True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-28-2019, 07:49 PM
lookingtosee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 34
Default [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

A study by NASA and university researchers, published in the June 14, 2013 issue of Science, found however that ocean waters melting the undersides of Antarctic ice shelves are responsible for most of the continent's ice shelf mass loss.[2]

An ice shelf is a thick suspended platform of ice that forms where a glacier or ice sheet flows down to a coastline and onto the ocean surface. Ice shelves are only found in Antarctica, Greenland, Canada, and the Russian Arctic. The boundary between the floating ice shelf and the anchor ice (resting on bedrock) that feeds it is called the grounding line. The thickness of ice shelves can range from about 100 m (330 ft) to 1,000 m (3,300 ft).

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of Earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen at least once, sometime earlier than 650 Mya(million years ago). Proponents of the hypothesis argue that it best explains sedimentary deposits generally regarded as of glacial origin at tropicalpalaeolatitudes and other enigmatic features in the geological record. Opponents of the hypothesis contest the implications of the geological evidence for global glaciation and the geophysical feasibility of an ice- or slush-covered ocean[3][4]

"Snowball Earth" Confirmed: Ice Covered Equator Earth's now steamy Equator was covered with ice 716 million years ago, according to a new study.
Strange fossil may be rare insect preserved in gemstone.
The finding appears to add solid evidence to the theory of an ancient "snowball Earth."

In the beginning, planet Earth was a very inhospitable place with no oxygen and only single-celled bacteria as inhabitants. According to a new study, the oxygen content in the air began to increase about 2.4 billion years ago, at the same time as the global glaciation and when all continents were gathered in a single huge landmass, or supercontinent. How to explain the exact connection between these events, however, is a question that baffles the researchers.

A Brief History of Ice Ages and Warming
Global warming started long before the "Industrial Revolution" and the invention of the internal combustion engine. Global warming began 18,000 years ago as the earth started warming its way out of the Pleistocene Ice Age-- a time when much of North America, Europe, and Asia lay buried beneath great sheets of glacial ice.

As the ice sheet melted the runoff looked like a flood, so they called it a “GREAT FLOOD”

There is ample proof of a great flood and now it is time to flip the argument. It is time for the doubters to prove there wasn’t a flood.

Deniers, it’s your turn; go for it !!!!


I was not allowed to include the links. If you want them; please google a phrase in the topic
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2019, 09:55 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,784
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingtosee View Post
A study by NASA and university researchers, published in the June 14, 2013 issue of Science, found however that ocean waters melting the undersides of Antarctic ice shelves are responsible for most of the continent's ice shelf mass loss.[2]

An ice shelf is a thick suspended platform of ice that forms where a glacier or ice sheet flows down to a coastline and onto the ocean surface. Ice shelves are only found in Antarctica, Greenland, Canada, and the Russian Arctic. The boundary between the floating ice shelf and the anchor ice (resting on bedrock) that feeds it is called the grounding line. The thickness of ice shelves can range from about 100 m (330 ft) to 1,000 m (3,300 ft).

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of Earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen at least once, sometime earlier than 650 Mya(million years ago). Proponents of the hypothesis argue that it best explains sedimentary deposits generally regarded as of glacial origin at tropicalpalaeolatitudes and other enigmatic features in the geological record. Opponents of the hypothesis contest the implications of the geological evidence for global glaciation and the geophysical feasibility of an ice- or slush-covered ocean[3][4]

"Snowball Earth" Confirmed: Ice Covered Equator Earth's now steamy Equator was covered with ice 716 million years ago, according to a new study.
Strange fossil may be rare insect preserved in gemstone.
The finding appears to add solid evidence to the theory of an ancient "snowball Earth."

In the beginning, planet Earth was a very inhospitable place with no oxygen and only single-celled bacteria as inhabitants. According to a new study, the oxygen content in the air began to increase about 2.4 billion years ago, at the same time as the global glaciation and when all continents were gathered in a single huge landmass, or supercontinent. How to explain the exact connection between these events, however, is a question that baffles the researchers.

A Brief History of Ice Ages and Warming
Global warming started long before the "Industrial Revolution" and the invention of the internal combustion engine. Global warming began 18,000 years ago as the earth started warming its way out of the Pleistocene Ice Age-- a time when much of North America, Europe, and Asia lay buried beneath great sheets of glacial ice.

As the ice sheet melted the runoff looked like a flood, so they called it a “GREAT FLOOD”

There is ample proof of a great flood and now it is time to flip the argument. It is time for the doubters to prove there wasn’t a flood.

