Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Random T2O

Old 10-12-2018, 08:14 AM

Default Random T2O

What? Just stopping by for a peek? Before you motor-on, what is that passing thought each time you lay eyes on this place? First-time? How did the impression go? Good, bad, indifferent, a little or a lot and yes, non-committal, how has or how has T2O not shaped your world?

I would like there to be no-holds on this particular thread aside from fundamental expectations of Christian civility, including to keep rebuttal low to diffuse apprehension. How else but that it is wide-open ladies and gents to let Mark (founder) have a peek at the impact (or lack thereof) of this vision they put forth. Thanks and God bless Mark & Company!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-12-2018, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Random T2O

Well, I remember when it was busy with traffic, at least a dozen and often more posts daily. And the point of various faiths trying to get along with friendly discourse was doing well. It has definitely fallen on hard times.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-30-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
And the point of various faiths trying to get along with friendly discourse was doing well. It has definitely fallen on hard times.
Exactly, take my appeal for instance. It is becoming increasingly clear it is not what Christians are to be known for! But don't count on an amen for that!
Old 11-03-2018, 07:51 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
What? Just stopping by for a peek? Before you motor-on, what is that passing thought each time you lay eyes on this place? First-time? How did the impression go? Good, bad, indifferent, a little or a lot and yes, non-committal, how has or how has T2O not shaped your world?

I would like there to be no-holds on this particular thread aside from fundamental expectations of Christian civility, including to keep rebuttal low to diffuse apprehension. How else but that it is wide-open ladies and gents to let Mark (founder) have a peek at the impact (or lack thereof) of this vision they put forth. Thanks and God bless Mark & Company!

I used to really enjoy coming here. I made a few long-standing on-line friends. I used to enjoy the discussions which were interesting and robust. We argued, we agreed, we each put forward out own points of view with respect (with some obvious exceptions).

You could have a laugh and a joke. You could let off steam. You could learn something every day. It was interesting, frustrating, mildly addictive and offered a place to hang out for a while each day to see what topic or what point of view was worth responding to.

Then the moderators changed.

Now I've been a member for many years. And I know that any given forum has hot moments and slow times. But the decline aligned exactly with the change.

Some of the more interesting posters were either zapped or left. And I know from personal messages why they left. It was specifically because of one mod.

Back in the day there were not just a few posts each day, but dozens. On all topics under the sun. Now...there are barely 4 or 5 people left posting maybe one or two messages each day. So it's passed the critical point. No-one wants to joint a forum that is so sterile. lLog on these days and you get the sense of tumbling weed rolling around dusty topics long abandoned.

Mark had a great idea. It didn't turn out exactly as he'd hoped but it was nevertheless a place that you could suggest to someone that it might be worth visiting. Just call in and say hi and see where it goes. But no longer. It's now on life-support.

So no-holds? You want to know why it happened? It beats me why you need to ask.

Congratulations, Soulheart. You killed the forum. You might well be the last to leave. Could you please turn out the lights?
Old 11-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
......Congratulations, Soulheart. You killed the forum. You might well be the last to leave. Could you please turn out the lights?
Its stupid remarks like that that killed the forum.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 11-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Suspended for Review

That you have 'Knight of the Forum' under your name says more about this place than I could hope to say.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
That you have 'Knight of the Forum' under your name says more about this place than I could hope to say.
Sorry. Godless atheists are barred from the Knighthood.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 11-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Suspended for Review

Linsinbigler:
Since X is the point of conversation here, I will say that he has NEVER ignored nor failed to conform with a moderation reprimand, whether seen or unseen by the forum. That is a big deal for anyone in a moderational position.

Mark:
X, for example, is typically very respectful and at times, he keeps things interesting'"

Wearing a badge doesn't earn you respect. X sounds like he earned it. Whether he was a believer or not. Present company...not so much.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I used to really enjoy coming here. I made a few long-standing on-line friends. I used to enjoy the discussions which were interesting and robust. We argued, we agreed, we each put forward out own points of view with respect (with some obvious exceptions).

You could have a laugh and a joke. You could let off steam. You could learn something every day. It was interesting, frustrating, mildly addictive and offered a place to hang out for a while each day to see what topic or what point of view was worth responding to.

Then the moderators changed.

Now I've been a member for many years. And I know that any given forum has hot moments and slow times. But the decline aligned exactly with the change.

Some of the more interesting posters were either zapped or left. And I know from personal messages why they left. It was specifically because of one mod.

Back in the day there were not just a few posts each day, but dozens. On all topics under the sun. Now...there are barely 4 or 5 people left posting maybe one or two messages each day. So it's passed the critical point. No-one wants to joint a forum that is so sterile. lLog on these days and you get the sense of tumbling weed rolling around dusty topics long abandoned.

Mark had a great idea. It didn't turn out exactly as he'd hoped but it was nevertheless a place that you could suggest to someone that it might be worth visiting. Just call in and say hi and see where it goes. But no longer. It's now on life-support.

So no-holds? You want to know why it happened? It beats me why you need to ask.

Congratulations, Soulheart. You killed the forum. You might well be the last to leave. Could you please turn out the lights?
I didnt kill the forum, it began dying when people joined with the intent to either change it into what they wanted it to be, or to make it filled with complaints against any christians who stood up to those same. Indeed you are but one of many of those. But even you and those like you havent been able to kill it just yet. That will be up to Mark. You havent changed much Brad. Still bitter that you and your types didnt get their way? Might as well learn to be alive than be bitter.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:21 PM

And surprisingly Brad, you are still stopping by to try and cause more problems. If you dislike it so much, I would think you woudnt return, but no, the dog returns to his vomit. You return to your intention of causing the shutdown or control of this site. If I get one more complaint outside of personal pm's to me, you can follow your partner in crime out the door. Last word on it.

« The Face of Evil | - »