Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Anybody here who knows the difference between outer and inner man mentioned in the Bi

Old 09-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Anybody here who knows the difference between outer and inner man mentioned in the Bi

Anybody here who knows the difference between outer and inner man mentioned in the Bible ?

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Anybody here who knows the difference between outer and inner man mentioned in th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Anybody here who knows the difference between outer and inner man mentioned in the Bible ?

ped
See the 4th, 5th and 6th posts by LatinRight in this thread:
>> https://forums.catholic.com/t/final-...-spirit/421462

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-08-2018, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Anybody here who knows the difference between outer and inner man mentioned in th

Good question! Uh, side-note; For anyone’s information as to how long a title can you get away with before it becomes illegible for forum posting, Ped has just shown us. The number is eight-five characters (spaces included). Didn’t quite make it Ped but the jest was fairly easy to fill in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
See the 4th, 5th and 6th posts by LatinRight in this thread:
>> https://forums.catholic.com/t/final-...-spirit/421462
From his posts a reservation arises out of this for me CC,
“his love sears through us like a flame, enabling us to become totally ourselves”, , “Indeed, it has already been burned away through Christ’s Passion”
Of course, as most of God’s chastening will accomplish, but not all for us. To me the bigger picture of this falls on two for the Christian individual:

One, through Christ whom allotting us the gold from fire by a steadfast determination is mightily transformed inwardly, reaping and making us priests and kings to God.

Two, since nothing good comes from flesh till it receives mortification and ultimate slavery to the inner-man, is interestingly more saved than ever, having died and itself subdued even every thought to Christ..

One is a force through him who strengthens, one is only a badge of identity. Therefore, the baptism in Christ does not free us from the obligation of dealing with the more detailed weights of the flesh.

When LatinRight remarked on,
"Progressively the spirit takes control over the flesh. – This is working out our salvation."
How do we return to “become totally ourselves”?

I don’t ever recall that being the case, the only occurrence I recall after the Father’s voice of correction, , if it truly was experienced restores us not to our possible ambiguities, but, “the peaceable fruit of righteousness” Heb. 12:11.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post

ped
First off Ped there isn't any mention of the OUTER MAN in the Bible, and there is only one Verse where the term INNER MAN is used in the New Testament.

Eph. 3:16*
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Eph 3:14* For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,*
Eph 3:15* Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,*
Eph 3:16* That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;*
Eph 3:17* That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,*
Eph 3:18* May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;*
Eph 3:19* And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.*
Eph 3:20* Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,*
Eph 3:21* Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Fairly simple to understand.

JIM
Old 09-08-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
First off Ped there isn't any mention of the OUTER MAN in the Bible, and there is only one Verse where the term INNER MAN is used in the New Testament.
Hey there, been awhile. All aok?

That surprises me coming from you,
", , though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

2 Corinthians 4:16

Old 09-09-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
", , having died and itself subdued, , "
Having therefore died or baptized into Christ reckoning the old nature now submissive to the grand counterweight of his indwelling Spirit, Our inner-man of both the fruits AND gifts as He so decides to impart on each, that counterweight compels us onward in this conflict. How close?

With precepts such as

Make every effort to make your calling and election sure
Pray that you may be thought worthy to escape
Bring all thoughts to the obedience of Christ
Beat one’s body and make it your slave

Is there some reason to think the liberty in Christ removes us from this inner/outer man obligation? Else, the other now rules and hides in darkness of hate and indifference.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
.......From his posts a reservation arises out of this for me CC........
Well, he is just a forum poster after all. But I though a lot of his differentiations between inner man and outer man were pretty good.

Quote:
[font="Arial Narrow"]......When LatinRight remarked on,
"Progressively the spirit takes control over the flesh. – This is working out our salvation."
How do we return to “become totally ourselves”? ........
When we become totally sanctified. For most people that happens when the race is over and we are in heaven. But there are some truly holy people throughout history who achieved that goal while on earth

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 09-09-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
When we become totally sanctified.
I would delight in that “totally sanctified” running, ,
“For in my inner being I delight in God's law”

Romans 7:22
, , which I’m sure doesn’t deny the process of,
“seek and to save that which was lost” - Jesus
Seems a bit-of-mystery having both delight as well as that walk in the 'valley of the shadow', ,Thank God we aren’t empty-handed, even bettering the outer “wretched man that I am” existence, that,
“He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being”

Ephesians 3:16
Hallelujah!