Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Unforgiveable Blasphemy ?

Old 03-09-2018, 01:15 PM

Default Unforgiveable Blasphemy ?

could attributing the works and fruits of devils to the Holy Spirit be unforgiveable blasphemy - twinc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Unforgiveable Blasphemy ?

A refusal to give ourselves to the work of God's Spirit within us is a sin from which there can be no salvation, no matter how sound our knowledge of every Scripture doctrine.

For without this life of God in our souls conforming us to the image of Christ by the control of the Holy Spirit, we still dead to God and under the power of Satan, who is the god of this world, and in whom the whole world lies in wickedness.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertFinch View Post
A refusal to give ourselves to the work of God's Spirit within us is a sin from which there can be no salvation, no matter how sound our knowledge of every Scripture doctrine.

For without this life of God in our souls conforming us to the image of Christ by the control of the Holy Spirit, we still dead to God and under the power of Satan, who is the god of this world, and in whom the whole world lies in wickedness.

you start by accepting what is in dispute that we are indwelt, inspired and
and individually guided by the Holy Spirit - this imho has proven to be unforgiveable blasphemy - twinc
Old 03-18-2018, 01:30 PM

1 Corinthians 15:10 - "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."

The apostle said of himself, "But by the grace of God I am what I am." So every wise disputer about Scripture doctrines, and every professing Christian not looking solely to the Spirit of God to be everything in and to him may as truly say of himself, "Through my turning and trusting to something else than the grace of God and the inspiration of His Spirit, I am what I am." And for this sin, there is no possible salvation.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Re: Unforgiveable Blasphemy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinc View Post
could attributing the works and fruits of devils to the Holy Spirit be unforgiveable blasphemy - twinc
Mark states that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. First we must define what is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The Catechism Catechism of the Catholic Church explains it like this:

"Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven." There are no limits to the mercy of God, but anyone who deliberately refuses to accept his mercy by repenting, rejects the forgiveness of his sins and the salvation offered by the Holy Spirit. Such hardness of heart can lead to final impenitence and eternal loss (CCC 1864).

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to refuse God's mercy. It is a refusal to repent of sin. God does not bring anyone into his kingdom against his will. Human persons have the ability to reject God's mercy and refuse forgiveness of sins which leads to eternal separation from God.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 03-19-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Mark states that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. First we must define what is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The Catechism Catechism of the Catholic Church explains it like this:

"Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven." There are no limits to the mercy of God, but anyone who deliberately refuses to accept his mercy by repenting, rejects the forgiveness of his sins and the salvation offered by the Holy Spirit. Such hardness of heart can lead to final impenitence and eternal loss (CCC 1864).

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to refuse God's mercy. It is a refusal to repent of sin. God does not bring anyone into his kingdom against his will. Human persons have the ability to reject God's mercy and refuse forgiveness of sins which leads to eternal separation from God.

exactly why the unforgiveable sin is truly unforgiveable because no possibility of being recanted and repented imho - twinc
Old 03-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
exactly why the unforgiveable sin is truly unforgiveable because no possibility of being recanted and repented imho - twinc
Yes. Without repentance there is no forgiveness.

That's why Universalism is a bunch of horse apples.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 03-20-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Yes. Without repentance there is no forgiveness.

That's why Universalism is a bunch of horse apples.

I do not se how it follows - in fact makes it all the more feasible and necessary - twinc
Old 03-20-2018, 08:02 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I do not se how it follows - in fact makes it all the more feasible and necessary - twinc
"Universalism" is a new age belief that everybody goes to "heaven" - everybody. There's no hell, no damnation, no possibility of eternal punishment in hell.

Obviously that is a bunch of horse apples, as I said.

Many people will never repent, and as you said, without repentance there is no forgiveness.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Knight of the Forum

How about doing same sin over and over again ? How about disregarding the written word of God ? How about adding or subtracting to the word of God ?
How about lying to God ?

ped