Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > The Great White

Old 12-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: The Great White

Another angle:

...........Let’s dissect this teaching: When we die, our soul stands in judgment immediately. We will have to account for our lives, for the good that we have done and for the sins we have committed. We call this the particular judgment because it is particular to each person. If we are free of all sin and the hurt caused by sin, we immediately will be welcomed into Heaven, where we will enjoy the beatific vision, seeing God face to face...... .......However, if we have died rejecting God, with mortal sins and with no remorse for those mortal sins, then we will have damned ourselves to Hell; the firm rejection of God that we made in this life, will continue on in the next. This teaching is substantiated by our Lord’s declaration to the repentant thief, St. Dismas: “This day you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43). (Note that this teaching on the particular judgment was defined at the Second General Council of Lyons in 1274.)

At the end of time, our Lord will come again to judge the living and the dead. Our Lord taught in the Gospel of St. John: “The Father has given over to Him [Jesus] power to pass judgment because He is the Son of Man; no need for you to be surprised at this, for an hour is coming in which all those in their tombs shall hear his voice and come forth. Those who have done right shall rise to life; the evildoers shall rise to be damned” (John 5:27-29). Here again the Catechism teaches, “In the presence of Christ, who is Truth itself, the truth of each man’s relationship with God will be laid bare. The Last Judgment will reveal even to its furthest consequences the good each person has done or failed to do during his earthly life” (#1039). Here is a judgment not only of the individual standing alone, but also as a member of society and before the whole community of mankind. Those who have already died and have been judged will remain in Heaven or Hell; those who have not died will now be judged and enter Heaven or Hell. Since after the final judgment, only Heaven and Hell will exist, St. Augustine and others speculated that all purification of the soul– for those already in Purgatory and now those faithful awaiting judgment at this final judgment– will be completed.

Here then is a succinct presentation of the Church’s teaching concerning the judgment of our soul. Whether we consider the particular judgment or the final judgment, we must be ready to face judgment. Archbishop Fulton Sheen stated, “For when the curtain goes down on the last day, and we respond to the curtain call of judgment, we will not be asked what part we played, but how well we played the part that was assigned to us” (Moods and Truths, 75).

source What happens when we die? What is the difference between the particular judgment and the final judgment? - Catholic Straight Answers

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Half right and half wrong.

YES, right after death you are judged and sent to {lets say heaven}.

At that point you are pure spirit, and you behold the face of God. You are one of "the cloud of witnesses" mentioned in Hebrews 12:1. You are still alive, but like an angel you live as pure spirit and you will live in heaven (or hell) until the final judgement.
Job 19:25-26 (KJV)
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

So will we be as Job? Will our pure spirit body be changed to a fleshly body at the resurrection?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Those who have already died and have been judged will remain in Heaven or Hell; those who have not died will now be judged and enter Heaven or Hell. Since after the final judgment, only Heaven and Hell will exist,
Ecclesiastes 1:4 (KJV)
4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

You sure do use much non biblical stuff to make your point
Old 12-01-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
. The Last Judgment will reveal even to its furthest consequences the good each person has done or failed to do during his earthly life” (#1039). Here is a judgment not only of the individual standing alone, but also as a member of society and before the whole community of mankind. Those who have already died and have been judged will remain in Heaven or Hell;
Dont make sense. The ONLY people who can be resurrected are those who died

Luke 20:27 (KJV)
27 Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,

Do you believe as they?
Old 12-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Re: The Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwreckNsow View Post
Job 19:25-26 (KJV)
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

So will we be as Job? Will our pure spirit body be changed to a fleshly body at the resurrection?
I don't think anybody can answer such details. We know what we know, but we don't know what we don't know, and we just have to have faith that things will be as they should be.

All I DO know is that I believe that I will be judged at the moment of my death, and that is a separate event from the big final judgement. The purpose of the final (or general) judgment is not to redetermine one’s standing with God but to reveal the full ramifications of all our good and bad deeds in relation to other people. Although we will know instantly all the good and the bad we have done at our particular judgment, only at the general judgment will we see what effect the way we lived had on others and thus truly understand the ultimate significance of our moral acts.

Quote:
.......You sure do use much non biblical stuff to make your point
The Catechism of the Catholic Church could be described as 2,000 years of Bible study and Bible commentary all rolled up into one big book. I am sure that you have Bible studies and read commentaries. Well, the Catechism is just that except on a huge scale.

The Bible is the written word of God, and it requires interpretation. The Catechism IS the interpretation.

But, if you would like to see a lot of scripture references to
back up this position, then read this magazine article, it has
lots of scripture quotes: Why Are There Two Judgments

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 12-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
The Bible is the written word of God, and it requires interpretation. The Catechism IS the interpretation.
Not for me CC. To many warnings about such things. I believe the bible interprets the bible.

1 JOHN 2 [26] These things have I written unto you CONCERNING THEM THAT SEDUCE YOU. [27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, AND YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I am sure that you have Bible studies and read commentaries.
No Bible study with others and absolutly dont read commentaries
Old 12-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Not for me CC. To many warnings about such things. I believe the bible interprets the bible........
If the Bible interprets the Bible, then why are there hundreds of Christian denominations that teach different teachings? Baptists, Lutherans, Episcopalians... ....and many more, all have different teachings.

The reason why is because the Bible does NOT interpret the Bible. Men interpret the Bible, and usually get it wrong.

Jesus did not establish a Bible, and he never told anyone to write anything down. Jesus established his Church, and gave men the authority to teach in His name. I believe the teachings that have been handed down from antiquity. You seem to believe in your personal interpretations of scripture.

Quote:
No Bible study with others and absolutly dont read commentaries
Then you rely on your own personal interpretations.

Tell me, how do you know that the books in your Bible are the correct books? The New Testament was complied in the 4th century. How do you know if the correct books were chosen to put in it?

Old 12-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:

Tell me, how do you know that the books in your Bible are the correct books? The New Testament was complied in the 4th century. How do you know if the correct books were chosen to put in it?
I figure if God can create the heavens and the earth and all things for that matter, Hes not gonna give us a bogus book
Old 12-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
YES, right after death you are judged and sent to {lets say heaven}.

[/color]
JOHN 3 [12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? [13] And NO MAN HATH ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN, BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

What do ya do with above scripture?