Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Todd White???

Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 AM
irondumpty

Default Todd White???

What do you all think of Todd White? I saw a show about him healing people. I decided to look him up on the internet and saw only youtube videos.
If you have any incite then please let me here it. If someone has unfounded insults then please leave it at home.

Thank you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Redeemed

Default Re: Todd White???

Anything's possible with God. Who's to say, in these last days, that this gift of healing might not be given to some? Seems legit on the videos. Way cool, if it is. What do you think, Irondumpty?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Prayer Warrior & Knight

I checked him out to see if he was on youtube...here is the link I watched.

YouTube - Todd White - More Healing on the Streets

I believe the video to be true, the lady that was on the streets with him, was Patricia King.
I was at a conference with PK, and she was calling out healings....while I had invited a homeless man that was in the foyer of the church where she was teaching to come in and listen to the music(worship), he did, and she was asking peeps to come forward that needed healing, he did tell me he had aches and pains, but he didnt go forward, but while she was praying for them, he was like, oh wow this is really weird, I don't know whats happening! While he was moving his arms around and feeling his limbs, while I know the Lord was healing him on the spot! Praise the Lord!
The Lord JEsus used her PK to be the vessel for healing for this man! Glory to the KING!
WO:
Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Knight of the Forum

This was written after posting: I understand that I've done something here I really try not to do. I have interjected a great deal of sarcasm in my comments. This is dangerous because I stand on the precipice of offense to some, I'm sure. I will risk it. I am not attacking anyone's faith here. But I do feel very strongly about those who represent Christ to deceive and manipulate others, which I feel is what is going on with this man. As such, in full consideration of the ramifications of what I have posted below, I am quite reticent to remove it. If there are those in our community who truly believe and follow Todd White as their prophet or leader, all I need is someone to let me know, and I'll remove what follows with no problem. Otherwise I will risk whatever arrows may come as a result of my words, which, while disdainful, are yet so to highlight the impropriety of what I have observed.

------------My Original Post, slightly modified--------------

I see nothing to indicate that he is engaged in anything other than showmanship. I know others will believe he is authentic, but I see no evidence of it. And I have no problem declaring my contempt for such a mockery as he displays.

For example, I was particularly curious about the utter lack of reverence, and the wanton flaunting of God's power in this video: YouTube - STREET HEALINGS with TODD WHITE

You'll forgive me but, for those who do not have working video players in their computers, I'll describe the video in detail. Do your best to excuse my cycnicsm, which I'll do my best to contain.

It starts out with a group prayer, in which God speaks to various individuals in Mr. White's group simultaneously, giving them each a different piece of information they'll need to locate and identify the various people that God needs Mr. White to heal that day. Two specific responses are received, including the name of one person (Timothy), and the color of the shirt another would be wearing. The scene cuts to the beach, where Mr. White asks a group of kids who has the bum shoulder. A guy with a red shirt raises his hand without so much as an eye-blink's time between the question and the response. The scene cuts to Mt. White invoking a blessing upon him, after which Mr. White then expalins to the guy what the healing influence should feel like, and the guy confirms it by saying "yeah, yeah, yeah." He moves his arm around, rubs his shoulder, is healed, and says, "I'll put my hands up in the air for that one, man" or something like that.

Amazingly, there is another guy in this group of incredibly healthy and fit-looking young beachgoers who needs to be healed—Timothy, which is the name of the person revealed to one of the ladies in the group earlier. Timothy has back pain apparently. Mr. White then has someone else, who is not identified, place his hand on Timothy's back while Mr. White again commands the pain to leave the suffering teen. It does so immediately and Timothy says, "That's like... creepy." All the while, the other teens in the group can been seen casually chatting and having an otherwise dandy time in the background. After all, the calling down of heavenly powers to heal a man is a happy time, not one to be marked by solemnity and reverence. Mr. Todd again explains to the beneficiary of God's almighty power that he (the recipient of the healing) is feeling various chills and such. Apparently, these boys who have been miraculously healed are so overwhelmed by the great gift they have received (no doubt pondering deeply on the fact that there are millions of people elsewhere in the world suffering things on par with their woes, such as starvation, cancer, etc., and yet who God has not seen fit to send Mr. White to heal) that they are unable to use their own words to describe the sensation of the healing power of Christ's atonement working within them. The entire scene is replete with the joviality and hilarity that should naturally accompany God's great works.

