Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Marian Apparations....

Old 07-20-2020, 08:14 PM

Default Marian Apparations....

I brought this up in another thread and discussion but it fell silent. I bring it up again for discussion and hopefully people will understand the significance of AND the messages that are brought forth from these apparations. Fatima, Lourdes and Our Lady of Guadeloupe come to mine.

I will leave "Divine Mercy" for another discussion....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-2020, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Marian Apparations....

Fatima, Lourdes, and Our Lady of Guadeloupe have been approved by the Church, but there are some apparitions that haven't received Vatican approval yet. One example is Our Lady of Medjugorje. Pope Francis approved the public pilgrimage for Our Lady of Medjugorje, but not public veneration. I believe it takes time for the Church to study and discern the authenticity of the apparition. What do you think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2020, 04:11 PM

Greetings Selene,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Fatima, Lourdes, and Our Lady of Guadeloupe have been approved by the Church, but there are some apparitions that haven't received Vatican approval yet. One example is Our Lady of Medjugorje. Pope Francis approved the public pilgrimage for Our Lady of Medjugorje, but not public veneration. I believe it takes time for the Church to study and discern the authenticity of the apparition. What do you think?
I believe that Mary died and is asleep in the dust of the earth awaiting the return of Jesus to resurrect her. Thus the apparitions are at best the imaginations of those who profess these sightings, and are part of the wrong teaching of the RCC concerning the present exaltation and role of Mary.

Kind regards
Trevor
Old 07-22-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter10652 View Post
I brought this up in another thread and discussion but it fell silent. I bring it up again for discussion and hopefully people will understand the significance of AND the messages that are brought forth from these apparations. Fatima, Lourdes and Our Lady of Guadeloupe come to mine.

I will leave "Divine Mercy" for another discussion....
There is a Marian apparition from Japan I believe also.
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorL View Post
Greetings Selene,I believe that Mary died and is asleep in the dust of the earth awaiting the return of Jesus to resurrect her. Thus the apparitions are at best the imaginations of those who profess these sightings, and are part of the wrong teaching of the RCC concerning the present exaltation and role of Mary.

Kind regards
Trevor
[b]WOW[b] I have never heard of that explanation!!!! So you are not familiar with the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary? Where might her remains be?

Strongly suggest that you look into...especially Fatima. Much evidence to prove her appearance did happen. All of the apparations carry significant weight as to there authenticity.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
There is a Marian apparition from Japan I believe also.
True....the blood from the statue...Our Lady of Akita.....once again there is evidence that something supernatural took place.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorL View Post
Greetings Selene,I believe that Mary died and is asleep in the dust of the earth awaiting the return of Jesus to resurrect her. Thus the apparitions are at best the imaginations of those who profess these sightings, and are part of the wrong teaching of the RCC concerning the present exaltation and role of Mary.

Kind regards
Trevor
Both the Catholics and Orthodox Christians believe that Mary was assumed into Heaven by her Son Jesus. Jesus would not allow His motherís body to rot in the earth.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:40 PM

Greetings again Selene,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Both the Catholics and Orthodox Christians believe that Mary was assumed into Heaven by her Son Jesus. Jesus would not allow His mother’s body to rot in the earth.
That is an interesting speculation. Was Mary the only person raised? What about the Apostles? What about Mary Magdelene? Once you start, how do you understand the error of Hymenaeus and Philetus:
2 Timothy 2:16–18 (KJV): 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Kind regards
Trevor
Old 07-22-2020, 11:42 PM

Mary is the only human who was assumed into heaven. All the apostle's except for St. John, who was with Jesus at his crucifixion died a marytr's death. John died of natural causes on an island where he had been exiled.

None of the apostle's other than John were with Jesus during his Passion. They were afraid and scared. Its only fitting that they died a martyr's death. Much has been said about Jesus on the cross and his words to his mother and to St. John. Very meaningful communication between the Lord, his mother and St. John that carries on to this day.

By the way...she was not raised from the dead....she was assumed into heaven and their she was crowned Queen of Heaven and of Earth.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:04 AM

Greetings drifter10652,
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter10652 View Post
Mary is the only human who was assumed into heaven. By the way...she was not raised from the dead....she was assumed into heaven and their she was crowned Queen of Heaven and of Earth.
How do you substantiate this, or prove this? God the Father is Lord or Ruler of heaven and earth Matthew 11:25. Does Mary supplant the role of God the Father or only share this? Is God the Father now married to Mary?

Kind regards
Trevor