Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Christian forum rules

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Lead Moderator

Default Re: Christian forum rules

Peggy,

That goes for all of us.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Representative Clergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsen View Post
Peggy,

That goes for all of us.
I agree...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Representative Clergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
Just a reminder, here are the rules of T2O:

1. No name calling
2. Be respectful
3. No bad language
4. No advertising of any kind
5. No stalking or trolling
6. No posting any sexually explicit content
7. No deceptive posting.
8. This is a Christian site that promotes Christian beliefs. Actively promoting other belief systems is not allowed. Furthermore, belittling the faith of our community in any way will not be tolerated (January 04, 2008 clarification).
9. Do not plagerize other people's material. You are allowed to use other people's textual content if it's properly cited.
I will request that everyone pays more attention to the titles of their threads. Although thread titles can be attention-getting, they should not be inflammatory or insulting to whole groups of people, as we are trying to discuss discussion and dialogue, not wars. Most particularly

1. The word "unbiblical" should be avoided in the title.
2. To use it to express one's opinion on the thread itself is fine, provided you are using it specifically toward certain issues. I.e.: "the P/C/O belief on life after death is unbiblical, and here is why" is acceptable. But "Protestantism/Catholicism/Orthodoxy is unbiblical" is unacceptable.

The same concept should be applied to words like unChristian. Thank you for your cooperation.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I will request that everyone pays more attention to the titles of their threads. Although thread titles can be attention-getting, they should not be inflammatory or insulting to whole groups of people, as we are trying to discuss discussion and dialogue, not wars. Most particularly

1. The word "unbiblical" should be avoided in the title.
2. To use it to express one's opinion on the thread itself is fine, provided you are using it specifically toward certain issues. I.e.: "the P/C/O belief on life after death is unbiblical, and here is why" is acceptable. But "Protestantism/Catholicism/Orthodoxy is unbiblical" is unacceptable.

The same concept should be applied to words like unChristian. Thank you for your cooperation.
I assume that includes a thread title that calls out one particular member like its a schoolyard brawl, for the purpose of pushing that member's buttons? And perhaps using an unflattering name to do so?

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
StIguanas

Quote:
Just a reminder, here are the rules of T2O:

1. No name calling
2. Be respectful
Is it name calling and disrespectful to call someone a "hatemonger"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
We don't need hatemongers like you here.
true2ourselves.com/forum/theology/328-immaculate-conception-46.html

Last edited by StIguanas : 04-20-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:30 PM
StIguanas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I assume that includes a thread title that calls out one particular member like its a schoolyard brawl, for the purpose of pushing that member's buttons? And perhaps using an unflattering name to do so?
You mean like this:

true2ourselves.com/forum/general-discussions/7241-catholic-view-non-catholic-christians.html
Old 04-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Giuliano

I'd say CC probably would have been better off ignoring you instead of taking the bait.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StIguanas View Post
You mean like this:

true2ourselves.com/forum/general-discussions/7241-catholic-view-non-catholic-christians.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
I'd say CC probably would have been better off ignoring you instead of taking the bait.
There one big difference (plus one small one) between my thread which StIguanas mentions and the thread that I complained aout:

My thread is basically about the fact that Catholic do not officially spread hate against protestants, as StIguana claimed it did. I suppose any fairly intelligent person would know that already, but I wanted to show that officiailly, right in the Catechism, we regard protestants with love and affection as brothers. I'd say that is a fairly positive point to make.

The thread I complained about put me right in the thread title - something my thread did not do - and was all about me, complaining abouy me, smearing me, calling me a dog.

I would say there is a big difference between the two threads. But at this point I really don't care. I have filed it in the "Old News" catagory by now.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Closed Thread