Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Reincarnation/Reformation ?

Old 03-09-2018, 01:20 PM

Default Reincarnation/Reformation ?

when did the Reformation first ban the early Christian belief in reincarnation - why and what was the exact wording of the ban - twinc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Reincarnation/Reformation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinc View Post
when did the Reformation first ban the early Christian belief in reincarnation - why and what was the exact wording of the ban - twinc
Early Christian belief in reincarnation? What makes you think the early Christians believed in reincarnation? I have never heard of such a thing. Which early Christian writer can you point to to support that claim.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-10-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Early Christian belief in reincarnation? What makes you think the early Christians believed in reincarnation? I have never heard of such a thing. Which early Christian writer can you point to to support that claim.

okay then don't take my word for it - so why not update via google by an independent source - btw it seems you neither know your bible nor your Christianity - twinc
Old 03-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
okay then don't take my word for it - so why not update via google by an independent source - btw it seems you neither know your bible nor your Christianity - twinc
I am just asking you to support your assertion.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 03-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Twin: I've never heard about the reincarnation thing with Christianity (I believe that's hinduism)... can you clarify?
Old 03-11-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Twin: I've never heard about the reincarnation thing with Christianity (I believe that's hinduism)... can you clarify?

exactly 'never heard' and I am wondering why when it is even freely available on the internet - btw this is the second time someone has responded to what I have stated as never heard about 'The Christian Christmas Tree' was the first time many also did so - twinc

Last edited by twinc : 03-11-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
exactly 'never heard' and I am wondering why when it is even freely available on the internet - btw this is the second time someone has responded to what I have stated as never heard about 'The Christian Christmas Tree' was the first time many also did so - twinc
"Freely available on the Internet" ... to be honest, I don't trust most of what I read on the internet... there are websites on everything from 911 conspiracies to the truth about Big foot... on and on....

** Just so you know, I wasn't trying to argue with you. In fact, I DID briefly search the net before I posted the question asking you for a source....

I went to google and typed in "reincarnation early Christianity" and the first site that shows up has a URL "ancient-origins.net" so it sounded like conspiracy stuff to me... but I decided to check wikipedia on reincarnation to see if it mentioned Christianity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation) - it didn't

That's as much time as I wanted to spend on the subject so I figured I'd just ask you for your source. If you can provide, that would be nice, if not, fine too.

Last edited by Mark : 03-11-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
.....I figured I'd just ask you for your source. ......
Me too....

Old 03-12-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Me too....

it seems the ban came into effect 500 years after the resurrection and was imposed by an emperor and not a Pope to protect his wife's shady reputation as a prostitute and was against a belief in reincarnation authorised by a Pope a hundred years before = so take your pick - twinc
Old 03-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
it seems the ban came into effect 500 years after the resurrection and was imposed by an emperor and not a Pope to protect his wife's shady reputation as a prostitute and was against a belief in reincarnation authorised by a Pope a hundred years before = so take your pick - twinc
So are you able to cite where you found all this information? I was not able to find it.