But God's dog and pony show is not over yet. Wonder of wonders, there is another laughing, happy teen in this very group who needs to be healed. In fact, this poor chap has the worst plight so far—one of his legs is shorter than the other. Mr. White, ever eager to show God's great power, mercy, and love for his suffering children, leads the teen over to a bench near the sidewalk. He asks the guy to roll up his pant legs, crouches down, taking one leg in each hand, and asks everyone to come see how unequal the guys legs are. It is difficult to judge from the angle of the camera, but it appears the that irregularity is severe—possible as much as two or three milimeters. With the stage set, Mr. White asks the cripple, "You ready to feel something really amazing, dude?" He continues, "This'll be good... Watch this guys," no doubt speaking to the multitude of believers gathere around to witness this third miracle in the last 20 minutes. He then addresses the guys leg saying, "Right leg... grow... in Jesus' name!" Instantly the leg grows the extra three milimeters to become equal with the other. Considering that I have met many people with disproportionate legs up to 8 full inches, I was quite impressed with this display of power.

In fact, the miracle is so awesome, and the power of God exhibited so utterly overwhelming that some onlookers are overcome with fear and begin to flee, and Mr. White calls out to them, "Come on, don't run!" To his credit, this time Mr. White asks the healed what he feels, instead of telling him how he feels. This man, obviously possessed of a much deeper faith, is not so overcome that he can't at least speak on his own, and he says, "It feels crazy... I don't even know how to explain it." Mr. White consoles his inability to describe the healing power of God with the words, "You can't, because it's all the way up your body right now... Stand up and bend, dude, it's radically changed."

As if the multitude were not already so spiritually overpowered by the one-two-three, do-re-mi manifestation of God's amazing power already, there is yet a fourth teen in this very group in need of healing. This one is in an arm cast, authentically suffering from a broken wrist or hand, and has some kind of metal plates inside to secure the bones and tissue while the substandard healing process available to mortals drags on. Fortunately for this young disciple, there is a prophet again in Israel, and he has come to the beach this day seeking to show God's power to anyone in sight, whether they believe, disbelieve, or could care less. God is good, isn't he.

Showing his great understanding of the many methods which God employs in building the faith of his children, and in administering the precious fruits of the suffering of Christ, he enjoins all around him this time to place their hands on the broken-arm teen. Although no miracle has yet been performed on his behalf, he is quite excited, and exclaims in anticipation of his soon-to-be-whole limb, “I want to go snowboarding… before the season’s over.” Then Mr. White leads the group in exercising God’s great and Holy priesthood, commanding every muscle, every tendon, and every ligament to be made whole, and for every plate to be removed, adding in as he closes his invocation a rapturous chuckle along with the words, "in Jesus' name." In fact, he not only commands the healing of the hand, but promises a brand new hand. The healing is immediate, and the teen wiggles his fingers, which he was not able to do just minutes before, apparently. But, as there have already been four mind-boggling miracles done by our good and gracious Lord in the last 30 minutes, and in order not to cause the grossly unbelieving soul to stumble by gifting faith before belief, he does not ask the teen with the new hand to take the cast off. He is content that the boy can wiggle his fingers. Nor does he instruct the guy to wait until he gets home to remove the cast in the privacy of his own closet, where he may also pour out his soul in thanks to God for receiving a gift that so few in life will likely ever taste. But he does tell him that it will be amazing when he goes to the doctor for a follow-up x-ray, at which time the plates previously inserted by the doctors will be gone.

I was surprised that after this last display of awesome power, and before the video ended, there was no testimony to the viewers of the goodness and mercy of God. There was no humble acknowledgement of the weakness and imperfections of man, in which the glory for these four miracles would have been rightfully deflected to God and His Son, who were the true givers of these gifts. There was nothing like that, which was a disappointment. Other than that though, the whole scene seemed to be sincere, and the miracles legitimate.

I've been privileged to witness true healings, and while I make no claim to have seen it all, I can identify a fraud when I see one. If anyone finds my obvious contempt for this ministry offensive, just say so, and I'll gladly remove my admittedly-disdainful description of his video.

Another video: YouTube - Todd White and the Amputee - CBN.com In this one Mr. White again heals a man with both back problems and disproportionate legs, but he heals (grows) the wrong leg. He heals the right leg, but if either of them actually needed growth it would be the left leg! He heals a woman of kidney stones, who just does her best not to laugh at him. Then he heals a man with no legs, but the healing doesn't take and no limbs grow back. Mr. White is confident, though, that one day he'll see that happen, he says.

