Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Camel and gnat ?

Old 03-10-2018, 02:33 PM

Default Camel and gnat ?

how is it so easily accepted that Elizah and Enoch etc were assumed into heaven when it was closed and Mary who helped to open it was refused - twinc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-10-2018, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Camel and gnat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinc View Post
how is it so easily accepted that Elizah and Enoch etc were assumed into heaven when it was closed and Mary who helped to open it was refused - twinc
By the mere fact both instances of Elijah, and Enock have written accounts in the Bible.

Whereas in the case of Mary, there isn't one mention of what happened to her after the Crucifixion, and without any documentation of the subject (Scripture) your belief really is ASSUMPTION.

I guess, "That Truth Will Out"

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 03-10-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
By the mere fact both instances of Elijah, and Enock have written accounts in the Bible.

Whereas in the case of Mary, there isn't one mention of what happened to her after the Crucifixion, and without any documentation of the subject (Scripture) your belief really is ASSUMPTION.

I guess, "That Truth Will Out"
I expected that answer. We have disagreed about that for years. But here is the more interesting question: Heaven had not been opened yet in Elijah and Enock's lifetime. Jesus opened the gates of heaven. So where did they go?

The only answer I can think of is, that, since God exists outside of time and there is no future or past for God, He allowed them to surpass the constraints of time and enter into heaven, even though by the earthly timeline it had not been opened yet.

Or something like that.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 03-11-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-11-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I expected that answer. We have disagreed about that for years. But here is the more interesting question: Heaven had not been opened yet in Elijah and Enock's lifetime. Jesus opened the gates of heaven. So where did they go?

The only answer I can think of is, that, since God exists outside of time and there is no future or past for God, He allowed them to surpass the constraints of time and enter into the heaven, even though by the earthly timeline it had not been opened yet.

Or something like that.

exactly so - proves what is not in the bible is sometimes accepted and sometimes rejected even though the qualification for entering heaven is even ignored etc - twinc