Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Journey to God

Old 01-23-2020, 04:27 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Journey to God

Journey to God

Which way will give us better chances to God ? what does the Bible say ? what does your church believe ? will it be possible to discuss this without arguing ?
Let us see how far can we go .

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-24-2020, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Journey to God

Since we are already brought nigh by the blood of Christ, you must be directing the bases of your question towards the process of sanctification.

You brought up “arguing”. I happen to believe one area towards maturity includes our association with other Christians, that also includes communication. You recall how Peter and Paul put it,
"Do everything without complaining or arguing,"

“, , always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect”
The one area that seems to have slipped from care is that of “debate” (Rom 1:29), or being bolstered by it till it serves to spoil that “gentleness”. This isn’t the type of debate Fr Harry L. used to describe as “healthy”, I’m quite certain.

But then, since you no longer respond to my posts, something else may have set you on edge? I give up.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-24-2020, 11:13 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Since we are already brought nigh by the blood of Christ, you must be directing the bases of your question towards the process of sanctification.

You brought up “arguing”. I happen to believe one area towards maturity includes our association with other Christians, that also includes communication. You recall how Peter and Paul put it,
"Do everything without complaining or arguing,"

“, , always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect”
The one area that seems to have slipped from care is that of “debate” (Rom 1:29), or being bolstered by it till it serves to spoil that “gentleness”. This isn’t the type of debate Fr Harry L. used to describe as “healthy”, I’m quite certain.

But then, since you no longer respond to my posts, something else may have set you on edge? I give up.

Mike,

I apologize for not responding to your posts because of my slowness in understanding some of your posts. Let me restart our communication and see if I can follow this time.

Let me thank you for responding to this post. At the present time I am still learning about our journey to God. You mentioned sanctification which for me is part of the journey.

Our journey will take us anywhere we are to our desired destination ( eternal life with God). Our journey in earthly terms will take road map, mode of transportation, fuel, etc. We are aware that Christianity is composed of many denominations and etc, , etc.

I really do not know exactly where to start, but my view is Jesus Christ entails the whole or most of our journey.

Let me pause here for now and see your understanding and response.

ped
Old 01-24-2020, 02:23 PM

Both of you are very hard (for me) to interpret. I hope you can be patient and help each other write more clearly. Ped, in this thread, can you clarify what you mean by to God?
Am I right to assume you mean Heaven? Or could you mean forgiveness, either from baptism or confession or another Sacrament? I imagine, less likely I suppose,. you could mean communion with God, or vision of Him. Or a Revelation?
Old 01-24-2020, 05:57 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
Both of you are very hard (for me) to interpret. I hope you can be patient and help each other write more clearly. Ped, in this thread, can you clarify what you mean by to God?
Am I right to assume you mean Heaven? Or could you mean forgiveness, either from baptism or confession or another Sacrament? I imagine, less likely I suppose,. you could mean communion with God, or vision of Him. Or a Revelation?
Eschator83, what I mean by" to God" is when we will see Him face to face, when we will have eternal life and live with God as He promised in the Bible. That could be in heaven, in paradise. In a place where He will not tell the people , depart from me you workers of iniquity. That could mean our Lord Jesus Christ have returned to earth and separated the sheep from the goats and have executed judgment.

The point is where people say they arrived or made it. The question is how they arrived , by what method ?

The place I am referring to is a place of everlasting bliss and not eternal torment.

ped
Old 01-25-2020, 05:24 PM
Knight of the Forum

He's back!! Happy New Year

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 01-25-2020, 09:29 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
He's back!! Happy New Year
Terry, with that I am guessing you are referring to me. Well it was a pleasant surprise. I thank you and I hope we will have a fruitful discussion.

It is really a hard feeling when it comes to disagreement but it does happen because it is natural for us to be passionate with our beliefs but it will turn out for good when we pray and are open to truth and willing to search and seek the truth.

ped
Old 01-26-2020, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Mike,

I apologize for not responding to your posts because of my slowness in understanding some of your posts. Let me restart our communication and see if I can follow this time.

