Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Christian forum rules

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Representative Clergy

Default Christian forum rules

Just a reminder, here are the rules of T2O:

1. No name calling
2. Be respectful
3. No bad language
4. No advertising of any kind
5. No stalking or trolling
6. No posting any sexually explicit content
7. No deceptive posting.
8. This is a Christian site that promotes Christian beliefs. Actively promoting other belief systems is not allowed. Furthermore, belittling the faith of our community in any way will not be tolerated (January 04, 2008 clarification).
9. Do not plagerize other people's material. You are allowed to use other people's textual content if it's properly cited.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:55 PM
CatholicCrusader

Default Re: Christian forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
Just a reminder, here are the rules of T2O:

1. No name calling
2. Be respectful
3. No bad language
4. No advertising of any kind
5. No stalking or trolling
6. No posting any sexually explicit content
7. No deceptive posting.
8. This is a Christian site that promotes Christian beliefs. Actively promoting other belief systems is not allowed. Furthermore, belittling the faith of our community in any way will not be tolerated (January 04, 2008 clarification).
9. Do not plagerize other people's material. You are allowed to use other people's textual content if it's properly cited.
Good reminder. I've kinda skated a little to close to them recently. I am just frustrated out how the forums are being flooded with tons and tons of these idiotic threads that make no sense. Thoughtful people can't have any dialog because the threads keep rolling by like a rushing river.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
RollingThunder

Another requiring sticky status.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:58 AM

I am very glad for number 8, it makes it a bit more like a church.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:35 AM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
I am very glad for number 8, it makes it a bit more like a church.
Yes

Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Minister

Agreed....
Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
preachergirl

I was thinking even today C.C., not exactly that many threads are idiotic, but that many provide no spiritual, soul filling Life in them...for example, Debate about "how" God speaks rather than about "what" he has spoken into your heart or mine. I mean if we can't establish or agree on "how" God speaks or how we hear what say, the sinner isn't hearing, then how will we ever get to the Table of "His" Bread that feeds us what earthly bread does not?

If I were going to answer what was "idiotic" here in the threads I guess this would be my answer, (though I don't want to think or say that what other people say is idiotic, because it may not be to them, but what I say may be, to someone else). So this leads me to ask what your definition of "idiotic" is? No trace of offense intended here...you have a right to your opinion too, and even if what you would say has no personal meaning to me, I have to admit that if it does to you, then if my brother in Christ matters to me at all, then his feelings do too, and understanding them does too, amen?

My feeling is that #1 "Respect" does belong in the #1 position, and that it is like the Law of Love upon which all the other laws (rules) hang. And how do we have Respect in order to give/show it? Being antagonistic toward someone else's words or (feelings?) is likely Not the way. How do we avoid then feeling antagonistic? Any suggesstions?

Maybe we could consider the Law (doctrine?) upon which all others hang...Love your brother/sister "just like" I love myself? How would I "hear" and think about and respond to myself, or...wish others would hear, think about, and respond to me?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
I was thinking even today C.C., not exactly that many threads are idiotic, but that many provide no spiritual, soul filling Life in them...for example, Debate about "how" God speaks rather than about "what" he has spoken into your heart or mine. I mean if we can't establish or agree on "how" God speaks or how we hear what say, the sinner isn't hearing, then how will we ever get to the Table of "His" Bread that feeds us what earthly bread does not?

If I were going to answer what was "idiotic" here in the threads I guess this would be my answer, (though I don't want to think or say that what other people say is idiotic, because it may not be to them, but what I say may be, to someone else). So this leads me to ask what your definition of "idiotic" is? No trace of offense intended here...you have a right to your opinion too, and even if what you would say has no personal meaning to me, I have to admit that if it does to you, then if my brother in Christ matters to me at all, then his feelings do too, and understanding them does too, amen?

My feeling is that #1 "Respect" does belong in the #1 position, and that it is like the Law of Love upon which all the other laws (rules) hang. And how do we have Respect in order to give/show it? Being antagonistic toward someone else's words or (feelings?) is likely Not the way. How do we avoid then feeling antagonistic? Any suggesstions?

Maybe we could consider the Law (doctrine?) upon which all others hang...Love your brother/sister "just like" I love myself? How would I "hear" and think about and respond to myself, or...wish others would hear, think about, and respond to me?
Kim, I saw this thread "bumped" under the new posts page and came to see what new post you had made. I came from spending almost 2 hours trying to write a response (not that long of one ) over on my Jude 3 thread.

For me, the "idocacy" of the threads is directly proportional to the measure that each participant is listening rather than speaking. And I mean that skill of "active listening" that I'm sure you've learned somewhere in your college studies. Reaching beyond the printed word to truly expose and understand what the point is the other person is trying to make. Truly trying to have a good faith discourse. That often means for me, walking away, thinking, rereading, asking to clarify, etc. I have to set myself aside and chose not to take offense, to humble myself to ask forgiveness when I ask something that another may be offended by, and simply know when not to respond. Yet sometimes, I'm a real idiot when posting!

Yes, Love is the answer and behind that is always seek to glorify God in what you do and say. Respect will flow from there. Blessings, Peggy
Old 01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Lead Moderator

Peggy,

This last post typifies the soundness of your fine thinking.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsen View Post
Peggy,

This last post typifies the soundness of your fine thinking.

Thank you, Mr. Olsen. Now only if I could be consistent in my practice....