YouTube - Todd White - Healing on the Streets In this one he heals another sore shoulder, and the recipient expresses his gratitude with, "That's the s***, man!" Then he heals a girl with a <cough> broken neck. Another girl, whom he "knows in his heart" has uneven legs (again), he also heals.

Last edited by WIP : 10-28-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Prayer Warrior & Knight

Smile Re: Todd White???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIP View Post
This was written after posting: I understand that I've done something here I really try not to do. I have interjected a great deal of sarcasm in my comments. This is dangerous because I stand on the precipice of offense to some, I'm sure. I will risk it. I am not attacking anyone's faith here. But I do feel very strongly about those who represent Christ to deceive and manipulate others, which I feel is what is going on with this man. As such, in full consideration of the ramifications of what I have posted below, I am quite reticent to remove it. If there are those in our community who truly believe and follow Todd White as their prophet or leader, all I need is someone to let me know, and I'll remove what follows with no problem. Otherwise I will risk whatever arrows may come as a result of my words, which, while disdainful, are yet so to highlight the impropriety of what I have observed.

------------My Original Post, slightly modified--------------

I see nothing to indicate that he is engaged in anything other than showmanship. I know others will believe he is authentic, but I see no evidence of it. And I have no problem declaring my contempt for such a mockery as he displays.

For example, I was particularly curious about the utter lack of reverence, and the wanton flaunting of God's power in this video: YouTube - STREET HEALINGS with TODD WHITE

You'll forgive me but, for those who do not have working video players in their computers, I'll describe the video in detail. Do your best to excuse my cycnicsm, which I'll do my best to contain.

It starts out with a group prayer, in which God speaks to various individuals in Mr. White's group simultaneously, giving them each a different piece of information they'll need to locate and identify the various people that God needs Mr. White to heal that day. Two specific responses are received, including the name of one person (Timothy), and the color of the shirt another would be wearing. The scene cuts to the beach, where Mr. White asks a group of kids who has the bum shoulder. A guy with a red shirt raises his hand without so much as an eye-blink's time between the question and the response. The scene cuts to Mt. White invoking a blessing upon him, after which Mr. White then expalins to the guy what the healing influence should feel like, and the guy confirms it by saying "yeah, yeah, yeah." He moves his arm around, rubs his shoulder, is healed, and says, "I'll put my hands up in the air for that one, man" or something like that.

Amazingly, there is another guy in this group of incredibly healthy and fit-looking young beachgoers who needs to be healed—Timothy, which is the name of the person revealed to one of the ladies in the group earlier. Timothy has back pain apparently. Mr. White then has someone else, who is not identified, place his hand on Timothy's back while Mr. White again commands the pain to leave the suffering teen. It does so immediately and Timothy says, "That's like... creepy." All the while, the other teens in the group can been seen casually chatting and having an otherwise dandy time in the background. After all, the calling down of heavenly powers to heal a man is a happy time, not one to be marked by solemnity and reverence. Mr. Todd again explains to the beneficiary of God's almighty power that he (the recipient of the healing) is feeling various chills and such. Apparently, these boys who have been miraculously healed are so overwhelmed by the great gift they have received (no doubt pondering deeply on the fact that there are millions of people elsewhere in the world suffering things on par with their woes, such as starvation, cancer, etc., and yet who God has not seen fit to send Mr. White to heal) that they are unable to use their own words to describe the sensation of the healing power of Christ's atonement working within them. The entire scene is replete with the joviality and hilarity that should naturally accompany God's great works.

But God's dog and pony show is not over yet. Wonder of wonders, there is another laughing, happy teen in this very group who needs to be healed. In fact, this poor chap has the worst plight so far—one of his legs is shorter than the other. Mr. White, ever eager to show God's great power, mercy, and love for his suffering children, leads the teen over to a bench near the sidewalk. He asks the guy to roll up his pant legs, crouches down, taking one leg in each hand, and asks everyone to come see how unequal the guys legs are. It is difficult to judge from the angle of the camera, but it appears the that irregularity is severe—possible as much as two or three milimeters. With the stage set, Mr. White asks the cripple, "You ready to feel something really amazing, dude?" He continues, "This'll be good... Watch this guys," no doubt speaking to the multitude of believers gathere around to witness this third miracle in the last 20 minutes. He then addresses the guys leg saying, "Right leg... grow... in Jesus' name!" Instantly the leg grows the extra three milimeters to become equal with the other. Considering that I have met many people with disproportionate legs up to 8 full inches, I was quite impressed with this display of power.

