Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Forum Lingo/Etiquette

Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Forum Lingo/Etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
ZING!
LOL. I have been on both the receiving end and delivering end.

You hit a home run with that one.

Careful, I'll laugh you off!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 AM

I have a lingo question

What is ' IMO' and ' IMHO' stand for?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByFaithIC View Post
I have a lingo question

IMO = in my opinion IMHO = in my humble opinion (this second one is usually a lie concerning the humble part )
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
IMO = in my opinion IMHO = in my humble opinion (this second one is usually a lie concerning the humble part )
Hey, hey, hey!!!! (giggling) Guess I'll have to make sure I don't use IMHO with you!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByFaithIC View Post
I have a lingo question

When I first started useing this pc. I thought it was some kind of computer cussing,

NFY has used that on me for some time now
now I'm glad to know what it means,
"IMHO" i'm really glad.....Dewayne
Old 07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Knight of the Forum

But honest: when I put the "H" in I really do mean "humble".... The one you need to wonder about is LOL - do I mean laugh out loud or lots of love! In both your cases, Brad and Dewayne, it's probably lots of love.

Seriously, Faith, while it's a little long, here's a good link for the abbreviations that are used in text and internet lingo. I have to use it when my nieces and nephews text me! Text Messaging, Chat Abbreviations & Smiley Faces - Webopedia
Old 07-15-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
Hey, hey, hey!!!! (giggling) Guess I'll have to make sure I don't use IMHO with you!
No biggy sis, its just a general principle that people who call themselves humble usually arent. If someone else calls you humble, its understandable for one to start purring with delight. Some merely use IMHO without really thinking they are humble, so no fault there, and no doubt thats you. I was on some other forum at one time and this matter came up, and pretty much everyone there agreed that nearly all of us are not truly humble. We tend to speak from what we see as strengths in our knowledge with the point of trying to make others believe what we do on any subject we speak on. To me, speaking with the attitude that we dont know the mind of God, but we shall always seek it as much as possible until the day we die is humbleness. Not seeking to be "absolutely right", to get the last word in, to ensure that we win every fight of words, to me this is an aspect of humbleness, and actually the best person on this site to portray this is Dewayne, IMO (lol) one of the most humble persons on this site. Dont let your head swell to much Dewayne....lol.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Last edited by Soulheart3 : 07-15-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
No biggy sis, its just a general principle that people who call themselves humble usually arent. If someone else calls you humble, its understandable for one to start purring with delight. Some merely use IMHO without really thinking they are humble, so no fault there, and no doubt thats you. I was on some other forum at one time and this matter came up, and pretty much everyone there agreed that nearly all of us are not truly humble. We tend to speak from what we see as strengths in our knowledge with the point of trying to make others believe what we do on any subject we speak on. To me, speaking with the attitude that we dont know the mind of God, but we shall always seek it as much as possible until the day we die is humbleness. Not seeking to be "absolutely right", to get the last word in, to ensure that we win every fight of words, to me this is an aspect of humbleness, and actually the best person on this site to portray this is Dewayne, IMO (lol) one of the most humble persons on this site. Dont let your head swell to much Dewayne....lol.
I agree with you, Brad. As soon as we put our eyes on ourselves, we take them off where they should be and any guise of humility goes right out the old window. And therefore, my daily quest remains "less of me and more of Him." And I think your right about Dewayne too but I'm not gonna say that as I don't want to cause him to puff - lol!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post

Seriously, Faith, while it's a little long, here's a good link for the abbreviations that are used in text and internet lingo. I have to use it when my nieces and nephews text me! Text Messaging, Chat Abbreviations & Smiley Faces - Webopedia

Thank you very much....I had never seen those abbreviation's (IMO & IMHO) prior to joining this website so I often wondered what they meant.
Thanks for the web link
Old 07-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Knight of the Forum

I just read what was said about me, and right now no way I can even put my fishing hat on my head!

Sherry said my arms are way back behind me as I walk, as to show off chest. walking like a big roster.

Thanks for the flowers, All the praise and Glory goes to our Father who gives us these gifts.
Dont sell your own selfs short on being hunble
there is a lot here that is humble, some are hard but humble. God loves us all!

As far as getting the last word in, you should be around here when we are fussing, and Sherry leaves for work, then I stand behind the door and watch her go down the road, and thats when I get the last words in!

now thats what I call setting her straight!