Let me thank you for responding to this post. At the present time I am still learning about our journey to God. You mentioned sanctification which for me is part of the journey.

Our journey will take us anywhere we are to our desired destination ( eternal life with God). Our journey in earthly terms will take road map, mode of transportation, fuel, etc. We are aware that Christianity is composed of many denominations and etc, , etc.

I really do not know exactly where to start, but my view is Jesus Christ entails the whole or most of our journey.

Let me pause here for now and see your understanding and response.

ped
Ped, thanks for the response and apology, I hope to be like-minded towards you too!

After seeing your subsequent responses, I don’t think I was amiss in responding to you as some might conclude, seeing you correctly responded over my “sanctification”.

But then more to your benefit, since as you say everything involved in this journey is so all-encompassing, Paul, after giving a list of how we ought to live, whittled-down the enormity in a more concise approach. As we are all aware,
“, , whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, , giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Col 3:17, Eph 5:20)
How else, but this cumulative process of that Journey

So I don’t exactly agree how our comments should be the cause of eschator’s or anyone’s lack of comprehension! Since in times-past on this forum, this award of poor grammar I have been repeatedly coined with for so long, I think I have at least a small area to say in my defense, , have you ever noticed , , whenever the call for redefining oneself goes out, how you never see any suggested hint of rebellion that may also be at work? That the accusation of lack and that trait are never served consecutively?

Well I find that interesting, as I myself am not innocent of it, at least I am free enough to admit, thank God, it is the integrity of sound doctrine that does guide my convictions/conclusions.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:00 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Ped, thanks for the response and apology, I hope to be like-minded towards you too!

After seeing your subsequent responses, I don’t think I was amiss in responding to you as some might conclude, seeing you correctly responded over my “sanctification”.

But then more to your benefit, since as you say everything involved in this journey is so all-encompassing, Paul, after giving a list of how we ought to live, whittled-down the enormity in a more concise approach. As we are all aware,
“, , whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, , giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Col 3:17, Eph 5:20)
How else, but this cumulative process of that Journey

So I don’t exactly agree how our comments should be the cause of eschator’s or anyone’s lack of comprehension! Since in times-past on this forum, this award of poor grammar I have been repeatedly coined with for so long, I think I have at least a small area to say in my defense, , have you ever noticed , , whenever the call for redefining oneself goes out, how you never see any suggested hint of rebellion that may also be at work? That the accusation of lack and that trait are never served consecutively?

Well I find that interesting, as I myself am not innocent of it, at least I am free enough to admit, thank God, it is the integrity of sound doctrine that does guide my convictions/conclusions.

Thanks Mike/ Michael. I believe we are in agreement at this point. You soundly quoted :, whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, , giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”[/i] (Col 3:17, Eph 5:20)

I believe most or all Christians will agree on this but the question is how can we accomplish that ? is that by our own power or initiative ? or help from above ?

In John 15:5 Our Lord Jesus said I am the vine , you are the branches. He who abides in Me , and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

I am going by what John 15:5 says. Again how do we know we abide in Him and He abides in us ?

John 15:7 says If you abide in Me and My words abide in you...

At this point, we are told to have the words of Jesus and I believe reading the Holy Bible can help every Christian with that.

Let me pause here.

ped
Old 01-26-2020, 10:45 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Journey to God

Which way will give us better chances to God ? what does the Bible say ? what does your church believe ? will it be possible to discuss this without arguing ?
Let us see how far can we go .

ped
Not to be corny but the title of the website is the answer: True to Yourself. If someone thinks something is a sin, even if it is not, they are sinning by doing that thing. Likewise, if someone does not realize that a sin actually is a sin, God will take that into account. Violation of "conscience" is huge.

It is important to study and know right from wrong, and we all have different opinions on that score, but remember that not everyone is able to do so. Some people live in mud huts and have no books, or some folks cannot read & write so they cannot study, some live in horrible places that denies them access to information, or whatever... ....these people must respond to whatever light God gives them. By responding correctly to God's grace they may go to heaven.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II