Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Covid-19

Old 03-15-2020, 11:13 PM

Default Covid-19

How's everyone doing? Staying safe? Remember keep the faith and never give up. Here is a good video on how Christians should respond:

Summary: Matt (the ten minute Bible hour) talks about how to respond to what is going on. Romans 12 says a lot about this and he reads and talks about it. Not everyone will agree with him of course but I can say I am very guilty of what he talks about. In fact I am sorry to all if I have not been a better contributor here and caused any stress, fear and just been a complete jerk.
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Last edited by whitetiger : 03-15-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-2020, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Covid-19

Before I offer my take on this situation, I would like to thank you for the video. It was after all a sound image of goodness we would be happier folk if we could just maintain like posture.

But that is where the problem lies, true, the Church is not to be overcome, but, I now find myself reassessing whether we are on the verge of fulfilling that other spoken timeframe,

I must work the works of Him
who sent Me while it is day;
the night is coming
when no one can work.

John 9:4

What do I mean by this? Well. At what other point in time are the strings of control being seen pulled so precisely? Why do I think it is someone wanting control? Well, I’m much like the gentleman in the video, with this exception, I’m not worked up at all. This is an all out manufactured crisis.

If he would follow his own logic a little closer of not knowing who to trust, just try and salvage societal trust, he would have pinned a little more question towards this media driven monstrosity.

Okay then, so we don’t possess 100% truth anywhere. I understand. I therefore pin my highest scrupulous approval on the CDC, being made up of marred repute, is still public, which begs an answer why the sharp imbalance of concern.

Lets use their figures that compare the typical seasonal flu virus, vs, the coronavirus,

Out of the typical flu season of 2018-2019, of the confirmed cases within the U.S., gave way to 34,000 deaths. For this past season up to March 16th, we have had 22,000 deaths. With all this coverage stating levels reaching “pandemic” coronavirus proportions, we in the U.S. barely have 70 deaths to report.

Are we expected to tow this line of garbage?

Don't expect me to comment further on "work", those acts entail real-time remedies to the glory of God by His Spirit.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:36 PM

It is going to get much worse, a virus the Chinese government weaponized. 155 dead and over 3000 with it. This not something to sneeze at (forgive the pun). God seems to be fine with it happening by not taking it away and keeping it cold
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:13 AM

Huh? “Worse”? If you have information saying this, why didn’t you post that instead of a fear-reducing video?

WHO Director Made BASIC MATH ERROR in Causing Global Coronavirus Panic?

Old 03-20-2020, 09:20 PM

They say it almost everyday on the news, just tune in to the briefings. That is why in Ca here and over in NY we and they are to shelter in place so it doesn't get worse.

The WHO I found out are pretty much in China's pocket because they give them so much money so I no doubt they made errors, a lot of them
Old 03-21-2020, 05:11 AM

Quite possible on WHO sir! On the other hand, this is what I find myself dealing with, I don’t fully buy Rush Limbaugh’s ‘It’s just a cold’ factor. It is a strain of the common cold and can host someone without symptoms but transfer from that person to others. In yesterday’s press conference, I was certain I heard the president say, the rate of contagion spread was much lower that what was first determined.

The wife and I are close friend’s w/a Chinese lady over here doing some doctorate work. She has an interesting take on what happened in Italy. She says many wealthy Chinese have taken up residence in Italy. What struck us was her point of timing. This all hit around the Chinese New Year festivities. Her guess is those wealthy Chinese came back to celebrate (which is like our Christmas) and then returned to Italy.

That didn’t exactly sound too far out of the realm of possibilities. Getting back to the POTUS virus-team latest rate of spread think it’s safe to assume 3+% more transferable than our seasonal-flu.

Admittedly, couple this with that factor of it being so elusive, here are the three things we have gathered,

One, the nearest reports of those runaway pockets of spreading everyone fears, is in Ohio, like hundreds of miles from us.

Two, yes, both of us and several of our acquaintances we know have experienced the flu bug this year unlike ever being experienced before. Two-to-three times nasal flow and four-to-five times fatigue.

Three, the one biggest pockets of contagion out there are those flames shooting out snaring souls otherwise minding their own level of logic. Fever pitch doesn’t help the populace trying to settle in on accuracy.

Last edited by pryz : 03-21-2020 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Quite possible on WHO sir! On the other hand, this is what I find myself dealing with, I don’t fully buy Rush Limbaugh’s ‘It’s just a cold’ factor. It is a strain of the common cold and can host someone without symptoms but transfer from that person to others. In yesterday’s press conference, I was certain I heard the president say, the rate of contagion spread was much lower that what was first determined.

The wife and I are close friend’s w/a Chinese lady over here doing some doctorate work. She has an interesting take on what happened in Italy. She says many wealthy Chinese have taken up residence in Italy. What struck us was her point of timing. This all hit around the Chinese New Year festivities. Her guess is those wealthy Chinese came back to celebrate (which is like our Christmas) and then returned to Italy.

That didn’t exactly sound too far out of the realm of possibilities. Getting back to the POTUS virus-team latest rate of spread think it’s safe to assume 3+% more transferable than our seasonal-flu.

Admittedly, couple this with that factor of it being so elusive, here are the three things we have gathered,

One, the nearest reports of those runaway pockets of spreading everyone fears, is in Ohio, like hundreds of miles from us.

Two, yes, both of us and several of our acquaintances we know have experienced the flu bug this year unlike ever being experienced before. Two-to-three times nasal flow and four-to-five times fatigue.

Three, the one biggest pockets of contagion out there are those flames shooting out snaring souls otherwise minding their own level of logic. Fever pitch doesn’t help the populace trying to settle in on accuracy.
How do you conclude? Mine, yes there is something there, but was prudence justified the day they shut down a country for a mere 50-deaths? Should logic be shut down for risking that spread, that's you and me and the media advancing front and backdoor alarm. The temptation to fatally risk financial or natural lives.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:09 PM

Well I think this is the right move for now because both me and my wife are among the venerable. After all this is over maybe a different story
Old 03-25-2020, 07:13 AM
Knight of the Forum

I'm not sick yet.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 03-25-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I'm not sick yet.
I am glad to hear