Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > How much more will we now be saved by His life?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:16 PM
BruceG

Default How much more will we now be saved by His life?

We as Christians say we walk the walk of faith, fight the good fight of faith, and yet, when if comes to becoming like Christ. when it involves overcoming sin and getting the victory over our flesh, I have found it far more accepted as correct doctrine to believe that we simply must "obey" and we find the weight back on our shoulders rather than the broad shoulders of our master

It really makes no sense when we think about it. Before Christ came, we were shut up from faith in Christ. We labored under the law, which never made any man perfect. All it could do is point to the fact that we were sinners. That was the point of the law. It was not meant to "fix" us. It lacked power. It was only the bringing in of a better hope, faith in Christ that did that.

So we are presented with salvation and are told to believe that Christ died for our sins and that if we will repent and confess Jesus as our Lord and believe we are forgiven of our sins, we are new creatures in Christ.

It is true. Guilt and condemnation fall off us as we realize God has nor become our Father and we receive the adoption of sons and daughters. God is a God of faith and it is that pathway that we walk to please Him, as we are told without faith it is impossible to please Him. When we bowed at the alter and believed, we did not wait to "feel" saved, or somehow see the handwriting of ordinances against us wiped away. We simply took God's word for it as truth and acted on it. And it was so.

Yet, now, once saved and children of God, as we have embarked on the walk of faith that leads to Heaven, we are told that the goal is that we walk freee of our old nature, that we be renewed in the spirit of our minds and that we put on the new man, created in righteousness and true holiness. So we do what we have been taught, we obey. Right? Well, more like we try to obey. And as before, we fail....

It makes no sense. We all admit we cannot obtain forgiveness by obedience. No matter how good we are, it is not good enough for God. The law, when we were unsaved, told us what to do but gave us no power to do it. We do not see that as Christians, nothing has been added to the law to somehow give us the ability to do the things we could not do before. Yet, we run back to what Paul called "weak and beggarly elements" to try to become obedient children, not understanding that without Him, we can do nothing, and that with Him, we can do all things. We need Him to be our source of power and to do that, just as in forgiveness and the new birth, it is by faith and faith alone.

Saints, if while we were sinners, we were freed from guilt by His death, how much more, we are told, shall we now, as dear children, now be saved by His life. Saved from what? Saved from sin!

You shall call His name Jesus for His shall save His people from their sins.

Christ has not now left us to work it out all by ourselves. He wants to abide IN us, working it out through us. HE wants to be the source of our power, but we must let Him and just as in the new birth, we do that by believing His words, His promises to us. How is this for a great one...

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit and you SHALL not fulfill the lusts of the flesh."

Faith is still the path that pleases God. One of the great promises for all Christians is that:

"God causes us to will AND TO DO of His good pleasure".

In Ezekiel 36, where the new covenant was clearly prophesied, God says

"...and I will CAUSE them to walk in my statues".

Saints, an obedient heart is one of the greatest promises in the entire New Covenant. Paul said this to the Galatians:

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

He follows this with a question:

Are you so follish, having begun in the spirit, are you now made perfect in the flesh?

Oh, yes, obedience to our Lord is still necessary, but praise God, God promises to even give us an obedient heart if we will but ask Him for it and believe He gives it just the way we believed for forgiveness.

God is waiting, longing to give you power to defeat the devil in every aspect of your life. Will you ask Him to day? Will you recieve His gift? Your walk, will never be the same.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:04 PM

Default Re: How much more will we now be saved by His life?

I accept the substance of what you have said. There are a lot of other voices preaching a different viewpoint and a spirit of condemnation working hard to keep people from believing in the gift of grace. But in the end it is a gift of grace.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!