Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > A dream concerning a coat of many colors

Old 04-16-2010, 01:19 PM
whatsinaname

Default A dream concerning a coat of many colors

So a few days, maybe a week ago, I had a dream about a coat like Joseph's coat of many colors. There was a man and he told me "She's trying to duplicate your coat".

Now, of course, I don't know who either one of these people are--the man, nor the "she" that he was referring to. The funny thing is, and what made me pay attention to the dream because I had forgotten about it, was that my Bishop preached from Genesis 37:19--"And they said one to another, Behold, this dreamer cometh." He talked about why Joseph's brothers were jealous of him and it all stemmed from the coat that his father gave him. Anyway, any thoughts on what this means for me? It's simple, I know and I guess I just need to find out who "she" and the man who told me about her are. Anywho, any thoughts?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you're one of those people who don't put stock in dreams then pass this one up. I don't want anymore needless and senseless arguments. I'm tired today.
Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Gentlewind

Default Re: A dream concerning a coat of many colors

Hmm . . . Is there someone who drives you kinda nuts, and could it be that she's jealous of you and secretly wishing to be like you? A coat is what covers you in a storm--like faith. Is someone jealous of you because of your faith?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 AM
CatholicCrusader

I have weird dreams all the time. Nightmares too. I think we dream according to our state of mind when we go to sleep. If we are in a certain place all day, we will likely dream accordingly at night.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I have weird dreams all the time. Nightmares too. I think we dream according to our state of mind when we go to sleep. If we are in a certain place all day, we will likely dream accordingly at night.
CC, of course, you are correct here, in part. I believe that sometimes our dreams are from God with a definite message for someone, usually the person having the dream.

Whatsinaname, I believe that I have an interpretation for you, but I am still praying on it and bouncing it off another friend of mine. Hopefully I will be able to post something on it within a day or two.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 AM
whatsinaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
CC, of course, you are correct here, in part. I believe that sometimes our dreams are from God with a definite message for someone, usually the person having the dream.

Whatsinaname, I believe that I have an interpretation for you, but I am still praying on it and bouncing it off another friend of mine. Hopefully I will be able to post something on it within a day or two.
Thanks, John!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 AM
whatsinaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlewind View Post
Hmm . . . Is there someone who drives you kinda nuts, and could it be that she's jealous of you and secretly wishing to be like you? A coat is what covers you in a storm--like faith. Is someone jealous of you because of your faith?
Is there someone who drives me nuts? A couple people, but are they jealous of me, I don't think so. That's a good question. I know that there is or was someone that was or is jealous of my connections with a certain family, because she tried to sabotage my relationship with them, but I'm so over myself that I don't think that there is any reason that anyone should be jealous of me so I usually don't see people for the haters that they really are. LOL. If it's not a raging negative spirit of some kind, I don't see it and that's probably because I don't pay too many people too much attention unless they have the light of God. Those are the people that I watch. I always want to see the good in people and most times miss the bad if the mask it well enough. I'm a sucker for a pretty smile. If I am allowed to speak to someone (because there are some people that I literally cannot open my mouth to) then I figure that they are ok. So, yeah, I don't know if there is anyone other than that one person who is jealous of me.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 AM
whatsinaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
So, was Joseph's dream according to his state of mind when he went to sleep?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Gentlewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
I always want to see the good in people and most times miss the bad if the mask it well enough. I'm a sucker for a pretty smile.
I can relate. I often hang on trying to believe in someone long after everyone else writes them off; I keep praying and hoping they'll come around, and then when they simply go rabid on me all over again, I'm so disappointed, while everyone tells me, "What did you expect?" This is particularly troublesome if it is a family member.

Do you have an idea what your dream may have meant? Dreams are fascinating. And some are definitely from God.

Glad you're still here.

Gw
Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
whatsinaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlewind View Post
I can relate. I often hang on trying to believe in someone long after everyone else writes them off; I keep praying and hoping they'll come around, and then when they simply go rabid on me all over again, I'm so disappointed, while everyone tells me, "What did you expect?" This is particularly troublesome if it is a family member.

Do you have an idea what your dream may have meant? Dreams are fascinating. And some are definitely from God.

Glad you're still here.

Gw
I think my dream means what you think it means, but I'm just not sure. Dreams are indeed fascinating and I agree that some are from God. But some are from ourselves and of course others are from no one but satan himself.

Last edited by whatsinaname : 04-19-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Knight of the Forum

These are not necessarily a full or correct interpretation, but rather thoughts, which may be used by you or others to draw some conclusion.

The coat Jacob gave to his favorite son, Joseph, was a covering to protect him from things outside that might harm him. Was he protected? Physically, no, for his body was sold into slavery by his own brothers. But…

“…God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.” Gen 50:20

God kept Joseph covered with His Spirit when the bloody coat of many colors was left in the hands of his mourning natural parent. The coat was a token of God’s hand keeping Joseph and the children of Israel through all of their many natural trials.

Compare the many colors of Joseph’s coat with the rainbow given by God as a token …

“between me [God] and you [Noah] and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh” Gen 9:15

This “flood of waters” [Gen 6:17] was really a flood of man’s own evil ways. ”And his seed [Jacob’s seed] shall be in many waters” [Numbers 24:7]. God used man’s own ways [Assyrians, Babylonians, etc.] to cleanse the sin of Israel, to wash the sinners out of the whole of Israel [or the Church of the NT].

[“There was a man and he told me…”] (He = Jesus)

“For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God” John 3:34

“And they remembered his words,” Luke 24:8

“Never man spake like this man.” John 7:46

["She's trying to duplicate your coat". ]

Yes, she, a church in error, the great w.h.o.r.e. or one of her daughters, is trying to duplicate the covering of God, but the end result is wrong!

“Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

“For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.” Isaiah 28:20

“Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:” Isaiah 30:1