Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

Old 04-23-2020, 08:25 AM
Suspended for Review

Default why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

My husband and I were both raised in nudist families and we raised our kids (boy and girl) in the nudist lifestyle and when we were in our 20s we thought that by the time we were approaching our 60s (which we are now) that society would have a more open minded to nudity and even public nudity. It seems that the Christian Church has an even more negative reaction to nudity than society as a whole and we would argue that the use of clothing hide the human body because of shame is even non-Biblical. Clothing to protect the body is understandable and useful of course. Over the years we (and our family) have been on hundreds of clothing optional and nude beaches, parks and resort, my husband and myself have been even naked in public situations and it seems like the people who are walking by (repeatedly), staring and taking pictures are the people that are wearing the clothes. Somehow, I think they are the ones that are making the most negative comments as well.
Like I said, we are experienced nudist and are interested in getting the thoughts of others on here and we are more than willing to answer any questions that you may have to more enlighten everyone on the nudist lifestyle and how it might relate to our Christian life and brothers and sisters. BTW, one question that I will answer because people always think that nudist are swingers and that is NOT the case. Anyway, please be safe and health out there and hope to hear what you have to say.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2020, 09:52 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

Regardless of what some people say, America is still a Christian country with Judeo-Christian values and ethics. Perhaps not as much as it use to be, but still mostly so. We generally don't want to see people naked or have our children see people naked. Its just a matter of common decency, and probably some health reasons too.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Suspended for Review

thanks CatholicCrusader for your thoughts on what many think is a taboo subject, I respect you for that. As a Christian (like you) my husband and I wish you were right, however most Christian only consider themselves that by name only. A very good Priest friend our ours once told us that he wished people would not use the Church as a House of prostitution. AKA, when they have a need (wedding, funeral, baptism, etc) they come knocking on the door, otherwise you don't see them around.
Anyway, to your point, I (and many other) do not want to see violence on TV, but yet it is all over the place. I choose not to look (or pay to see it), I don't choose to take the rights away from other who wish to see it. Your "children" argument falls short because anyone knows that young children desire to be naked and don't care if others see them. The only reason they become to think it is wrong is because adults who don't accept nudity tell them that it is wrong over and over again until (they too) become ashamed of their naked bodies. We raised our two kids as nudists and now as adults they are very comfortable and well adjusted whether they have clothes on or not.
Again, thanks for your opinions and we respect what you are saying.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:40 PM
Knight of the Forum

This is interesting , when God created man and woman they were naked and were not ashamed . But when they took or ate the forbidden fruit, there eyes were opened to good and evil and they saw they were naked and they were ashamed.

The Bible says naked we come into the world naked shall we leave.

In Hebrews 4: 13 all things are naked to God.

Up to now man is still fallen and even those who turned to Jesus still has to contend with the flesh.

Even Jesus says why worry about what we will wear... but in our case for now it is safer and advisable to have clothes.

ped
Old 04-23-2020, 07:21 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
This is interesting , when God created man and woman they were naked and were not ashamed . But when they took or ate the forbidden fruit, there eyes were opened to good and evil and they saw they were naked and they were ashamed.

The Bible says naked we come into the world naked shall we leave.

In Hebrews 4: 13 all things are naked to God.

Up to now man is still fallen and even those who turned to Jesus still has to contend with the flesh.

Even Jesus says why worry about what we will wear... but in our case for now it is safer and advisable to have clothes.

ped

You say it is interesting until you are on a city bus in San Francisco and some naked weirdo sits next to you and the cops won't do anything because its actually legal there. Nice for the kids.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 04-24-2020, 07:17 AM
Suspended for Review

It is interesting that people miss that Adam and Eve were ashamed of their nakedness and not God. I have had oversized boobs since my teens and because of boys making stupid comments and girls making jealous comments, I found myself ashamed of my body and hating my big boobs. In time I learned to love the body that God had given me and now it seems the boys have turned to men and the stupid comments have turned to stares and the girls have turned to women who are jealous that their husbands are staring. The point being, those people are both Christians and non Christians and that behavior would still be there whether there was a Bible or not.
Also, people can't smoke or drink on a city bus and I would not suggest getting onto a bus naked either.
I do have a question thou....Why is it that when women see another woman that is well endowed, they make negative comments and when men see another man that is well endowed they give him the "HIGH 5" and say "nice equipment"?
Old 04-24-2020, 08:49 PM

However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven. As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly. Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly, , , Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
(1 Corinthians 15:46-49, Romans 8:5)
Hello ‘Couple’! I’m sure you can tell if you’ve spent any time spanning the site and noticed all there is, most every stripe of Christianity and false Christianity. Please don’t be offended, there are some heated times around here, but that is because of what happens when we come to Christ and put on His “new nature”.

I would like to extend the invitation even further, to love the Lord and one another and together, we grow in His grace.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:38 AM
Suspended for Review

thanks prys for the nice welcome and heads up, however we are pretty hard to offend and no to o afraid of open discussions.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareacouple View Post
thanks prys for the nice welcome and heads up, however we are pretty hard to offend and no to o afraid of open discussions.
Thanks for the reply, , I don't doubt you are capable for discussion, but, you didn't exactly give an amen to those things I referred to. You do understand them I am quite sure, then you must think they somehow are non-applicable for us today?
Old 04-25-2020, 03:16 PM
Suspended for Review

Prys. my question would be what does not wearing clothes (or wearing them) have anything to do with living in the flesh? It is not if our bodies are naked or not, it is what we do with our bodies. Would you say that people who are a slave to food are or are not living in the flesh? Last summer I was sunbathing topless in our back yard and a guy we know stopped by and we talked for about a half hour and when brought him a second beer when I bent over and handed it to him, he reached up with both hands and grabbed a big boob in each hand and he was fully clothed. SO, you would say that I was wrong by being topless and he dis no wrong because he was fully clothed.