True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Gambling (sin?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
PentecostalEvangelist
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fardon View Post
A word of caution. While we need to understand the threat that Islamofascists are, we also need to be caustious about those calling for resistance against all Muslims.
Neo-nazis are cashing in on this and using this threat as a vehicle to recruit, also.
And since just about anybody can join this board, it not having any standards before joining, judging from the strange doctrines being brought out here, we need to be very careful.
Re: Where do you stand

ICT7133 ------ Exactly what credentials and standards would you like for me to present to you in advance.

Since you don't know me I resent the implication I may be a neo-nazi.

Did you even go to the web site and read the articles? I'm willing to give you the benefit of doubt, and say you did not.

Had you of gone to see what is there you would of seen the NEWS ARTICLES backed up with to links to the full story. AND I might add the sites referenced ARE NOT from the national enquirer.

I did however write an opinion piece on marriage in the gay marriage section. However all the other articles are current events that are being reported. However they are NOT showing the pictures of the group Bash-Back, along with thier website taking responsibility for the Lansing Mi, attacks.

As far ase the Qoute I referenced about converting to Islam --- That is taken right from the Quran..

As far as moderate Muslims, I'm sure there are some out there. However I don't see them on CNN denouncing what is going on. After-all there is supposed to be more moderate Muslims than the small group that is causing havoc in the world.

So in closing if you want to disagree with the news stories on the website and say that all them sources are wrong, thats one thing.

But to NOT even investigate and then to insinuate I'm espousing strange doctrines and may be a Neo-Nazi speaks volumes of you and you character.

don@meetuatthtop.com
What are you talking about?

Nothing you have said here has anything whatsoever to do with this thread!

I suggest you read the threads original post, and come to the knowledge of the true subject being discussed herein.

The topic has absolutely nothing whatsover to do with muslims or islam.

We are discussing the issue of whether or not there are any scriptures in GODS Holy word which state specifically gambling is a sin.

Convert to islam? Not likely since it is a false religion.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-23-2008, 10:33 PM
PentecostalEvangelist
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevStevenMRobinson View Post
seems to me that you (honestly) need to set some of your differances aside and edify each other.......not saying you dont mind you.....i have found though that sometimes we can get so locked up on things that are hard to prove that we can miss out on some of the better things in life. looks like your friend has a great head on their shoulders......so just edify them. and maybe ya'll can look in the scripture togather.
We are close friends and have no differences whatsoever, actually I do not believe gambling is sin since after my own personal intense searches of the scriptures have revealed no verses which state that gambling is sin.

My friend and I prove one another often to insure we are walking in sincerity and obedience to Gods word, and we simply took this matter to prayer and were led to doa search, and thus far have found no evidecne to prove gambling to be sin.

But believe he and I will certainly submit to any scriptural evidence stating that gambling is sin.

I hope I haven't offended you or anyone else with anything that I have said here in this thread.

I don't believe I will apologize for speaking against islam though since it is a false religion filled with hate and extreme prejudice ......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Rose's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 236
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

I have read the many long posts over the past few days from fardon and I would have to agree with some of the other comments made that you are trying to insert your own agenda into each and every thread, that is, comments on Muslims and urging everyone to come to your web site, even when the thread is not about that topic.

There are some very interesting topics on this web site and it is so much nicer when personal agendas don't try to cloud the topics at hand. Rather than Pentacosal/Evangelist apologizing to you for insulting Islam maybe you should apologize to him for leading this (and other) threads astray.

Now, concerning the topic of this forum about gambling and thinking about all that has been said and bowing to those with much more bibical knowledge than I have, I have come to the conclusion that maybe gambling per se is not the sin (although an undesirable thing to do) but the EXCESS of gambling itself and where those excesses lead, that is the sin.

I am sure there are many bibical references addressing that topic. Just as homosexuality itself isn't the sin, only the practice of it that is (in my own opinion)--gambling may not be the sin, only when it becomes an excess in your life. Just a thought but maybe it has some merit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-24-2008, 01:44 PM
PentecostalEvangelist
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Now, concerning the topic of this forum about gambling and thinking about all that has been said and bowing to those with much more bibical knowledge than I have, I have come to the conclusion that maybe gambling per se is not the sin (although an undesirable thing to do) but the EXCESS of gambling itself and where those excesses lead, that is the sin.

I am sure there are many bibical references addressing that topic. Just as homosexuality itself isn't the sin, only the practice of it that is (in my own opinion)--gambling may not be the sin, only when it becomes an excess in your life. Just a thought but maybe it has some merit.
Still meaning no offense there are still no scriptures stating specifically that gambling is sin, while there are scriptures specifically stating homosexuality IS in fact sin.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
administrator's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Quote:
[Regarding fardon Post].... What are you talking about? Nothing you have said here has anything whatsoever to do with this thread!
Agreed, post has been removed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 AM
LewisM3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Since you are not looking for an opnion althought it looks like RevSteve has given his. No gambeling is not a "sin"...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-25-2008, 06:43 PM
gruvEdude
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Is wise gambling even encouraged?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM
PentecostalEvangelist
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvEdude View Post
In a sense I see your point, but it could just as easily be said that one might waste their money through unwise purchases of common merchandise.

Since I do all the cooking in our home, I do all the grocery shopping, but occassionally my wife will go with me, and she thinks she saves money by purchasing the always save, or other generic brands.

But when I show her the quality differences between the name brands and the generic brands she realizes that even though the prices may be lower buying the generic brands don't ever really save anyone any money at all.

I really don't believe Jesus was referring to gambling in the scriptures you provided.

I really believe Jesus was speaking about wise spending in general, and saving whenever and whereever possible.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-23-2020, 07:49 AM
Mark51's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 198
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentecostalEvangelist View Post
Ok I need Biblical evidence that unquestionably states that Gambling is a sin.

I do not need or want opinions as to why anyone feels like Gambling is a sin, or opinions as to why anyone feels like Gambling is wrong, or what Gambling causes.

I know Gambling (in some cases not all) causes problems in some peoples lives, but even these things are NOT proof that Gambling is a sin SO.....

Scripture please (preferably New testament)...

Thanks ( need to show to family member)


Yes, gambling is not directly addressed; however, there are indirect scriptural guidance provided for our benefit. Consider: Exodus 20:17; Proverbs 20:21; Isaiah 65:11, 12; Luke 12:15; Romans 12:2; 1 Corinthians 6:10; 10:24; Ephesians 5:35; 1 Timothy 3:8; 6:9, 10.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-23-2020, 08:44 AM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,738
Default Re: Gambling (sin?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
Yes, gambling is not directly addressed; however, there are indirect scriptural guidance provided for our benefit. Consider: Exodus 20:17; Proverbs 20:21; Isaiah 65:11, 12; Luke 12:15; Romans 12:2; 1 Corinthians 6:10; 10:24; Ephesians 5:35; 1 Timothy 3:8; 6:9, 10.
Does this fall under the old adage "All things in moderation"?
__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29