Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Journey to God

Old 02-12-2020, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Journey to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Government of Gog ? is that a typo ?

ped
Should say Government of God
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-12-2020, 08:59 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
I don't doubt it's your first time hearing this, most don't care bout the historical truth just there own ideas they get from Scripture
It seems you already prejudged me. Anyway I look at what you wrote and it is a belief by Eastern Orthodox. One comment said there is no scientific evidence for that claim. The book of Acts which is written by Luke made no mention of image and icons except images of Diana . The book of Revelation written by John made word description of vision of Jesus Christ. Did anybody made a painting of that at that time ?

If everyone looks at the historical church they will also see the Old Testament where praises are already practiced in Psalms and triumphal entry of Jesus Christ which was greeted with celebration.

Just engaging in open discussion.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
It seems you already prejudged me. Anyway I look at what you wrote and it is a belief by Eastern Orthodox. One comment said there is no scientific evidence for that claim. The book of Acts which is written by Luke made no mention of image and icons except images of Diana . The book of Revelation written by John made word description of vision of Jesus Christ. Did anybody made a painting of that at that time ?
What I said was that Christ was the first image and icon in Christianity and St. Luke painted the first icon. The problem is your disbelief is so strong that you reject anything not in your wheelhouse of "Christianity"

Quote:
If everyone looks at the historical church they will also see the Old Testament where praises are already practiced in Psalms and triumphal entry of Jesus Christ which was greeted with celebration.

Just engaging in open discussion.

ped
If everyone looked at the historical Churches no one would be evangelical and they would follow Scripture properly
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:04 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
What I said was that Christ was the first image and icon in Christianity and St. Luke painted the first icon. The problem is your disbelief is so strong that you reject anything not in your wheelhouse of "Christianity"

If everyone looked at the historical Churches no one would be evangelical and they would follow Scripture properly
Now you are accusing of disbelief. I have to gather information on what we call are extra biblical. Check the internet and see what research showed who believe that St. Luke painted the first icon.

So the Eastern Orthodox follow Scripture properly. So far I knew two members of Orthodox church in my life. Do you know what one of the two told me about the Scripture ? BtW make it three , one of the Christian apologist converted to Orthodox just recently.

ped

Last edited by ElpidioLGagolinan : 02-13-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Now you are accusing of disbelief.
Nope, I am saying that you are so married to your way of Christianity that you reject the historic version.

Quote:
I have to gather information on what we call are extra biblical. Check the internet and see what research showed who believe that St. Luke painted the first icon.
The internet doesn't know everything. It's part of Holy Tradition and that is fine with me.

Quote:
So the Eastern Orthodox follow Scripture properly. So far I knew two members of Orthodox church in my life. Do you know what one of the two told me about the Scripture ? BtW make it three , one of the Christian apologist converted to Orthodox just recently.

ped
I do believe as far as following Scripture properly it would be the Liturgical Christians which follow the Ancient Church like the Orthodox, Catholics, and my Church (I am not Orthodox). Though the Episcopal/Anglican Church is having trouble, Methodist, and Presbyterians with want gay people in leadership roles and such. At the bottom are evangelicals
Old 02-13-2020, 09:47 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Nope, I am saying that you are so married to your way of Christianity that you reject the historic version.

The internet doesn't know everything. It's part of Holy Tradition and that is fine with me.

I do believe as far as following Scripture properly it would be the Liturgical Christians which follow the Ancient Church like the Orthodox, Catholics, and my Church (I am not Orthodox). Though the Episcopal/Anglican Church is having trouble, Methodist, and Presbyterians with want gay people in leadership roles and such. At the bottom are evangelicals
This is interesting. There are denominations and members of each denominations. Do members believe what their denominations teach ?
Some do and some do not. I believe we will be judged by what we really believe.

Btw you wrote at the bottom are evangelicals. What do you mean by that ?

Btw you really believe that the churches you mentioned follow the Scriptures properly ? are you sure you are not confusing that with tradition ?

ped
Old 02-14-2020, 02:24 AM
Knight of the Forum

Looking back at the title of this post, our journey is made possible by the works of God through Jesus Christ. The certainty of our journey depends on our close relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes we say we know Jesus but the crucial or important matter or question is does Jesus knows us ?

Is our name or names written in the Lamb's Book of Life ?

ped
Old 02-14-2020, 05:25 AM
Knight of the Forum

The phrase " follow Scripture properly" stuck with me and I pondered it. Our Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled Scripture and went to the cross in Calvary. No one among disciples understood it at that time but later on they understood it.

Going back to the phrase " follow Scripture properly ", it is logical for one or anyone to follow Scripture properly it is necessary for one to love or be interested in Scripture. Also the main ingredient in following the Scripture properly is the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

ped
Old 02-14-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
The phrase " follow Scripture properly" stuck with me and I pondered it. Our Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled Scripture and went to the cross in Calvary. No one among disciples understood it at that time but later on they understood it.

Going back to the phrase " follow Scripture properly ", it is logical for one or anyone to follow Scripture properly it is necessary for one to love or be interested in Scripture. Also the main ingredient in following the Scripture properly is the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

ped

Following Scripture properly is listening to the Church and not Scripture alone.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:30 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Following Scripture properly is listening to the Church and not Scripture alone.
As I understand Scriptures are written records of the words of God. The collection of Scriptures form what we have now as Old and New Testaments.There is a story how the Scriptures later called Holy Bible was formed. Story has it that after the apostles and early disciples died, that churches became institutionalize as shown by large church buildings . At the beginning church leaders were the ones who can read the Bible and teach what they want to teach but some believed that people should have access to the Bible.

As I understand church came from Scriptures and will of God. Church and Scriptures should agree with each other.

As shown in the time of our Lord Jesus Christ, the leaders of the Jews called Pharisees and Sadducees who are supposed to be the teachers and scribes were misapplying the Scriptures but Jesus who is the incarnate word corrected them.

When Apostle Paul was spreading the message of Christianity he encountered the Bereans who check Scriptures to see if what Paul was teaching is true.

Paul by the way is a former Pharisee and persecutor of the church till Jesus appeared to him in Paul's journey to Damascus.

I believe God caused His words to be written for the generations to come. God told Joshua in the Joshua 1:8 This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth and shall meditate on it day and night that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

ped