Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Jesus Came to Serve

Old 04-27-2020, 03:56 AM

Default Jesus Came to Serve

We are told, Jesus came to serve,
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

(Mark 10:45)
Was dying for mankind the extent of that service?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Jesus Came to Serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Was dying for mankind the extent of that service?

"Dying" was only the beginning

His eternal sacrifice serves all who seek his kingdom.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-29-2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
"Dying" was only the beginning

His eternal sacrifice serves all who seek his kingdom.
Rich, so rich. But first He came and called us "friends".
Old 04-29-2020, 08:00 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Rich, so rich. But first He came and called us "friends".
True, He called us friends. Then he said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Then he did.

Then he took it back up again.

In other threads I have mentioned that God exists outside of time, that there is no past or future for God, that he sees all time at once. Because of that, Christ's sacrifice and resurrection are not past events for God, but rather they are all there before God, eternally, in the eternal "now" (for lack of better words).

That is how his sacrifice continues to serve because for God, it has not stopped: It is eternally before His eyes.

Revelation 5: " . . . Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” 3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. 4 I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. 5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits[a] of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. 8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people"

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 04-29-2020, 08:02 PM
Knight of the Forum

Woe is me that you don't see how this ties in with the Mass. But I won't derail your thread.