True2Ourselves Forums

True2Ourselves Forums (http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/)
-   General Discussions (http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/general-discussions/)
-   -   Full of Glory, ample loss (http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/general-discussions/11858-full-glory-ample-loss.html)

pryz 10-27-2018 04:56 AM

Full of Glory, ample loss
 
If for a moment, we could see exactly what details surround all living Christians who are well-equipped, disposed to have the life and knowledge of Christ a longstanding crème de la crème determination which, to my knowledge only a few dear saint’s lives became emblazoned before us such as Steven and Barnabas who shared that what they spent their lives in search of, , being,
“, , full of faith and of the Holy Ghost”
Many others, called of God to fill the needs of many strengths, portions the Lord himself determines. So, why concern oneself with so great an elementary understanding when these are being played out in the lives He chooses even today?

Well, shouldn’t it be more expressively known; so many gifts that surround us with so little to account for the publically glorying in infirmities?
They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony; they did not
love their lives so much as to shrink from death.


(Revelation 12:11)

Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest on me.


(2 Corinthians 12:9)
Feel free to call attention to my mis-understanding, however severe!

By Christ, Shalom

.

CatholicCrusader 11-04-2018 08:18 PM

Re: Full of Glory, ample loss
 
You would not want to see the details surrounding me. LOL.

pryz 11-05-2018 03:51 AM

Re: Full of Glory, ample loss
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader (Post 209950)
You would not want to see the details surrounding me. LOL.

:) Surely, past reflections that have given way to the object of your affections that amount to the following of the Christ? [But of course!]
.

CatholicCrusader 11-05-2018 06:38 AM

Re: Full of Glory, ample loss
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pryz (Post 209953)
:) Surely, past reflections that have given way to the object of your affections that amount to the following of the Christ? [But of course!]
.

Ahh, those details. I could write pages, but one highlight that sticks out is a talk I listened to by Rosalind Moss in the 90's, who is now Mother Miriam today. I was a long-time lapsed Christian, and her talk brought tears to my eyes, and set me on the path to return to the Church.

I have looked for that talk online for a long time and have never been able to find it. Maybe I'll look again

pryz 11-09-2018 05:56 AM

Re: Full of Glory, ample loss
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader (Post 209957)
Ahh, those details. I could write pages, but one highlight that sticks out is a talk I listened to by Rosalind Moss in the 90's, who is now Mother Miriam today. I was a long-time lapsed Christian, and her talk brought tears to my eyes, and set me on the path to return to the Church.

I have looked for that talk online for a long time and have never been able to find it. Maybe I'll look again

If possible, you could generalize some key aspects or aspect of such influential insight? Knowing often, many such attempts misses specific accuracy.
.

CatholicCrusader 11-09-2018 08:12 AM

Re: Full of Glory, ample loss
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pryz (Post 210000)
If possible, you could generalize some key aspects or aspect of such influential insight? Knowing often, many such attempts misses specific accuracy.

Not really. The talk was really from the heart. You'd sort of have to hear it. She was a non-practicing Jew who became Christian and then became specifically Catholic. It just hit me in a certain way. It might not hit others the way it hit me.

Now, the second favorite talk I heard after that was from Scott Hahn. I actually posted that on in this forum 5 years ago. Again, this will probably not hit you the way it hit me:


pryz 11-10-2018 07:00 AM

Re: Full of Glory, ample loss
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader (Post 210001)
Not really. The talk was really from the heart. You'd sort of have to hear it. She was a non-practicing Jew who became Christian and then became specifically Catholic. It just hit me in a certain way. It might not hit others the way it hit me.

Now, the second favorite talk I heard after that was from Scott Hahn. I actually posted that on in this forum 5 years ago. Again, this will probably not hit you the way it hit me:


I was short on time and had to condense by skimming till the turning point intensified for Dr. Hahn.

As such I wondered why a man so flourished with knowledge be a bit guarded upon releasing it? Maybe he has his reasons. At the 44-min mark when describing their seeking out a leading Presbyterian Theologian so highly regarded his identity itself was retained incognito by Mr. Hahn is of little concern to me. What is a concern is understood as why after setting the stage of a last-ditch effort to let the Presbyterian cause speak to reassure Dr. Hahn and his best friend, the points of the theologian being accused of taking “out of context” and misjudging the “Council of Trent”, didn’t allow the listener the benefit by describing why? It was shuffled away and left yielding to the journey of their RC-conversion. Surely, his poignancy is clearly defined elsewhere.

As such poignancy is surely available from one so gifted, is the journey of dissing that Presbyterian cause thought of as “loss”?

True, all us have our journey and not everything is left to describe is it? Even when the word of God itself describes that journey from the mountaintop so well, like a new day for us just ahead, that day of entering the glory from the Lord,
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.


(2 Thessalonians 3:3, 1 Peter 5:10)

CatholicCrusader 11-10-2018 08:12 AM

Re: Full of Glory, ample loss
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pryz (Post 210008)
.......As such I wondered why a man so flourished with knowledge be a bit guarded upon releasing it? Maybe he has his reasons. At the 44-min mark when describing their seeking out a leading Presbyterian Theologian so highly regarded his identity itself was retained incognito by Mr. Hahn is of little concern to me. What is a concern is understood as why after setting the stage of a last-ditch effort to let the Presbyterian cause speak to reassure Dr. Hahn and his best friend, the points of the theologian being accused of taking “out of context” and misjudging the “Council of Trent”, didn’t allow the listener the benefit by describing why?.......

In his world, to make such a change was basically blasphemy, a sure loss of all his friends and maybe his wife leaving him too. So he kept searching and searching and searching to see to find a reason NOT to convert.

The Presbyterian theologian spoke to him AFTER all these recent studies of his, and THAT is how he realized that everything the Presbyterian theologian had been saying was wrong.

This is not uncommon. I have often said that most of the arguments against Catholicism are straw man arguments. People who dislike the Catholic Church dislike a church of their own imagination, not the real Catholic Church. As the great Bishop Fulton Sheen once said, "There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church — which is, of course, quite a different thing."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.


true2ourselves


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29