VERY poor villages in Mexico. I've known families that just seem to get handed nothing but BAD cards. And they are all better than I am.... And I think - in SOME ways - are better because of it. At times, when I should be empathetic - I can't relate. When faith could be tried and deepened - it's not. (Not that I'm complaining, Lord!)

I AM troubled a bit by that......

I think - currently - WHATEVER "hand" we are dealt, it's more than we deserve. It's because of God's grace and mercy who makes the sun shine and the rain fall on the just and unjust alike. OUR job is to trust in Him and to love Him by loving/serving others - WHATEVER our "hand", whatever our position, in all that we do. I'm working on that.... I've got a long way to go.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:22 AM

I really liked your post, Giuliano. It made a lot of sense.