Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Who Collects Religious Movies?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Who Collects Religious Movies?

This movie was even before my time--it is black and white so be prepared! You could probably get it at a very good price however...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
This movie was even before my time--it is black and white so be prepared! You could probably get it at a very good price however...
I like oldies. "The Song of Bernadette" is one of my favorites that I have.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Knight of the Forum

I love the old black and whites. And Audrey Hepburn: she rocks! I'll have to get this for my collection.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
And because you're starting to know that I have a warped sense of humor, I will admit also to:

Saved
Life of Brian
Meaning of Life
There's a story that came out recently about the banning of Life of Brian.

It turns out that one of the actresses in the film (I think she played something to do with the People's Popular Front of Judea (or was it the Judean People's Popular Front?). Anyway, she's Welsh and now lives in a coastal town in Wales called Aberystwyth. She ran for the local council and eventually became mayor.

A local TV reporter realising that she'd been in the file remembered that it had been banned in the town and the ban had not been recinded.

Consequently, they got Michael Palin and Terry Jones to turn up and they had a charity screening for the first time in 30 years. There's a youtube doc here: YouTube - Monty Python in Aberystwyth (Part 1 of 3)

I'd left home when the film came out so I didn't have to travel any distance to watch it (although I remember driving to a nearby town to see Last Tango in Paris).
Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
There's a story that came out recently about the banning of Life of Brian.

It turns out that one of the actresses in the film (I think she played something to do with the People's Popular Front of Judea (or was it the Judean People's Popular Front?). Anyway, she's Welsh and now lives in a coastal town in Wales called Aberystwyth. She ran for the local council and eventually became mayor.

A local TV reporter realising that she'd been in the file remembered that it had been banned in the town and the ban had not been recinded.

Consequently, they got Michael Palin and Terry Jones to turn up and they had a charity screening for the first time in 30 years. There's a youtube doc here: YouTube - Monty Python in Aberystwyth (Part 1 of 3)

I'd left home when the film came out so I didn't have to travel any distance to watch it (although I remember driving to a nearby town to see Last Tango in Paris).
Thanks for that link: it gave me quite the giggle this morning. I think it is still banned in our mid-lands! I'll have to check. To me, that movie, Holy Grail (yes, I do own that too) and Meaning of Life are satirical about religion overall, not attacks on Christ. Though I know some will disagree with that. But when you look at how the folks in the movie just keep messing up as to who to follow and what he says.... how can you not see that as relating to our churches and their messages? I do love "Blessed are the cheese makers" and "I'm sure he means any maker of dairy products." Kinda hits the ball outta the park.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Knight of the Forum

Has anyone seen the movie Matthew?
I liked it, to me it showed Jesus in a different way.
A good way I mean!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewayne View Post
Has anyone seen the movie Matthew?
I liked it, to me it showed Jesus in a different way.
A good way I mean!
Can you find it on IMDB and link to it?
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Knight of the Forum

I dont know double C , a friend from church had it and loaned it to me. I dont even know who played in it. I will find out tomorrow nite at church and let you know.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Knight of the Forum

I looked it up on ask.com, the name of it was The Gospel according to Matthew, made back in 1994.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewayne View Post
I looked it up on ask.com, the name of it was The Gospel according to Matthew, made back in 1994.
I couldn't find one made in 1994. I found one from 1964 though:
Photos from The Gospel According to St. Matthew