Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Dr. Scott Hahn, Something New and Personal

Old 08-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Dr. Scott Hahn, Something New and Personal

The St. Paul Center is thrilled to announce a new series with Dr. Scott Hahn, brought to you in a more personal and relaxed setting, his home! Every other week, Dr. Hahn will be opening the Scriptures for us in focused ways to show us correlations between the Old and New Testaments and deepening our understanding of God’s Divine Plan for humanity throughout Salvation History. You’ll even be seeing Kimberly, Dr. Hahn’s talented wife, from time to time as together they share tips coming from their 40 years of marriage. We hope this series not only challenges you to deepen your understanding of the faith and the richness it offers, but also brings you much joy and hope along the way.

Yours,
The St. Paul Center

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 08-08-2020 at 05:58 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:30 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Dr. Scott Hahn, Something New and Personal

Typology

Scott Hahn has a new YouTube series! Dr. Hahn will be creating regular videos on a variety of topics—breaking down Scripture, both Old and New Testaments, to help bring further understanding to their significance. In today’s video, Dr. Hahn explains what typology is and how the evangelists deliberately present Jesus as a new Moses. We hope you’ll subscribe and click that notification bell so you don’t miss a video! Let us know in the comments what topics you’d like Dr. Hahn to cover!

SOCIAL:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaintPaulCenter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/saintpaulcenter
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stpaulcenter/

ABOUT SCOTT:
Dr. Scott Hahn is the founder and president of the St. Paul Center and has written numerous books on biblical theology. He holds the Father Michael Scanlan, T.O.R., Chair of Biblical Theology and the New Evangelization at Franciscan University of Steubenville, where he has taught since 1990. He and his wife, Kimberly, live in Steubenville, Ohio.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-27-2020, 07:55 PM
Knight of the Forum

How to Approach the Bible

Getting into scripture can be overwhelming and confusing! This week Dr. Hahn shares pointers from his own journey on how a simple change in mindset can help us approach scripture. Adopting a holy humility, admitting to the Lord what doesn't make sense, is the key. Dr. Hahn coins this as the holy "Huh??" This childlike honesty and intellectual simplicity opens up a new relationship with the Lord and allows Him to reveal his Word speaking to us.

Yours,
The St. Paul Center
https://stpaulcenter.com/

Old 08-29-2020, 12:02 PM

I clicked on the picture in the first post, and Dr Hahn's comment was about reading the Bible. His comments on Magic eye and hologram were puzzling. I decided to click on the St Paul center, and selected facebook, which said I should open a new account because Facebook will change in Sept to dark mode??? Could this be a scam? Do you understand this?
Old 08-29-2020, 01:46 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
I clicked on the picture in the first post, and Dr Hahn's comment was about reading the Bible. His comments on Magic eye and hologram were puzzling. I decided to click on the St Paul center, and selected facebook, which said I should open a new account because Facebook will change in Sept to dark mode??? Could this be a scam? Do you understand this?
I have to be honest, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't recall any comments on Magic eye and hologram. Which video was that?

I also clicked on the Facebook link and did not see what you see. Are you logged into a Facebook account?

Old 09-04-2020, 10:30 AM

I very much like Dr Hahn, and found the video How to approach the Bible interesting but much too fast for me. A second viewing was helpful, and I suppose I will come back to this again. I recommend it to all who don't read the Bible often.
Somehow, I find I can read the Bible very happily every day for a month or even several months, but then suddenly go a week or more without reading it. Why? The devil? That's a story for another day.
By a curious coincidence I found a Magic eye reference in Pinker's How the Mind Works (computer-generated 3D images). I think I'll just go direct to St Paul center.com and ignore Facebook unless I figure it out.
Many thanks for another great post.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:14 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
I very much like Dr Hahn, and found the video How to approach the Bible interesting but much too fast for me. A second viewing was helpful, and I suppose I will come back to this again. I recommend it to all who don't read the Bible often.
Somehow, I find I can read the Bible very happily every day for a month or even several months, but then suddenly go a week or more without reading it. Why? The devil? That's a story for another day.
By a curious coincidence I found a Magic eye reference in Pinker's How the Mind Works (computer-generated 3D images). I think I'll just go direct to St Paul center.com and ignore Facebook unless I figure it out.
Many thanks for another great post.
I suggest you read his book called "A Father who Keeps his Promises". It is a very good, easy, walk through the whole Bible.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:39 AM
Knight of the Forum

What Mother Angelica Taught Me About the Bible

In this week’s video, Dr. Hahn helps us approach Sacred Scripture in a fearless and childlike way. He encourages us to take God at his word in an unpretentious and humble way. Sharing anecdotes and lessons from his time spent on set with Mother Angelica, Dr. Hahn points out the importance of becoming saints, not scholars. Thanks for watching, and please don’t forget to subscribe and hit the notification bell to be updated on all our future videos!