Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > The World’s Lost and Found

Old 09-20-2020, 05:42 AM

Default The World’s Lost and Found

Who is it God says is truly, ‘lost’ in this world?

Already, within that question, is three differing subjects the lost can wrangle over each and every word, but God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ has given us the Spirit to both discuss and understand – lost are those whom have heard, but never received Him, those who received Him but became distracted and turned away from His love, mercy and grace,
For Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed to Thessalonica

(2 Timothy 4:10)
While there is great speculation over the rest of that verse that mentions two individuals; “Crescens” and “Titus”, has not the Spirit of the Almighty raised a foundational understanding above all theological controversy? One that is again confirmed in the first epistle of John,
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

(1 John 2:15)
These are by no means deep truths which have gone unknown, but flatly among the first things the new convert is advised against. But isn’t it so, the rising love of this present world is surfacing all around us in every corner, offensively corrupting these for example,
The Choice of Words
The Honor of Authority
The Love of One’s Country
The Vigilance of One’s Sport
The Singleness of the Entertainer’s Mind
The persuasion that the grace of God offers is to be cherished and nurtured. There is no doubt in my mind, God’s grace one day could have been found in all such occupations without being given and received as offensive!

The Giver magnificent, blesses accordingly as we have sown.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-10-2020, 01:55 AM

Default Re: The World’s Lost and Found

In general, where would Jesus be found within the flock of God? If the unlearned came in strapped with a hungry soul, how could he possibly find refuge in this Jesus he has heard many are convinced, grants her with an 'abundant life'??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2020, 04:19 AM

Default Re: The World’s Lost and Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
In general, where would Jesus be found within the flock of God? If the unlearned came in strapped with a hungry soul, how could he possibly find refuge in this Jesus he has heard many are convinced, grants her with an 'abundant life'??
What would I say? Well dear friend, this is no time to reach for fruit and finding none! This sinner may have come to the end of his time of eating with the swine and has turned in faith back to the light that shines in a dark place.

If my memory serves me correctly, the love of the Father stands ready for every sinner that turns as His love for us is illustrated in the story. Compassion moved the Father, he rose up and ran to meet his son in the lane and fell on his neck and kissed him and called for his servants to kill the fatted-calf and put a glorious robe on him and a ring on his finger and called for festivities of rejoicing to commence, for my son has come home, for he was once lost, but now he is found! Hallelujah!

But some still say, a sinner such as this? Ohh-but, how can this refusal of confidence end when there is so much more, so much faith to increase, so much to reap from what we have sown spiritually? This is absolutely to be expected dear one, I invite you to reconsider, the armor receives not finality, but a bearing up “now” from Him.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy

(Jude 1:24)

May heaven and earth not find any blemish of our fallenness as we, you and I, are brought through an ugly set of shortcomings, can indeed experience the Kingdom of God on earth. Otherwise, when the Apostle laid out the comparisons of this life, it is presented in a present life’s experience so much better,

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

(Romans 14:17)

Glory to the Lord Jesus for bringing us to this point which He only can fill!