Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Divine Mercy...

Old 05-09-2020, 12:38 AM

Default Divine Mercy...

Anybody familiar with it? I am 67 and have known about it for about 10 to 12 years...very important part of my religious life. Knowledge of it came at a crucial juncture of my life and I am forever grateful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-2020, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Divine Mercy...

I am a simple man, not prone to know about words that have been configured by man to mean things, even if those things are good. For me, divine mercy is simple what the two words separately mean joined together, mercy or forgiveness presented to us by the Divine which is God. It can be the mercy shown by God to us, or a gift from God to have greater mercy toward our fellow man.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Knight of the Forum

QUOTE:

Sister Faustina was a young, uneducated nun in a convent of the Congregation of Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy in Poland during the 1930s. She came from a poor family that struggled during the years of World War I. She had only three years of simple education, so hers were the humblest tasks in the convent, usually in the kitchen or garden. However, she received extraordinary revelations — or messages — from our Lord Jesus. Jesus asked Sr. Faustina to record these experiences, which she compiled into notebooks. These notebooks are known today as the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska, and the words contained within are God's loving message of Divine Mercy.

Though the Divine Mercy message is not new to the teachings of the Church, Sr. Faustina's Diary sparked a great movement, and a strong and significant focus on the mercy of Christ. Saint John Paul II canonized Sr. Faustina in 2000 making her the "first saint of the new millennium." Speaking of Sr. Faustina and the importance of the message contained in her Diary, the Pope called her "the great apostle of Divine Mercy in our time."

Today, we continue to rely of St. Faustina as a constant reminder of the message to trust in Jesus' endless mercy, and to live life mercifully toward others. We also turn to her in prayer and request her intercession to our merciful Savior on our behalf............

https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/stfaustina

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 05-09-2020, 08:12 PM

Spot on CC...one item that you mentioned really should jump out to people who are not familiar with Divine Mercy. CC eluded to it in the first sentence of the 2nd paragraph. It is not new to the teachings of the catholic church. It was AND is Jesus' calling FOR ALL people no matter what faith you are. Especially for those who chose not to follow the way of the Lord (lifestyle).

There are several matters that I would like to bring forth to the board but because I am relatively new I don't pass the "grit test". LOL Not for sure how many posts I need to have before I can. Maybe CC can provide some insight (he has the ability to post links)...from his post it tells me he is aware of it and the extent of it for mankind.

Getting to the core of Jesus' message its all about coming to the Lord. Especially those who have harden hearts and live a lifestyle of sin. He extends his hand of mercy at a critical time for the day of judgement is fast approaching mankind. When that happens the hand of mercy will no longer be there....but the hand of justice will rain down on mankind.

Saint Faustina made her spiritual director aware of the apparitions that she was having. He instructed her, as well as Jesus to write down comments he gave to her. He wanted her to spread his word to all....for all to have the chance of redemption. He referenced her as his secratary....

The diary is (what I have) a paperback book about 2 inches thick. Soooooo many times Jesus tells Saint Faustina that he is offering mankind "oceans" of mercy for those who come to him. He places emphasis for mankind to "[b]TRUST IN THE LORD[b]. He provides her with a short pray that has emphasis of his passion. Short prayer (Divine Mercy Chaplet) and its said while using the beads of the rosary.

I will stop here...hopefully you will do a search on Divine Mercy and see for yourself exactly what it entails. There have been many, many, many miracles attributed to Divine Mercy.

One last thing I would hope someone would answer for me please. How many posts do I need to make before I can link information.

Everybody...have a safe and fruitful weekend!!!

May the good Lord be with us and bless us all!!
Old 05-10-2020, 08:35 AM

I remember that there is a certain number of posts you have to make before you can put in links, cant remember the actual count. It was set up to keep businesses or such from posting links, that just want to advertise their product, and not really be a part of the forum. I could guess at 50, but I am not sure. I would try and post a link, about every 10 posts, just to tell.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:59 AM
Knight of the Forum

Yes, you have to post a certain amount of posts to make a link.

Yes, Divine Mercy is about coming to the lord.

Quote:
. . . . its all about coming to the Lord. Especially those who have harden hearts and live a lifestyle of sin. . . . .
They say that was the sin of Judas, thinking that his sin was so bad that he could not be forgiven. Some say that is also the so-called "unpardonable sin", denying the power of the Holy Spirit to forgive your sin. Or in other words, a lack of faith in the power of forgiveness. Divine Mercy is about the power of forgiveness.

This might be the version you have?

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 05-10-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:48 PM

Yes...learned about the sin against the Holy Ghost just a few years ago. That sin, as I read the passage that heaven and earth will not forgive. Had to do a quick check on myself over the years...come out negative...lol