Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Satan came to steal, kill, and destroy

Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Satan came to steal, kill, and destroy

I don't know about any of you; But I am sick and tired of Gods people being attacked by the enemy.
Most people, when they come under attack don't know what to do..
So they cry and ask God to help them...
Don't people know that Jesus gave us the authority to put Satan under our feet...
God told us to do this... And He equipped us to do so.
Its time for the church to gird up their loins and go on the offense against the enemy's kingdom.
The time for sitting around and doing nothing is over.

To often times we give the enemy a "Legal Right" to enter our homes that we dwell in.
We do this by things that are watched on our television, PC, what we listen to on the radio, and even what we read in books and magazines.
The Word states that we will know them by their fruit.
So whatever fruit you are paying attention too is your master...
You have yeilded yourself over to this...

Its time for a house cleaning.. Get these things out of your homes.
Anything and everything that is contrary to the fruit of the Spirit needs to be dismissed.

Why give the Enemy a foothold?
Why allow him to dwell with you?
Why give him the opportuinty to destroy you and your family?

We as Gods people are more than conquerers! Get ready for battle!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Minister

Default Re: Satan came to steal, kill, and destroy

Not only has God given us power. the word says that if we resist the devil HE WILL FLEE FROM US!!!!!!! and yes God's given us power over satan........Good post! Good to hear some powerful things like this sometimes!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Knight of the Forum

Don't forget the first part of that scripture comes with a commandment to "Submit ourselves to God" then "resist the enemy and he will flee from you".
Old 11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Minister

thank you so so true. without him we are indeed helpless
Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Great post! It makes me want to go out and spray a liberal with a water hose

In all seriousness, change is coming to this world... and I believe God has been seriously 'shaking up' his flock in preparation for what's to come. The waters are stirring.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:42 PM

Smile Re: Satan came to steal, kill, and destroy

You're right, He did give us the authority to put Satan under our feet, but, He didn't mean by bringing ourselves down to the devil's "level" (hey that rhymed!)I know it's easy to get angry and want to lash out at the evil-doers of the world, but that's not the answer. God will deal with them when the time comes. "Enter into your temple, into your heart..illuminate it with good thoughts, and with the patience & immovable confidence which you have in your Father."
The only way to conquer Evil is with GOOD..so cling to what is good, and shrink from what is Evil. Jesus teaches us to "Love your enemies, bless those that curse you, do good to those that hate you, and pray for those that insult or persecute you", "do not repay evil with evil, but overcome evil with good"..after all, look what HE went through..the world hated Him. The only way to overcome hate is with LOVE..LOVE CONQUERS ALL.
*~Peace and lots of love to you, my sister in Christ.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Called2Freedom

Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ76 View Post
You're right, He did give us the authority to put Satan under our feet, but, He didn't mean by bringing ourselves down to the devil's "level" (hey that rhymed!)I know it's easy to get angry and want to lash out at the evil-doers of the world, but that's not the answer. God will deal with them when the time comes. "Enter into your temple, into your heart..illuminate it with good thoughts, and with the patience & immovable confidence which you have in your Father."
The only way to conquer Evil is with GOOD..so cling to what is good, and shrink from what is Evil. Jesus teaches us to "Love your enemies, bless those that curse you, do good to those that hate you, and pray for those that insult or persecute you", "do not repay evil with evil, but overcome evil with good"..after all, look what HE went through..the world hated Him. The only way to overcome hate is with LOVE..LOVE CONQUERS ALL.
*~Peace and lots of love to you, my sister in Christ.
Its not that I'm angry and want to lash out at evil-doers. The evil-doers are functioning under the influence of our adversary.
I want Gods People to recoginze that WE have authority over that devil.
We as sons of God are equipped; empowered; [i]ANOINTED[i] to destroy "the works" of our enemy.
The devil can only do to us what we allow him to do.
Attack the devil not the evil-doer.
The word of God says that we wrestle not with flesh and blood but against powers, pricipalities, rulers of darkness, and wickedness in high places. Our weapons are not carnal but mighty in spirit.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:31 AM
PentecostalEvangelist

When I finally gave my life to Jesus at the age of 38 and ultimately surrendered to Gods call on my life to preach the Gospel at 39 years of age, I recall very well what I believed then and still today what God spoke to me.

He took me to John 10:10 and told me that the ministry he was calluing me to was to be called 'Life More Abundant Ministries'.

Then he revealed something very significant to my heart about what Jesus said in that verse of scripture.

First Jesus said the thief comes not but for to steal, when I read those words I tought well what does the thief come to steal, and my answer came immediately: Gods truth.

If the devil can make us believe Gods truth isn't really true at all he has already defeated us completely, becuasse iof we can't believe in God completely then we can't be confident in him for anything at all.

And if the devil can steal our confidence in God from us then he can kill us physically prematurely.

If someone has no confidence in God that person will most likely turn away from God and return to a life of sin, which when they enter into eternity, will result in theirr eternal destruction.

Steal... Kill... and Destroy.....

But Jesus said that he came to give us LIFE and that LIFE even more abundant!