Deniers, it’s your turn; go for it !!!!


I was not allowed to include the links. If you want them; please google a phrase in the topic
I really don't think you will find any dissenters with belief in the Great Flood

JIM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2019, 04:23 AM
Con Con is offline
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 37
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingtosee View Post
There is ample proof of a great flood and now it is time to flip the argument. It is time for the doubters to prove there wasn’t a flood.

Deniers, it’s your turn; go for it !!!!
Question 1. Is there anything in your evidence that requires the hand of God? Is there any part of these scientific explanations that requires me to accept that "God just did it"?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2019, 07:46 AM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,260
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Genesis is meant to convey truth, but it is done in the ancient Semitic style of writing, using allegories, fantastic imagery, and all based on traditions that were handed down for centuries. These images & allegories, in a certain style of writing, are meant to convey fundamental truths.

Some people mistake that for meaning that Genesis is stories or fables meant to teach a lesson, like mother goose. NOT SO. These things are true, but not literalistically.

For example: Adam is the first man. God breathed his spirit into him. It is generally understood that this means that, at a specific point in time God made one of our ancestors aware and made him a spiritual being. How? Who knows. When? Nobody knows.

Prior to the chapters about Abraham, who was a real man in history, I would not take the the stories literally but I do take them as truthful events being described in allegorical fashion.

As for the flood: Sure it was the hand of God.

It is mathematically impossible for there to NOT be a Creator.

Good book:

While the stories of the world’s creation and the fall of humankind have
often been subjected to reductionism of one sort or another ― literalists treat
the Bible as a science textbook whereas rationalists divorce God from creation
― Ratzinger presents a rich, balanced Catholic understanding of these early
biblical writings and attests to their enduring vitality.


__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 03-03-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Con Con is offline
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 37
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post

As for the flood: Sure it was the hand of God.
My question was more to do with the idea of convincing a non-believer with scientific evidence. If you get to a point along that train of evidence where you have no choice but to evoke something supernatural as an explanation for a particular step, is there really any point in the rest of it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2019, 08:04 AM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,260
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con View Post
My question was more to do with the idea of convincing a non-believer with scientific evidence.......
Non believers have bigger issues to grapple with before that grapple with this one.
__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Soulheart3's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,010
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con View Post
My question was more to do with the idea of convincing a non-believer with scientific evidence. If you get to a point along that train of evidence where you have no choice but to evoke something supernatural as an explanation for a particular step, is there really any point in the rest of it?
The evidence for the flood is out there, but ignored by the vast majority of people that refuse to believe in God. Read up on all the sea fossils found far inland, on all the groupings of dead animals as if flooded to that location. Do some work if you want the answers you seek.
__________________
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2019, 04:55 AM
Con Con is offline
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 37
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Non believers have bigger issues to grapple with before that grapple with this one.
But I didn't ask for the evidence. It was presented unsolicited, with a challenge to refute it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 AM
Con Con is offline
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 37
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
The evidence for the flood is out there, but ignored by the vast majority of people that refuse to believe in God. Read up on all the sea fossils found far inland, on all the groupings of dead animals as if flooded to that location. Do some work if you want the answers you seek.
Land masses haven't always looked the way they do today - many of them, including mountains, were once underwater. Hence, sea fossils inland.

Speaking of groupings of dead animals, if every type of animal was created in that first week, shouldn't we see examples of all of them in the earliest fossil layer?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2019, 09:14 AM
Soulheart3's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,010
Default Re: [B]More evidence of the GREAT FLOOD[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con View Post
Land masses haven't always looked the way they do today - many of them, including mountains, were once underwater. Hence, sea fossils inland.

Speaking of groupings of dead animals, if every type of animal was created in that first week, shouldn't we see examples of all of them in the earliest fossil layer?
You are just promoting the lies I spoke of. You have no reason to ask questions in honesty. Just another liar trying to change the minds of the faithful by lies.
__________________
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Vacation, Flood and Promise pryz Bible Chat 3 02-21-2019 07:07 PM
A Flood for Brad Amadeus Prayer Requests 2 02-11-2010 09:40 AM
Noah's flood PermaPetra Bible Chat 4 01-07-2010 12:14 PM
There is a spiritual meaning behind Noah's flood. AIEC General Discussions 28 10-07-2009 10:42 PM
The Flood colin Theology 7 02-23-2009 01:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29