Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Marian Apparations....

Old 07-24-2020, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Marian Apparations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
That is the same argument that a non-Christian would use against your Christian faith. Are you sure you want to use a faulty argument?
Unfortunately, some Christians do as evidence above. Have you also notice that Trevor omitted John 21:25 when he quoted me? The one who says it’s conjecture is the one who needs to prove it. You and I already know that the Holy Bible had always pointed to the Church as the pillar and foundation of the truth (1 Timothy 3:15).

Last edited by Selene : 07-24-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-25-2020, 02:08 AM

Greetings again Selene,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Unfortunately, some Christians do as evidence above. Have you also notice that Trevor omitted John 21:25 when he quoted me? The one who says its conjecture is the one who needs to prove it. You and I already know that the Holy Bible had always pointed to the Church as the pillar and foundation of the truth (1 Timothy 3:15).
I certainly do not consider that John 21:25 opens the door to allow the many differences and additions of doctrine and practise that are evident in the RCC today. The Bible as it stands is sufficient to teach and understand the faith once for all delivered by Jesus and the Apostles.
Jude 3 (KJV): Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jude 3 (NASB95): Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.
Jude 3 (ESV): (Judgment on False Teachers) Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.
Galatians 1:89 (KJV): 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Kind regards
Trevor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-25-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorL View Post
Greetings again Selene, I certainly do not consider that John 21:25 opens the door to allow the many differences and additions of doctrine and practise that are evident in the RCC today.
You need to support what you say when you stated that the Catholics added the doctrine of the Assumption. I, on the other hand, can prove to you that the Assumption was a belief that goes all the way back to the first century and was a belief held by the Early Church.

Quote:
The Bible as it stands is sufficient to teach and understand the faith once for all delivered by Jesus and the Apostles.

Kind regards
Trevor
The Bible didn't drop from the sky. It didn't gather itself and put itself together on its own. Someone put it together. Someone decided which books were inspired and which ones were not. Also, you cannot just pick and choose the scripture you want to believe and ignore the rest.

The Bible has been telling you that Jesus did things that were not written in the Bible (John 21:25). That is something you shouldn't omit when you quoted me. If anything, that alone should at least raise your curiosity as to what those things Jesus did that were not written in the Bible, and maybe do some research on it as someone under this thread pointed out. The Early Christians wrote many letters during the first, second, and third century and so one, and those writings gave historians an insight of what the Early Church was like and what the environment and time was like. In fact, even some of the Jewish writings of the first century can give us an insight because some of them wrote about what they saw in terms of the Christians being persecuted by the pagans.

It is true that the Bible is authoritative because it's the inerrant word of God. But the Bible has also been telling you that the Church is ALSO authoritative because it is the pillar and foundation of the truth (1 Timothy 3:15). And if all you have is the Bible to go by and no church, then there is something seriously wrong because the Bible often speaks of the Church. A bible without a Church is useless, and a Church without a Bible is also useless.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:47 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorL View Post
Greetings again Selene, I certainly do not consider that John 21:25 opens the door to allow the many differences and additions of doctrine and practise that are evident in the RCC today.....
Your post is evidence that you really don't understand Catholic doctrine. If you did you would know that we have "added" nothing. All Catholic doctrine is authentic development from what the apostles taught. I suggest you read "An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine" by John Henry Cardinal Newman. In it he explains the difference between "inventing" doctrine, which is what you do, and the authentic development of doctrine, which is what we believe. LINK

Also, your post indicates that you have a jumbled conception of the Bible, the Word of God, and revelation, and seem to have blurred the lines between them all.

Word of God: The Word of God is Jesus. The Word of God lives and it is not a dead letter in a book. "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us"

Divine Revelation: What you tend to refer to as the Word of God is correctly called Divine Revelation, which means everything God has revealed to man through the prophets, the written Word, and Jesus. One of your biggest misconceptions is that Divine Revelation comes to us through the Bible alone. It does not. It comes to us in written and oral form. Everything that Jesus said, and everything the apostles taught or wrote is Divine Revelation.

The Bible is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit. But it is not everything God has said to man.

Now, you show me in the Bible where the Bible says that the Bible is the only source of "God's Word." After all, IF the Bible is the only source of God's Word as you say it is the the Bible MUST say that it is. Show me.

Franciscan University Presents: How to Read the Bible

Join Host Fr. Michael Scanlan, panelists Dr. Regis Martin and Dr. Michael Sirilla, and special guest Dr. Scott Hahn, Professor of Biblical Theology at Franciscan University of Steubenville, as they discuss ways that ordinary people can understand Sacred Scripture. Christianity is not a religion of the book like Judaism or Islam, Christianity is a religion of the Word JESUS!

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 07-25-2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:01 AM
Knight of the Forum

The most famous apparition was so widely accepted that Hollywood made a blockbuster movie about it: The Song of Bernadette.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II