Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

Old 04-25-2020, 05:33 PM

Default Re: why is public nudity still seen as a negative behavior??

We are called to not only not sin, but to not encourage others to sin through our lack of modesty. When you go topless, that encourages others to think lustfully towards you (for guys mostly), and even if you can defend yourself against unwanted advances, you are stiring up lust in others. Do you think thats okay?
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-2020, 06:58 PM
Suspended for Review

Hi Soulheart3 and thanks for your thoughts (and question) on the subject. First off, I would have to say pretty much anything brings out lustful thoughts and actions with most guys LOL. I am kidding however would you agree that I am mostly right? I used to know someone (a guy) that was very attracted to women's small feet (yea, I don't get it either) so should all women now start wearing army boots because this guy gets turned on with our bare feet. I myself think guys wearing nice suits are very attractive however I don't think guys should start dressing in sweet pants because of my lustful thoughts. To answer your question, if I am actively flirting with a guy and rubbing against him and then he returns the rubbing and I shut him down, yes I would agree that it is wrong. However women are not responsible for the actions of men if they are turned on by looking at out body, naked or not. The modesty that Jesus was talking about was wearing over expensive clothing and gem stones, he never said anything about nudity in that verse.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-2020, 07:20 PM
Suspended for Review

BTW, I am visiting my sister tonight (she might join the forum too) and my husband is at home, does anyone know if my husband and I can be on here at the same time even though we are at different location. I guess we can try it and see if it works. Hopefully no one cares if my sister and I are having a few drinks since we have not seen each other in awhile.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:51 AM

“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are, ,lewdness”

Galatians 5:19
The Lord’s blessed women are recognized as discreet, chaste “ The ‘expulsive power of the new affection” This is clearly seen in Titus 2:3-5.

Yours is not unique, we have seen this sort before. Care must never fall from everyone’s determination when dealing with God’s will seen in His word,
"Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and", ,“put it into practice."

Luke 11:28, 8:21
This care recognizes the old man from the new, a new life of godliness (2 Pet 1:3). When the word of God itself forewarned us of the possibility to twist scriptures to justify something not good, we should be open to reason, forsake and deny (Eph 4:9, Titus 2:12) it and return to that wholesome discretion God placed before us.

They didn’t call it the good fight of faith for nothing! But you, like so many others before have an agenda not driven by God’s word which describes well that fight. Yours is one determined to discredit even the next fifty references describing God’s will and would still insist on corruption. We thought you might just love the Lord with us. Praying.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:32 AM
Suspended for Review

so you say my husband and I are not Christians because we are nudists
Old 04-26-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareacouple View Post
so you say my husband and I are not Christians because we are nudists
It is entirely appropriate to forward that sort to the living God who already responded,
Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother.

Mark 3:35
Old 04-26-2020, 07:05 AM
Suspended for Review

I am sorry but I guess I am not following you Prys

WOW I just noticed that my husband posted a thread during the night
Old 04-26-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I am sorry but I guess I am not following you Prys
The usual response is to begin to reduce the importance of the scriptures, and somehow begin to treat it as some kind of game. But I know you are above that. Because it is no game, but God's will for his people to acknowledge. Most importantly, it was all given by God - the Holy Spirit spoken to us through His word.

So, when we see His will described in post 14 from the references of Galatians 5:19 (among others), these are still proceeding to us today from the very will of God.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:40 AM
Suspended for Review

Yes I agree that the Scriptures are not a game. I just fail to read in them that Jesus has a big issue with nudity. Yes, I will admit that our nudity has put us in positions where men (and some women) lose the ability to control their actions and we both have had to give into their demands just to keep from getting into even more uncomfortable situations. But wouldn't you say that is more their sin than ours? Most recently, we were at a beach and my husband walked back to the car to get something and 3 guys approached him and had there way with him orally and anally.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Yes I agree that the Scriptures are not a game. I just fail to read in them that Jesus has a big issue with nudity.
Well then like it or not the game has just begun lest you begin to refrain. We know where Jesus had a problem with it because I just referenced where the problem with it is, and it is not talking about controlling lust (post-14).

Its crunch time, will that signal a continuation or end to the game?