Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > BOC, A Checkup

Old 07-15-2019, 06:36 PM

Default BOC, A Checkup

The Body of Christ, things that I think affect her general health, from my perspective.

My how oft’ the shortage calls out. But I am probably in that mix at times too. Does our end-time era and fallen nature erode too much from our day-to-day to live by the faith set before us? This example shown here is so much worse than for those who are young in the faith and struggle, for this is directed at experience,
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed,
but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

(Hebrews 10:39)
That is a fact, and most are aware this isn’t brought about automatically. Yet, there are a few, probably ancient standouts whom I see as many still being drawn away from,
1. Perfection
2. Holy Spirit
3. Faith
True, We’re not perfect, ‘we’re doing the best we can and until we can look forward to the day when we take an appropriate hold of the call, we don’t presume to rally behind this occasion falsely,’
So be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(Matthew 5:48)
It's no secret, the Holy Spirit is daily misunderstood and mistreated. We haven’t conformed to the NT traditions as described but seem to want Him to conform to ours.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

(Romans 12:2)
Last of those I’ve chosen is faith. You did see that opening verse, Heb. 10:39, did you also see what type of individual is alerted to this concern?
Remember those earlier days after you had received the light,
when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering, , So do not
throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need
to persevere so that when you have done the will of God,
you will receive what he has promised.

(Hebrews 10:32,35,36)
The vigilance I see being expressed aren’t just poor renditions, me thinks these are supplied by that old man of the flesh - fear! Like God said for all who are afflicted with this shortcoming, myself included
You need to persevere
These, or other known nuances worth mentioning?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2019, 12:45 AM

Default Re: BOC, A Checkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
The Body of Christ, things that I think affect her general health, from my perspective.

My how oft’ the shortage calls out. But I am probably in that mix at times too. Does our end-time era and fallen nature erode too much from our day-to-day to live by the faith set before us? This example shown here is so much worse than for those who are young in the faith and struggle, for this is directed at experience,
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed,
but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

(Hebrews 10:39)
That is a fact, and most are aware this isn’t brought about automatically. Yet, there are a few, probably ancient standouts whom I see as many still being drawn away from,
1. Perfection
2. Holy Spirit
3. Faith
True, We’re not perfect, ‘we’re doing the best we can and until we can look forward to the day when we take an appropriate hold of the call, we don’t presume to rally behind this occasion falsely,’
So be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(Matthew 5:48)
It's no secret, the Holy Spirit is daily misunderstood and mistreated. We haven’t conformed to the NT traditions as described but seem to want Him to conform to ours.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

(Romans 12:2)
Last of those I’ve chosen is faith. You did see that opening verse, Heb. 10:39, did you also see what type of individual is alerted to this concern?
Remember those earlier days after you had received the light,
when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering, , So do not
throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need
to persevere so that when you have done the will of God,
you will receive what he has promised.

(Hebrews 10:32,35,36)
The vigilance I see being expressed aren’t just poor renditions, me thinks these are supplied by that old man of the flesh - fear! Like God said for all who are afflicted with this shortcoming, myself included
You need to persevere
These, or other known nuances worth mentioning?

Eph. 4:22*
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Eph. 4:24*
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Col. 3:9*
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Col. 3:10*
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Gal 5:24* And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.*

Rom. 8:12*
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom. 8:13*
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.*

Rom. 8:14*
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.*

JIM

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 07-16-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
Eph. 4:22*
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Eph. 4:24*
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Col. 3:9*
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Col. 3:10*
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Gal 5:24* And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.*

Rom. 8:12*
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom. 8:13*
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.*

Rom. 8:14*
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.*

JIM
Are you say those I mentioned in Hebrews chapter-10 would have been spared being reminded to “persevere” had they had this multi-verse knowledge? For in most all cases, putting on the new man is a lifelong process. So possibly that is what your getting at, though a couple of those references are a bit more foundational than what the Hebrew subjects were being treated as. No?
Old 07-16-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
For in most all cases, putting on the new man is a lifelong process.
Is this belief something which can be documented? ...Chapt. Vs.?

JIM

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 07-16-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
For in most all cases, putting on the new man is a lifelong process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
Is this belief something which can be documented? ...Chapt. Vs.?
You’re right, not “most all” as I said, but “all cases” will suffice as the lifelong same man we put on from the beginning?
“,we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being
destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.”

2 Corinthians 4:16
Old 07-16-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
You’re right, not “most all” as I said, but “all cases” will suffice as the lifelong same man we put on from the beginning?
“,we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.”2 Corinthians 4:16
Rom. 7:25*
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom. 6:6*
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 8:3,4
3)* For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:*
4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.*

Eph. 4:22* That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Col. 3:9* Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

JIM

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 07-16-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:35 AM

Still, as thoroughly critical to understand wherever they are noted, and wherever the redemptive day-by-day process touches our lives by His providence alone and not us, might, by some awkward means to reason a whole-bulk of things away from us,
“The self-sacrificing zeal for Christianity displayed in the past ought to animate the readers to a joyful maintenance of the same likewise in the present, since of a truth this very stedfastness in zeal leads to the longed-for goal.” - Meyer

“, , under all circumstances. Without endurance the promise which secures to them the enduring possession cannot be enjoyed, for before entering upon its enjoyment, the whole will of God concerning them must be done and borne, , “But as for us we are not of those who shrink (literally of shrinking) to perdition but of faith to the gaining of the soul”. That is, we are not characterised by a timid abandonment of our confession (Hebrews 10:23) and confidence. Cf. 1 Thessalonians 5:5. What such timidity leads to (εἰς ἀπώλειαν, cf. Acts 8:20; Romans 9:22) is hopeless perdition.” - Expositor's Greek

Old 07-20-2019, 06:23 AM

Still yet is missed the other side of that reason, tell me, do you hear in great quantity those who’s lives fulfill and exceed the need of being reminded to persevere with that “endurance”? The Devil could care less of the poor-condition of the BOC, with him and or the flesh, the path is always to exceed personal setback. Therein, the candidate described in Heb 10:35,36 and his endurance is very much opposed to the mindset of today.

Today, if too much discord and turbulence is affecting the image our acquaintances around us have us pinned to, our minds are fixed in unrest and strife, the reasoning of which from the fruit I’m witnessing is also prone to saying within;
‘So much tribulation can’t possibly be from God!’
resulting in;
‘Its time to do what I can to calm my life a little or a lot, on a need-to-do bases!’
Don’t tell me you don’t think this is going on? Don’t tell me you don’t see the bigger problem here?

The only way to exceed personal setback is by the will of God and the way of the cross, the way of His light burden of endurance made possible by a life in the Spirit. But there again, the mind who hasn't experienced renewal isn't prone to enliven that life with perseverance.

The stark difference between this and legalism is what perseverance God has set before us, independently, the called and the chosen.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:00 PM

While were about the BOC’s progress, is a portion of the Body caught up with what Rush defined today; the mischaracterization of the term “racists”? Yes, there is quite a lot of folks who have woken-up to this weaponized verbiage, yet not nearly enough resistance can be found. Apparently, the way it goes, if you’re of another race and you disagree with the slightest found-less opinion, it is becoming close to acceptable to consider you racists.

While the ‘average-joe’ may wash his hands of this, I declare to every Christian who loves the Lord, unless that average joe whom may be conservative, if he is destitute from Jesus, he is doomed to the same racists’ nature however much in check inwardly OR outwardly such as this columnist said in a much more candid America sixty years ago,
“I've never known any of your people who couldn't sing” - Hedda Hopper
While Rush is busy about trying to repair definitions, the godless are becoming true to form.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:28 PM
Knight of the Forum

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II