Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Crosswear

Old 08-10-2018, 08:35 AM

Default Crosswear

The cross of Christ.

Should we be actively reminding people whom we see of that instrument of death?

Or does it actually bring positive notoriety concerning our convictions?

While some folks exhibit rank dislike of all such treatment, one thing is certain, it is an acknowledgment of that gospel truth!

How do you feel about this method of exposing the truth?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Crosswear

Wear a cross.
Say grace in the restaurant.
Ask a friend to church
Always be a sign to others.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Wear a cross.
Say grace in the restaurant.
Ask a friend to church
Always be a sign to others.
Exactly

--------------------------
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:58 AM

In full agreement!
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:40 AM

I sincerely hope that I do not offend anyone, but displaying the cross may be considered sensitive to some. Consider this example: If someone in your immediate family was murdered with some sort of weapon (firearm, stabbing instrument, for example) would family members consider wearing a small replica of such instrument on a chain and display it around their necks? Also, praying or doing an act of worship to any replication of Christ or of a cross-whether an image of him being impaled or not-is not biblical. Any image worship is considered idolatry.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
I sincerely hope that I do not offend anyone, but displaying the cross may be considered sensitive to some. Consider this example: If someone in your immediate family was murdered with some sort of weapon (firearm, stabbing instrument, for example) would family members consider wearing a small replica of such instrument on a chain and display it around their necks?
Your post is not offensive, but it is sort of dumb, no offense. I cannot be worried about offending people. Paul said that the cross is a scandal to many.

Paul points out that the central message of Christ is scandalous to the human mind: that a righteous, just God would take on humanity and suffer a humiliating death in order to save people from their own sin and rebellion. The cross is the heart of the scandal – why would a majestic, all-powerful God humble Himself by taking on human flesh and willingly submit to a vicious, humiliating execution on our behalf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
Also, praying or doing an act of worship to any replication of Christ or of a cross-whether an image of him being impaled or not-is not biblical. Any image worship is considered idolatry.
Uhhh.... .....what has that got to do with wearing a cross.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 01-26-2019, 08:50 PM

Most Catholics wear a crucifix. I don’t find anything wrong with wearing a cross or crucifix, but I have come across a group of Christian denomination who find it offensive to wear a cross or crucifix. I believe they were Pentecostal because they were speaking in tongues.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:54 AM

Personally, it is unfortunate the liberty we profess wherein we can have and touch, has to be subjected to such ridged forms of conduct. The fear of “idolatry”?, com’n Mark51, short of some extremely remote instance, you really think this may the danger we face?

You remember when both Apostles Peter and Paul touched on the wearing of accessory in 1 Tim 2:9 and 1 Pet 3:3, they never likened the wearing of precious metal nor gem to idolatry but purely on account of the glimmer it provided. Notice then, how quickly they closed it off and kept it away from our liberty with a life that instead exhibits good-works and concern for the inner man.

Myself, I have been known to brandish that symbol of affection but have for years now gotten away from it as things I wear deteriorates quickly due to my line of work of spraying caustic material for the day-to-day, so it fell out of habit for the Church and all other social aspect.

But this is what remains today for me concerning the presence of the cross wherever you come across it. What does the world-over say concerning that presence but, that it is here and those who have provided it for us and every precipitous level it is seen in use from very low to very high has indeed staked it’s claim upon nearly every culture inasmuch if it could say for itself,

‘I represent the affection of many millions of peoples whom for one reason or another use me to promote a single truth, as the presence of Christ himself made a visible announcement to the world, it is without question, we adored that presence and it was welcomed. Now that He has gone on to be with the Father, the adoration has found a simple means to continue that adoration in an inorganic form.’

So then low or high, it is here to stay and to this we can say to that establishment,
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Old 01-27-2019, 10:04 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Most Catholics wear a crucifix. I don’t find anything wrong with wearing a cross or crucifix, but I have come across a group of Christian denomination who find it offensive to wear a cross or crucifix. I believe they were Pentecostal because they were speaking in tongues.
Well, they were speaking in something, that's for sure. LOL.

Ask them if they have a cross somewhere outside their church, maybe on the front of the church. Almost all churches do. If they do, ask them what's the difference.

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 01-27-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:10 PM

They used a fish symbol in the first century christianity. You are overthinking this. Beware legalism.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.