Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > The Great White

Old 11-26-2018, 01:52 PM

Default The Great White

Why do so many people claim that only the bad guys will be judged at the Great White throne?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-2018, 02:31 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: The Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwreckNsow View Post
Why do so many people claim that only the bad guys will be judged at the Great White throne?
Good point. I looked at the Bible where great white throne is mentioned Revelation 20:12-15. I noticed those who go there are judged according to their works. Remember Christians are saved by faith and not by works. If we are judged by works then none of us can be saved.

Christians will be judged in the judgment seat of Christ. Romans 14, II Corinthians 5:11, Revelations 20:4.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-29-2018, 07:58 AM

JOHN 5 [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. [26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; [27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. [28] Marvel not at this: for THE HOUR is coming, in the which ALL THAT ARE IN THE GRAVES shall hear his voice, [29] And shall come forth; THEY THAT HAVE DONE GOOD, UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF LIFE; AND THEY THAT HAVE DONE EVIL, UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF DAMNATION.

The Word says the hour is coming. Many claim theres a 1000yr period between the resurrection of the good and the evil. John 5 shoots that claim down
Old 11-29-2018, 01:44 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
JOHN 5 [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. [26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; [27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. [28] Marvel not at this: for THE HOUR is coming, in the which ALL THAT ARE IN THE GRAVES shall hear his voice, [29] And shall come forth; THEY THAT HAVE DONE GOOD, UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF LIFE; AND THEY THAT HAVE DONE EVIL, UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF DAMNATION.

The Word says the hour is coming. Many claim theres a 1000yr period between the resurrection of the good and the evil. John 5 shoots that claim down
Please see Revelation 20:5.

ped
Old 11-30-2018, 07:10 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
......Christians are saved by faith and not by works........
We are saved by Faith AND Works, not by faith alone.

Quote:
.......If we are judged by works then none of us can be saved......
Not true. Works that are done by inspiration of the Holy Spirit and commanded by Christ DO save. We went over that before:

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 11-30-2018, 07:12 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
When did this phrase "Great White Throne" come into fashion.

Anyway, there are two judgements: The first one is YOUR judgement immediately upon your death, and then the final judgement of all at the end of the world. In both, ALL are judged.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 11-30-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:42 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
We are saved by Faith AND Works, not by faith alone.

Not true. Works that are done by inspiration of the Holy Spirit and commanded by Christ DO save. We went over that before:

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Will our good works and bad works cancell each other out ?

ped
Old 11-30-2018, 07:52 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Will our good works and bad works cancell each other out ?

ped
Thats where forgiveness comes in.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:28 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Thats where forgiveness comes in.
How do we obtain forgiveness ?

ped
Old 11-30-2018, 07:13 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
How do we obtain forgiveness ?

ped
Here comes Ped's famous Merry-Go-Round, where he leaves the thread topic and starts going round and round from one subject to another.

No thanks, I'll pass.