Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > The End of the World

Old 06-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Lead Moderator

Default The End of the World

There has been so much written and said regarding the so-called "End Times." The popular imagination was stirred, not long ago, by the extremely popular "Left Behind" series of novels which dealt with that very subject. Many self-styled experts and even serious scriptural scholars believe that "all signs" now point to one thing: the end of the world is near. These predictions, in fact, are ironically shared by two diverse non-Christian cultures: the ancient Chinese and the Mayas of Central America. Both these groups prophesied that a cataclysmic event would occur in 2012 which would end the world as we know it.

The scriptures are clear on only one thing regarding the end of the world: "but of that day and hour no man knoweth, no, not the angels of Heaven, but my Father only" Mathew 24: 36. Should we, therefore, attempt to know the unknowable based on any given interpretation of the so-called "signs" as described in numerous places in both the Hebrew and Christian scriptures? And if so, for what purpose?

I personally think that such an effort serves little purpose except to reinforce one essential truth: the world will end and indeed so will we. The end is not a question of if, but only when. The focus must always remain on our life and how we live it. This has been true throughout history and will remain so until the world does end. The Irish have correctly reminded us that:

Short is the longest day of life!

The reality of our own death and the certainty of the world's end should simply serve to remind us to be ever vigilant and ever fruitful while awaiting our own death or the day of our Lord, whichever comes first. It's that simple.

Last edited by olsen : 06-15-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:30 PM

Default Re: The End of the World

If you believe in the end of the world as prophesized in the Bible , whether you know when that time is coming or not is not the issue. The real issue is whether this belief is what keeps the human race from going astray and keeps us in line during our times on earth. Its not so much if the world is coming to an end and when but rather if that belief is something that we believe and project forward to others in order to prevent chaos in this world.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
The scriptures are clear on only one thing regarding the end of the world: "but of that day and hour no man knoweth, no, not the angels of Heaven, but my Father only" Mathew 24: 36.
Know what? I can really live with that!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that
the sun has risen:
not only because I see it,
but because by it I see everything else."
~ C. S. Lewis

Last edited by latreia : 08-05-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:23 PM

That's right. God is in control. We have to put our trust and faith in Him. He knows it all!

Last edited by cheryl : 07-25-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Suspended for Review

Though the Moderator is correct in pointing out that no one knows the day and hour of the end [Mat. 24:16], it makes no mention of the generation, season, or even year of the end. In fact, there is much written that allows one to know that we are, indeed, in the endtimes.

I take issue with two other points made by the Moderator. First, he suggests that whether or not we are in the endtimes serves little purpose. I find it difficult to believe that God does not want us to know when so much of the topic is covered in scripture. It was of importance to the disciples, important for Christ to detail the endtimes, and is important to us.

Second, though I have no knowledge of the contents of the "Left Behind" fiction and I have seen that experts of the Chinese "Iching" and the Mayan calendars predict the end in 2012, there is Biblical support for the return of Christ close to this time. I can't speak for so-called Bible scholars; but, a little home study will bring these facts to light.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Pastorlen

I totally agree with Watchman. The importance of our times cannot be over stated. Jesus said He would return for those who are looking for His appearing. This is an exciting time to be alive. Get all excited, go tell everybody, that Jesus Christ is coming soon. God bless.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Pastorlen

Thoughts on the Rapture

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 "For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

The rapture of the Church of Jesus Christ is the next great event on the horizon of time. Without going into great detail at this time, I want to give a few salient points as it pertains to this all important subject.

1] There are many signs of the times that point to the fact that we are living in the last of the last days.
+Restoration of Israel as a nation in 1948, fulfilling Bible Prophecy
+Wars and rumors of wars
+ Spiritual rebellion and outright apostasy
+ An emphasis on material prosperity and material and cultural influence
+ An increase of knowledge and fast paced travel
+ Many and various natural disasters
+ Perilous Times.
+ False Prophets will abound in the last days.
+ Wickedness that beggars description
+ Demonic activity will continue to rise as we go deeper into the last days.
+Persecution of the saints will become more pronounced, even in the USA, as we get closer to the Lords return.
+ At the same time, the true Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ will be spread throughout the earth at a breathtaking rate.

2] Now lets look at the purpose of the Rapture.
+ To resurrect the dead in Christ, separating them from the wicked dead.
+ To take the Saints to heaven, where their works will be judged, they will receive rewards, and partake in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.
+ At the rapture, we will receive our immortal glorified bodies.
+ we, the saints, will be presented before the Father.
+ We will be made whole in Spirit, Soul, And Body. The saints will.
+We, the saints, will escape the Great Tribulation.
+ The hinderer of lawlessness in the world, the church, will be removed.
+ The antichrist will then be revealed.

3] Who is worthy to escape?
Those who are in Christ. The Greek word for worthy is "Axios" meaning, "deserving to be fit, to be accepted." Meaning that our living, our walk with the Lord, our Faith, our lifestyle proves our relationship with Christ.

4] EXAMINE YOURSELVES.
2 Corinthians 13:5 admonishes us to " Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the Faith, prove yourselves...."
Examine means "to test, to try" ourselves to see whether Christ is truly living in our hearts. Paul is stating that there must be a true relationship between us and the Lord. Our actions are the actions of a true believer.
The great question of the hour for every believer is simply, "Are You READY?"
Those who are ready are listening for the trump of God.

Last edited by Pastorlen : 10-06-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Suspended for Review

Pastorlen,

Though I whole-heartedly support your first post, I have to burst your bubble on the second one.

There is no 'rapture' of the church. Such tradition of man is the Doctrine of Satan!

There is no single false christian teaching more damaging to Christianity then the 'Rapture'.

A little study indicates that the modern 'Rapture' theory is derived from the false 'any moment doctrine' taught by the Thessalonians [debunked by Paul himself] and the evil dream from a sick woman named Margaret Macdonald in 1830, which was picked up by a couple of preachers that visited her and thereafter formed a new religion.

'Rapture' is unbiblical and, those that hold true to it, will likely miss the first resurrection if they are alive when Christ returns.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Pastorlen

Hi Watchman,
Thanks for you reply. I know firmly that I am Saved by the blood of Jesus and on my way to heaven. It takes more than a few harsh words to "burst my bubble".
God bless you my Brother
Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Suspended for Review

Pastorlen

I wouldn't expect my words to "burst your bubble". So, let God's Words burst it -- See Eze. 13:18-23. God is against you!

You wrote:
Quote:
I am Saved by the blood of Jesus and on my way to heaven.
Oh really?? I didn't know that God ceded His divine authority to judge salvation to you or anyone else.

Yes, the blood of Jesus ultimately saves those that God judges to truly believe. But, a claim to salvation, alone, will not save many when Christ returns.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Have you not read?? Surely, these people also claimed salvation through the blood of Jesus; yet, they do not go to heaven. Why? They didn't do the will of God. Rapturists, holding true to form, fall into this category

So, your veiled effort to give credence to the false rapture theology by arguing you are already saved fails because it is not on point [mutually exclusive concepts] and is unbiblical.