In fact, the miracle is so awesome, and the power of God exhibited so utterly overwhelming that some onlookers are overcome with fear and begin to flee, and Mr. White calls out to them, "Come on, don't run!" To his credit, this time Mr. White asks the healed what he feels, instead of telling him how he feels. This man, obviously possessed of a much deeper faith, is not so overcome that he can't at least speak on his own, and he says, "It feels crazy... I don't even know how to explain it." Mr. White consoles his inability to describe the healing power of God with the words, "You can't, because it's all the way up your body right now... Stand up and bend, dude, it's radically changed."

As if the multitude were not already so spiritually overpowered by the one-two-three, do-re-mi manifestation of God's amazing power already, there is yet a fourth teen in this very group in need of healing. This one is in an arm cast, authentically suffering from a broken wrist or hand, and has some kind of metal plates inside to secure the bones and tissue while the substandard healing process available to mortals drags on. Fortunately for this young disciple, there is a prophet again in Israel, and he has come to the beach this day seeking to show God's power to anyone in sight, whether they believe, disbelieve, or could care less. God is good, isn't he.

Showing his great understanding of the many methods which God employs in building the faith of his children, and in administering the precious fruits of the suffering of Christ, he enjoins all around him this time to place their hands on the broken-arm teen. Although no miracle has yet been performed on his behalf, he is quite excited, and exclaims in anticipation of his soon-to-be-whole limb, “I want to go snowboarding… before the season’s over.” Then Mr. White leads the group in exercising God’s great and Holy priesthood, commanding every muscle, every tendon, and every ligament to be made whole, and for every plate to be removed, adding in as he closes his invocation a rapturous chuckle along with the words, "in Jesus' name." In fact, he not only commands the healing of the hand, but promises a brand new hand. The healing is immediate, and the teen wiggles his fingers, which he was not able to do just minutes before, apparently. But, as there have already been four mind-boggling miracles done by our good and gracious Lord in the last 30 minutes, and in order not to cause the grossly unbelieving soul to stumble by gifting faith before belief, he does not ask the teen with the new hand to take the cast off. He is content that the boy can wiggle his fingers. Nor does he instruct the guy to wait until he gets home to remove the cast in the privacy of his own closet, where he may also pour out his soul in thanks to God for receiving a gift that so few in life will likely ever taste. But he does tell him that it will be amazing when he goes to the doctor for a follow-up x-ray, at which time the plates previously inserted by the doctors will be gone.

I was surprised that after this last display of awesome power, and before the video ended, there was no testimony to the viewers of the goodness and mercy of God. There was no humble acknowledgement of the weakness and imperfections of man, in which the glory for these four miracles would have been rightfully deflected to God and His Son, who were the true givers of these gifts. There was nothing like that, which was a disappointment. Other than that though, the whole scene seemed to be sincere, and the miracles legitimate.

I've been privileged to witness true healings, and while I make no claim to have seen it all, I can identify a fraud when I see one. If anyone finds my obvious contempt for this ministry offensive, just say so, and I'll gladly remove my admittedly-disdainful description of his video.

Another video: YouTube - Todd White and the Amputee - CBN.com In this one Mr. White again heals a man with both back problems and disproportionate legs, but he heals (grows) the wrong leg. He heals the right leg, but if either of them actually needed growth it would be the left leg!
You are intitled to your opinion WIP, but I believe the video to be true, BUT we must always know the glory goes to JEsus, we are ONLY the vessels, I will NEVER say, so and so has healed someone, the glory goes to Jesus, whom with all things are victorious.

We had a young man from Florida pray for my daughter for various things, he was on the internet, after praying she felt immediate improvement over the things he prayed for, I just give the glory to the Father!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinthespirit View Post
You are intitled to your opinion WIP, but I believe the video to be true, BUT we must always know the glory goes to JEsus, we are ONLY the vessels, I will NEVER say, so and so has healed someone, the glory goes to Jesus, whom with all things are victorious.

We had a young man from Florida pray for my daughter for various things, he was on the internet, after praying she felt immediate improvement over the things he prayed for, I just give the glory to the Father!
I'm not sure we watched the same video, but that's not important. I completely respect your right to believe, and I would never call into question something I was not privileged to witness, such as the healing of your daughter. I believe that true miracles can and do happen for the faithful, even if and when the so-called deliverers of the miracles are frauds, as I believe is the case with Mr. White. And that is because it is one's faith in Christ that activates the power of God, not the mere words of a man.

I was very worried about not just bending your nose, but breaking it, seeing as how your first comment preceded mine. Thank you for not taking what I said as a personal attack against you. It should not be seen as such by anyone here. In fact, if people pay close attention, I at no time dismissed Mr. White's faith in Christ as fraudulent; I asserted only that his miracles (at least the 8 or so I've watched so far) are. Well, I did use the word "fraud" in reference to him, but I would clarify that here as pertaining only to his miracles.

Peace to you.
Jesse
Old 10-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Prayer Warrior & Knight

No you didn't break my nose, lol, much less bend it. You know I have experienced some supernatural stuff, some good, some not so good, but the Lord has shown me not to put Him in a box, cause if you say something like O the Lord would never do that....HE will show you quite the opposite, as HE said Your ways are not my ways, and Your thoughts are not my thoughts...
I think we all know the enemy can heal as well, but his healings won't hold up.....but also if God heals you, and you give the glory to the Doctor, or to man and never mention God, chances are you might loose your healing.

The Lord said there will be many signs, wonders and miracles in the last days, and he also said that many would be decieved, even the most elite...which is why we need to pray for discernment, wisdom, understanding, revelation, and stay in the Word. WO:
Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
MMari

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondumpty View Post
What do you all think of Todd White? I saw a show about him healing people. I decided to look him up on the internet and saw only youtube videos.
If you have any incite then please let me here it. If someone has unfounded insults then please leave it at home.

Thank you.
The video I watched of Todd White was okay; I do believe that healing can take place. In the videos that I watched he seemed rather down to earth and I will not limit what God can do in regard to healing as long is all glory is directed to God. If you begin to mix mysticism... feathers, golddust, gemstones... then I'd say no as God doesn't need these type of manifestations which detract from His glory.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Prayer Warrior & Knight

Smile Re: Todd White???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMari View Post
The video I watched of Todd White was okay; I do believe that healing can take place. In the videos that I watched he seemed rather down to earth and I will not limit what God can do in regard to healing as long is all glory is directed to God. If you begin to mix mysticism... feathers, golddust, gemstones... then I'd say no as God doesn't need these type of manifestations which detract from His glory.
Blessings Mari, the Lord has put golddust on my bible, I didn't worship the sign, but seen it as a gift from Him.

He also likes to put glory dust on peeps I witness to of HIS love and presence and salvation, HE does it, I again don't worship the sign, but if HE wants to do it, who am I to tell Him I don't want it?

The glory dust appears I believe as a sign of HIS love, NEVER in any capacity that I have witnessed to peeps, that I speak of the enemy...
anyways just wanted to share with you.

Showers of blessings coming your way!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM

Apologies, Walkinthespirit, but this is basic street hypnosis. There’s a fair proportion of the population that is susceptible to this type of hokem. Derren Brown and others do much of the same sort of stuff, except that they do it for entertainment. In fact, Brown did an episode when he got a room full of atheists together and, simply by the power of suggestion, convinced them that there could be a God. I found it quite unsettling. I’ll link to it tonight, but in the interim, if you Google ‘derren brown messiah’ you’ll get the video.

Personally, I think that this sort of stuff does an immense amount of harm to Christianity. Some atheists take great delight in linking to these sort of videos and, putting everyone with any sort of faith into the same basket, disclaim – Look what these guys believe!

Should you have to spend your time distancing yourself from these sorts of people? Or even, in some tortuous manner, putting some spin on it to justify it in some way? If I were you, Jessie, I wouldn’t worry about hurting anyone’s feelings here. Give it both barrels, mate.

That said, I couldn’t get my head around this comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIP View Post
I believe that true miracles can and do happen for the faithful, even if and when the so-called deliverers of the miracles are frauds, as I believe is the case with Mr. White.
You don’t believe that he can do it but you still think that it works? Although re-reading it I can see what you mean in that if the person with the bad back actually believes that it’s going to be fixed then he could be healed - it doesn’t matter who is doing the healing. But that’s just opening the doors for any charlatan to claim healing power. You may as well have a tailor’s dummy doing it.

I read a quote by Nils Bohr last night and it’s applicable – and so good that I have to pass it on.

Someone was in his lab and noticed a horseshoe nailed to the wall. With some surprise, the visitor asked him about it. Why would such a brilliant scientist, a Nobel prize winner in physics, believe that a horseshoe would bring him luck? ‘Apparently,’ he said ‘it works whether you believe it or not’.